[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you leave 4chan for giod? I've been here for 8 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1464759099873.jpg (78 KB, 537x843) Image search: [Google]
1464759099873.jpg
78 KB, 537x843
How do you leave 4chan for giod? I've been here for 8 years and it's doing more and more damage to me year by year.
>>
>>17207596
Stop coming here. Yes you can faggot.
>>
>>17207596

Hit the x.

Don't come back. That's it.
>>
>>17207596
the only people who know the answer to this are not here

but I think it has something to do with going outside or finding other places to go online

I have mostly kicked my /b/ habit but I still spend a lot of time on other boards
>>
>>17207632
Yeah I know. But I don't know where else to ask.

>>17207625
>>17207622
If only it was that simple.
>>
>>17207816
show it to someone you think should never see it, like your grandma or something

you'll feel so ashamed of yourself, you won't come back
>>
>>17207838
literally what
>>
it seems to only really be /b/ that is shameful. though, i am fairly new here, only been coming on 4chan for about a year.
>>
>>17207842
literally what literal part of it do you literally not literally understand
>>
I consider myself to have "left 4chan"

I've been here since 2008 so that is 8 years as well. I don't know your specific reasons for coming here, but mine were obviously boredom, lack of social life, and probably to some extent mental illness.

Simply put 4chan is a lifestyle. and like any other change in your life it comes down to a lifestyle change.

For me that lifestyle change came down to realizing how negative and toxic this environment was. I mean if this place has me considering suicide because I'm 5'9 and my penis is 7 X 5.5 then obviously this place is fucked. That is a completely average height and above average penis size in the real world.

Everything here is elitist. And the thing about elitism is that nobody likes it except other elitists, and even the elitists will be elitist about the things you're elitist about. But I'm sure you already know all the reasons this place is bad.

>For me? The way I "left" is by realizing, for me personally, Tumblr was a much better online environment. Tumblr might not be a good environment for you. For me though, the music I like and the way I dress it worked out. I have a lot of followers, and girls are always blowing up my ask box.

It is funny how a picture of me gets posted on 4chan and it is nothing but "ugly mother fucker, you're pig disgusting." but on tumblr I have girls begging to suck my dick practically.

Now the reason I consider myself having "left" 4chan is because I'll just lurk now. I'll open up a board, scroll through the front page, realize how stupid everything is, then go over to Youtube or Tumblr. I'm not immersed in the lifestyle of 4chan anymore.
>>
>>17207857
not op but i really dont see this working at all
>>
>>17207865
Holy shit what a faggot you are.
If what you say about not posting is true, I'm extremely glad for it.
Go to your glorified online hugbox and refrain from further posting here at all.
>>
>>17207865
Thanks for the input man. I agree 110% with what you said. I'm surprised someone feels the exact same way I feel about this place. I've also been using Tumblr for quite awhile and have been browsing it frequently. It's funny, the people I follow aren't that much different with the sense of comedy they have compared to 4chan. I tried Reddit but really hated the layout, gold accounts and voting systems.
>>
>>17207875
Sounds like 4chan pointed your mind on Tumblr. If you followed the right people you'd be happy there. I see all sorts of people there, even /pol/ debaters.
>>
File: 1334722945242.jpg (56 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1334722945242.jpg
56 KB, 560x407
>>17207866
well then don't do it I guess

might work for me but then I guess I know different people than you, I guess I'm the only person left on here who has enough respect for their parents to care what they think of me. but then I am not a millennial
>>
>>17207907
>not a millennial
>posting 4chan memes

yeah dude totally
>>
>>17207890
It's pathetic that you need others approval to "not want to kill yourself".
> this place has me considering suicide because I'm 5'9 and my penis is 7 X 5.5
You sound like the weakest piece of shit ever produced, not because of those numbers, which obviously aren't bad.

There was a South Park episode recently in which Cartman got fat-shamed online, and had Butters for him delete all the negative comments on his social media so that he wouldn't feel bad. You remind me of it a lot.
If you need a place to constantly feed your ego, you're pathetic regardless of what others tell you, be it calling you a faggot or wanting to suck your dick.
>>
>>17207890
is tumblr like facebook? i have been using for about a year, some of the disucssion are interesting here but the people are so fucking negative, edgy, and elitist.
>>
>>17208226
not the person you where replying to. its the fact that people are acting like cunts when there is no need. there is a difference between criticism and being negative. none of these people would saying anything like that in real life, so they are weak really.
>>
>>17207596
Take it less seriously. 4chan in general can provide good perspective on things in life if you take what people say here in conjunction with your personal experiences in the real world. Personally I would just cut down on your 4chan time and do more things on other sites or in real life instead of just trying to quit 4chan entirely. That just seems unnecessary to me.
>>
File: image.png (163 KB, 1046x614) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163 KB, 1046x614
I've got the perfect picture for this thread.

This is actually from /adv/
>>
>>17208269
> there is a difference between criticism and being negative
There is, but it's his fault for taking what some random anonymous people online said so seriously.
>none of these people would saying anything like that in real life, so they are weak really.
That's the whole point of anonymity, for people to be able to say whatever they feel like with no repercussions.
>>
>>17208326
>That's the whole point of anonymity, for people to be able to say whatever they feel like with no repercussions.
true but its just shows how shitty they are as a person.
>>
>>17208338
It's how everybody is.
But some people can't take it, and that's fine by me, just fuck off to tumblr/facebook/wherever.
>>
>>17208226
That's not even me dude lmao.
>>
>>17208263
It's been pretty awful these past 2 or 3 years, yeah.

>is tumblr like Facebook
No. There's no click bait. But people do fall for the "the image source says it so it must be true" trivia.
>>
>>17208757
>>
install cold turkey

put 4chan on block list

schedule midnight to midnight every day
>>
i just browse 3 boards for like 15 minutes
the constant F5 is what keeps u here
>>
>>17208338

But thats why it hurts so bad. Thinking people feel these things, but they would never say them in real life. So its like you go through your day, doing well, being happy, then suddenly you start to get paranoid that maybe people opinions of you aren't what they put forth.

But the truth is most of the posts on 4chan are just trolls to get a rise out of people. Feeding off of that sentiment.

I'm not weak for feeling down because of this place, I'm weak for not leaving it sooner. It is a cesspool of negativity.

This place is like the cantina on mos eisley.
>>
Been here for 12 years
There's no escape OP
You might take a few breaks
But you will always return
We are here forever
But at least we are together..
>>
>>17209523
i think you just need to take it less serious. i make the mistake of taking people serious on this. most people are just baiting, and trolling because they are bored and they know new fags like us will fall for it.
>>
I discovered this site through /b/, as I imagine most people did, realized that board was nothing but the bottom of the barrel scam of humanity, tried to go to /pol/ cause I like talking politics, found out it's full of nothing but edgy irrational man children, my main boards are /sp/ and /co/, I barely go on the latter and /sp/ is just for 1 general and the occasional soccer game thread. You quit this site by realizing just how awful and meaningless it is, I'm seeing people are having a conversation about tumblr, I was on there around 2011-2012 had a decent number of followers and people on there are generally nicer, only idiots who haven't been there have this idea that it's only dominated by fat feminazis who get triggered by everything, you can go on there and completely miss that stuff, but I feel like I've outgrown that site's culture, it was cool when I was 18-20 but now as a grown man it doesn't make any sense for me to be there. I guess it's all just a matter of where you are in your life, I don't know why I still even post here but I am sure a day in my life will come when I realize I don't need to.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.