[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to ask out an RA on my floor at college. My keycard to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 229x220
I want to ask out an RA on my floor at college. My keycard to the building hasn't been working and she's fixing it for me, she told me to knock on her door and let her know if it's working. I was thinking about saying something then. I'm used to girls coming onto me, or only going after a girl that I'm sure to get, so this is a little odd for me. I was thinking about saying "hey you're really pretty. I was wondering if we could do something some time". Now that I read that back I'm thinking I should say you're really "cool" rather than pretty. Hmmm. Thoughts? Advice?
>>
RA has an easy excuse to turn you down on account of it being "inappropriate" especially if you make it sound too date-y.

Don't say "do something sometime," say "go to the quad and throw a frisbee around," or some such. I.e. don't be a fucking faggot
>>
>>17206401

>girls come onto him
>still doesn't know how to talk to girls

you normalshits never cease to amaze
>>
>>17206444
We don't have a quad this campus is really small and fucking sucks. It's also summer so there's absolutely nothing going on. I don't think I'd be inappropriate. She's just a student anyway. I also talked to a friend of mine who's an RA and he told me to go for it
>>
>>17206401
If shes hot, say hey thinkin of getting coffee, wanna come? then compliment her in a flirty way if she says yes But NOT about her looks. Then rape her and hang a sign around her lifeless neck that says "teachers pet"
>>
>>17206454
Ik it's weird. But it's like this; when a girl comes onto you, you know she's going to take what you say how you mean it and positively. When you go after a girl they can be defensive and there's just a lot more to be conscious of. So I just chill, don't care, and let them come to me. I figure if they're into me they'll let me know. Works so far. But this girl is pretty cool so I want to try and get to know her
>>
>>17206465
I mean she's not like a super hot girl, she's very pretty, but she's not somone I think people would talk about like she's a "hot girl". She doesn't dress the part, you feel? Anyway so I thought the pretty comment would be viewed as sweet. But your advice seems solid. Glad to be thinking it out.
>>
>>17206401
Wow. You know, I've travelled the world, like, really travelled the world, Bangkok, St Petersburg, Rome.

Who would of thought the most beautiful women in the world would be in my home town.

It'll be an honor to have a cup of coffee with you

Meet Mr at the front gates. Seven 0 clock.
>>
>>17206475
That aint nothin boi. Comeback when youve been to 50+ countries and have been arrested and almost murdered in shitty third world countries.
>>
>>17206455

Yeah, I mean it wouldn't really be inappropriate. More just that you should probably have a specific plan in mind.
>>
>>17206483
What do you mean bro?
>>
>>17206485

I'm too lazy to think of a lot of specific things right now, but just ask her to do something with you that's a natural, easy thing to do with two people.

Simple example: "Hey, do you want to go walk along the river with me? I've never really seen what's past the Science building."

You can probably sell it better than I'm doing right now but that's the idea.
>>
>>17206506
I get u. It just sucks how truly tiny this campus is because it's like a 10 minute walk from one end to the other. Seriously this place is tiny. But you're saying ask her to chill right then and there. Interesting. That's a good idea bro. I'm just not sure there's anything I can reasonably ask her if she'd like to do here
>>
>>17206521
There HAS to be a pizza place or diner or burger joint or something local. I have never heard of a college not being surrounded by local diners/restaurants offering cheap, college-tier food. It just can't happen.

Ask her to get a bite to eat sometime at <random place near campus>. Within walking distance so you can chat on the way there and back. A casual, "we should get something to eat sometime. Pizza Joe's?" or whatever the name is.
>>
>>17206524
My college fuckin blows dude. It's like a 15 - 20 minute walk to town where there are a good variety of food places. Idk if she'd be down for the walk. This approach sounds good though, balsy. Do I compliment her first?
>>
>>17206538
No. Complimenting is so awkward and reeks of 90s teen movie memery. Girls will laugh at you if you try to go Ricky Suave and lay down the "you're so beautiful" bullshit. Asking them to go eat with you is more than enough of a clue that you like them. Guys don't ask girls to go out to eat "for funsies omg I think you're cool but just friends!!!!" No. Guys are asking them to go eat because they want to fuck them. Any girl with a functional brain knows this.
>>
>>17206545
Of course I understand that. I'm just a real ass dude. I say what's on my mind, you know. I was just gonna be like "hey you're really pretty. Would you wanna go get food in town sometime?". Something like that just kind of as an into, and to get her heart pumping maybe make her smile. Definitely not gonna say "you're beautiful"
>>
>>17206557
Nope. Don't do it. Just ask her out to do something. Save the flirtatious "you're pretty" shit for the date itself. Start out with that and you're showing your hand too soon. You're throwing yourself out there at her with a huge "I'M THIRSTY" subtext. Compliments are to be saved for if she agrees to a date. Ideal time is right after you see her the night of the date, and you give her the "pretty" compliment.

>wow, you look really pretty
>>
>>17206571
Okay I get you. I won't do it. But I'm honestly not thirsty. I don't want a hookup at all, that shit actually kind of sickens me at this point. So empty. I'm really looking to get to know her and I'm kind of well known as a really real person. But like I said I see where you're coming from. So I just go up and say "hey would you wanna go get food in town sometime?"
>>
>>17206588

Yeah, bro. You just keep it simple, just like that. Trust me, the whole "you're pretty" thing works way better in one's head than it actually does when it flops out of your mouth irl.
>>
>>17206623
Idk bro im a charming son of a bitch, especially when my heads in the game. However I will be taking your advice. My only concern is that she'll think it's completly out of nowhere and be uncomfortable
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.