[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTHFR gene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: MTHFRFig1.jpg (137 KB, 909x393) Image search: [Google]
MTHFRFig1.jpg
137 KB, 909x393
Has anyone heard of the MTHFR gene? I was just tested and apparently I have two of them and they're responsible for 99% of the problems in my life. When I look into it online a lot of stuff like "dubious testing" etc etc comes up and there's doubt over whether this is a real thing or not.

So is it real /adv/ and am I a special snowflake or am I just a normal fucked up person?
>>
I have this gene. My doctor to,d me I'm not a special snowflake and that a large number of people go their wholes lives and never know it. Thus they live miserable lives. I take deplin and as soon as I started taking it, I was more or less "cured." At least of the panic attacks and severe depression. The gene mutation causes other problems too. Just be lucky you were able to gain this insight. I wish everyone could.
>>
first I've heard of it but it looks to be v real http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gtr/genes/4524/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21185933
>>
>>17206327
Also this gene is passed down genetically so there is a very large chance someone in your family also does. Haha she told me " you didn't come from the mailman did you? You obviously got it somehow." Lol
>>
>>17206332
The second is interesting.

>>17206337
Yeah my mother would be a great candidate for it, I'm always suspected my mental issues came from her.
>>
>>17206327
>>17206337
Wait up anon will this shit make me infertile? Should I rethink even having kids because I don't want them to go through this?

Zankyou no terror looking pretty good tbhf
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.