[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point should you stop dating someone if you still haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
At what point should you stop dating someone if you still haven't developed feelings?
>>
Depends on the quality of the sex, although I have no idea why'd you go exclusive and steady with someone you don't have feelings for.
>>
2 dates
>>
File: 1439346415874.jpg (256 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
1439346415874.jpg
256 KB, 980x735
Me and this girl have been together for over two years and I don't think we have true feelings for each other. We both knowingly tried seeking out new relationships for about a year and we both failed or just gravitated back together.
>>
>>17206361
>Depends on the quality of the sex
Assume this is irrelevant

>I have no idea why'd you go exclusive and steady with someone you don't have feelings for
Assume the other person is really nice and has feelings for you. This is more of a waiting game to see if they develop.

>>17206372
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>17206398
I'm at almost a year. Like to see her happy, but it's not my life's goal. Had a girl I felt that way about, but that didn't work out.

Difference for me is that the sex ain't bad. Wish she was a little more active of a participant, but I get off on making women scream so it's not terrible.
>>
>>17206398
How much time have you spent together? If' it's just been some few days then wait a bit more, and see if chemistry arises. If it's been some weeks you should already start thinking on bailing out. If it's been months you shouldn't be together.

The waiting game doesn't really work. They never develop.
>>
>>17206372

>inb4 pregnant with no abortion

Rule of thumb for me has always been

Date 1: Feel each other out and make sure one another isn't an axe murdered/creeper/crazy,
Date 2: Test for chemistry and connection
Date 3-6: Test for compatibility and comfort
Date 7-10: You're just kinda durdling around now really and you should at least start talking about being exclusive.
Date 10+: Wtf are you doing? You are either the most awkward couple on the plant, or one of you is trying to keep options open looking for something better.

But that's just how i see dating as a whole, and not even the scale I use for myself... For myself I used a MUCH faster scale.

40% of my dates got 1 date,
40% got 2 dates,
15% of my dates got 3
4% of my dates got to 5
Anything past that was a relationship (heck the one I'm in now started right at the end of the 3rd. I knew pretty much on the first date that I really liked this girl. By the end of the 2nd that we had real potential. and by the end of the third... I just kind of went with the flow and asked if she'd by my girl. It's been a over a year and it's the best relationship either of us has ever been in)
>>
I'm of the school of thought that chemistry is nearly instantaneous and irreplaceable, so... about five minutes? That's about enough time to judge chemistry.
>>
>>17206418
Thanks

>>17206421
It's theoretical. I've been in the situation before and foresee myself being in the same situation again due to the fact that I can't find a girl I like, but several girls like me.
>>
>>17206490
Then you don't enter in a relationship with them, period. If you did it'd be really assholish from you.
>>
>>17206514
So you don't believe it's possible to learn to love someone? There are certain people out there who are willing to try to win someone over, you know.
>>
>>17206576
If you don't feel like that towards someone... Give it some few dates without a formal relationship before deciding. See if chemistry sparks up, this is important. If it doesn't, then no, you should just ditch it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.