[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I ignored my girlfriend for a while because she pulled something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I ignored my girlfriend for a while because she pulled something that I didn't like. She apologized but I didn't really acknowledge it at the time since I was in a bad mood. So I tried to fix things up when I felt better but she told me that she thought we should spend some time to ourselves and that she needed to think things through.

I think she's going to break up with me.

How do I deal with it? I feel myself getting depressed at the thought of it alone... I'm not sure what I should do... I don't want to break up with her. But I think that it would be wrong of me to start talking to her even though she said she wanted to be left to herself. It kinda feels like a lose-lose situation...
>>
>doesn't communicate properly
>is surprised when girlfriend wants to break up because you can't communicate properly
>>
nothing you can do but save your honour and pride. if she does break up, you're going to be depressed as fuck. at least now you have the advantage of seeing it coming, so you can have a fucking spine and not go crawling back - it'll only make you cringe years down the line when you're over it. everybody has breakups the least you can do is save face
>>
>>17205728
I see... That's true. I don't open up much.
>>17205734
How do I deal with it though? I don't want to crawl back asking to be with her again. What if I get so depressed that I just make stupid decisions?
>>
>>17205722
You spent your time ignoring her, now I guess she's spending her time ignoring you. Or perhaps seeing if she's feeling like she'd be happier without a man-baby as a boyfriend.

There's no guaranteed winning move here. You know her better than anyone here, and whether or not she would respond better to you giving her space or ignoring that and pursuing her.
>>
>>17205756
Im worried ill do this if my girl leaves me.
My plan is take time from work/school on halt.
take shit tones of sleeping tablets and sleep for a few weeks. Im going to delete facebook, and start a new life. I will block her from everything and also all her friends. probably better to start a new Facebook too and only check the other one for upkeep. so on your phone a new facebook and just have your old facebook signed in on Explorer or some browser you don't use that often.
>>
When you stop communicating with someone you stop being a friend.

Next time talk to her about the issue calmly and rationally instead of conducting yourself like a child.
>>
Literally all you had to say was "hey this has me in a bad mood, I'll talk to you when I'm thinking rationally again." Ffs.
>>
>>17205722
Oh boy OP. You sound like me. I'm 30 years old. Here's some of the observations I've made. Your gf is planning on leaving you. If you try to make it seem like you want her back she's going to pull away even more. Especially if you approach whining/begging territory.
You can pretend that it won't effect your life that much and maybe she will stay. Girls hate to leave when you don't give a fuck about them leaving or want them to leave. That's just in my experience. Others may vary.
>>
>>17205722
Have you thought about just being honest?

When she comes to you to discuss what she found in her time apart tell her what you discovered in yours: "I realized I have communication problems and my goal to help us is to improve them" or something along those lines.

You seem to know what your problems are more than most of us here. Highlight those when you discuss this period of time and, if you really want to work on improving these areas, tell her that. If you get her to work on them with you then you might wind up being an even better boyfriend or even husband to this woman.
>>
>>17206177
I went for a long walk and have been thinking about things for a while and how to deal with potentially breaking up. I won't do anything like begging and such since I've calmed down quite a bit and thought about how to handle it. I'm expecting her to break up with me now.

>>17206196
I haven't but I think it's worth a shot. I've been so caught up about being depressed and breaking up that I didn't even think about being honest.
>>
>>17206100
This. It's all about communication. You can't just not talk to her and let it be.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.