[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've decided: I'm out. I'm a burden on those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: gay earth.gif (197 KB, 210x131) Image search: [Google]
gay earth.gif
197 KB, 210x131
So I've decided: I'm out.

I'm a burden on those around me and utterly pathetic.

What do I need to do in my last few days to make the transition easier for my family? How long does it take to write a will and have it go into effect? Any recommendations for the method? I was planning on using helium, but I'm not too sure.
>>
Nothing will make the process easier on your family. Absolutely nothing. They will blame themselves, and will destroy your family from the inside out.
>>
>>17205543
This, Anon. Even if you're an objectively shitty person for the rest of your life, it won't change anything. Just don't kill yourself.
>>
>>17205543
My family has dealt with worse. I live far away from my real family anyway. I'm just leeching off of my bf's family. It's not the same.

>>17205554
Come on 4chan, this isn't like you. I've already made my decision. It's just that I've never done anything right in my life. I want to fuck up at least this as little as possible.
>>
>>17205572
Don't give up just yet anon. There is so much shit you probably haven't even thought of trying in life. I don't want to be the cliche', "There is so much more to life" kind of person, But there IS so much that you most likely haven't witnessed just yet. Be active, meditate and medicate... Try anything that will keep you're mind off of the thought of suicide. It get's better. But before it does, you have to decide to make it better. Don't give up the fight before you've lost the war. Be safe anon...
>>
>>17205762
Please... Most people can't even get to witness everything life has to offer. Due mostly to monetary reasons or otherwise. Be realistic about "what the world has to offer".
>>
>>17205762
Nah, I'm done. I've tried and I know there's no point. I'm actively hurting others by my continued existence. I don't want to do that anymore.
>>
>>17205536
If you're seriously considering to end your life, at least live for one more month. If you don't feel as miserable after that, then it's possible that you can find a solution to life. I've considered suicide for years but there ARE brighter sides to life than you realize.

If you still feel miserable then by all means, commit suicide. I'm not going to force you to live if you're badly suffering. It's still your choice. But please, live for another month and see if you're in control of your issues. You're going to be dead for the rest of eternity, so why not wait a little longer? I hope you'll find happiness in your life
>>
>>17205787
Realitsicaly speaking... choose a good method.
Wach out of the pitfalls of failed attempted suicide.
a) don't get maimed for life
b) if you survive, you will be stigmatized and even maybe forcefully hospitalized
>>
Suicide takes more planning and willpower than putting out a job application.
>>
>>17205787
>I know there's no point
Because clearly you're a rational, intelligent person who makes good life choices.
>>
>>17205536
>Give me attention: The post
>I want to kill myself and get some sympathy so I'll post on /adv/ but I need to post it under the pretense of asking for advice. Hmm... Oh! I know! Uh... how do I make my family not mind that I'm dead? Ha, nailed it.
>>
>>17205877
Everyone needs attention. No need to get all shrinky douchy about it.
Even you , as you posted, wanted attention to your post.
>>
>>17205554
>Come on 4chan, this isn't like you. I've already made my decision. It's just that I've never done anything right in my life. I want to fuck up at least this as little as possible.
Listen, you're gonna have to make a different decision pretty soon: either stop pretending you give a fuck about your family or start giving a fuck about them. If you've really decided on doing this, you don't give a fuck about them. Plain and simple. All this "guys help me make the transition easier" bullshit is your way of making yourself feel better about doing something horrible. And yes, it is a fucking horrible thing to do. "My family has dealt with worse." Fuck off. They're going to be depressed, and they're going to blame themselves for what you did, and they're going to live with crippling self-hatred and regret for it until they die. How's that for "they can deal with it", huh? I don't like being lied to, so if you are serious about this, at least be honest with me & yourself for a moment: do you really give a fuck about your family?
>>
>>17205926
Meant to reply to >>17205572 . Point still stands.
>>
>>17205926
You sound mad. But I kind of agree. Usually, if you really feel you want out, you go for it.
Family will be upset.
But, unlike this guy, I don't think it's reason enough to not do what you actually want to do.
That being said, maybe that's your problem, you care what oyther people think too much.
A problem many/all 4channers have
>>
>>17205922
You can literally go on almost any social website and get attention. This isn't one of them. Idiot.
>>
>>17205952
Dumbass
>>
>>17205536
>>17205536

I'm in the same place anon. Developmental trauma that I've self internalized. Trying to work out the finer points of a safe suicide method before I end it.

That being said. I wouldn't recommend it. If you can find a way out I would try.
>>
>>17205833
I've already kind of been doing that. There's a certain anniversary coming up that I don't want to face. I'd like to get my

>>17205842
Yeah, like in OP I'm leaning towards a suicide bag. I can't take pain and I love sleeping so it seems the best fit. Anyone have any info about how it can go wrong?

>>17205848
Lol, it's not about that. I could literally have a job tomorrow. I choose not to work.

>>17205851
Obviously not. If I were I probably wouldn't be in this situation, right?

>>17205877
Or maybe I understand that having a loved one commit suicide has serious effects on people? That won't change my mind but I still want to understand it.

Though it is kind of funny watching people say "No don't do it there's so much to live for! There are people who will be sad if you're gone!" as if I don't know that.

As long as you're giving me shit can you give me some advice on how to kill myself? If this is just some mental gymnastics to get someone to pay attention to me then you're not helping. Just hide the thread, and move on.
>>
If I don't kill myself now I'll kill myself slowly and it will be just as hard on them over a longer period of time. I'm already doing that. If I can help them understand my decision I think it's possible that they won't suffer as much now as they could in the future.
>>
>>17206000
>As long as you're giving me shit can you give me some advice on how to kill myself?
No one on an advice board is going to give you the best methods for killing yourself. No one in general is going to do that. The people who found out are all dead. Big surprise. You've likely already thought about plenty. If that's what you want to do, do it.
>>
>>17206013
Meant for
>>17205926
>>
>>17205536

There's no way to make the transition easy for your family. At all. I've though many a time on this, there is nothing that you can do.

Even if you think you've done something like, killed yourself in nice clothes, or paid down your debt or something, you're still dead, and they're still grieving, crying, becoming depressed, drinking, losing hope, etc, etc.

There's no way out without being an ultimate shit head. If you're gonna off yourself you need to understand that it is completely selfish in every way.
>>
>>17206059
You don't know my family or me. They are better off without me. But you are right. It is definitely selfish.
>>
My father hung him self didn't do the job spent 4 months life support before he woke up and yanked the breathing tube out. So I wouldn't suggest that... Scroll through rekt threads and find a creative fun way to do so. Please Video it so 4chan has something new to watch?
>>
>>17206092
Maybe I should. I worry that my bf might look suspicious if I leave my shit to him days before. If I video it it'll be clear he had no involvement.
>>
My father also found a life insurance policy that covered suicide. Best thing he ever did for us. Also I would say dont do it in a mutual space for bad memories will remain and be a bad place
>>
http://youtu.be/GTFvDqBVNBI

Probably my favorite song when im down.
>>
http://youtu.be/HV2JqHsE2LI

Another one
>>
>>17206137
Thank you I hadn't considered that. I'll look into life insurance, though that definitely conflicts with wanting to do it in the next few days.
>>
>>17205536

How old are you, OP?
>>
>>17206173
>>
>>17205536
If you want advice on Suicide go to /b/. It is one of their favorite topics and if you intend to die anyway showing tits or cock w/ timestamp in exchange for help on suicide couldn't hurt.

Alternatively; have you thought about turning to God? It will mean cutting out of /putting in a lot of new things from/to your life but it is well worthwhile. I didn't believe it either for a while but it really does help.
>>
File: 20160214_164220.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160214_164220.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
Hope you find peace in whatever you decide. I know I use to be mad about it but now realize that it was for the better. Having a depressed father that had no happiness in life would have been a drag and probably would've gave us all worse problems then we have now. Also he couldn't find work so the insurance policy helped... I was 8 when he did it the money lasted until I was 18.

If you actually feel suicide is the only option for you then do it. But if there is any shred of happiness from anything go with it even if it steps on peoples toes. fuck em.

For me nature hikes and my dogs and a good pick me up.

Failing job market

Fucked housing

Fucked people making it a fucked world

The media feeding people lies while the government bends us over and fucks us with no lube without the common decency to give a reach around

All my misery happens to be from society so I withdraw my self from it and im usually fine with in a couple of days.
>>
>>17206244
Yes the light dose help

http://youtu.be/h4WTfebWG5s
>>
>>17206244
Nah I'm a 100% skeptic, no room for faith in my life.
>>
>>17205572
>Come on 4chan, this isn't like you.
I would like to think that even most of the rest of 4chan wouldn't use the LOL KILL URSELF meme on someone they believed was actually suicidal. Though /r9k/ might, given that you're female.

But even if all of the above weren't the case, at /adv/ we don't do that so much. The meme still gets used from time to time, but not for this kind of case.

>>17205536
>I'm a burden on those around me and utterly pathetic.
We are all burdens on those around us, in our own ways. Part of friendship and love is accepting those burdens, as you have accepted those of the people you care about, and as the people who care about you have accepted yours.
>>
>>17206655
Let's go with do what you feel is best for you.

Do what gives you peace.

Have you talked with your partner about these feelings?
>>
>>17205536
There is no heavier burden you can put on your family than suicide. Nothing at all. That shit will with on them forever.

I dont get why suicidal people can never understand this. Oh yeah, they're insane and can't think rationally about anything involving themselves.
>>
>>17207204
I never said I was female, I said that I had a boyfriend. But I guess I am. I will be at least. I'm trans but I've never really made any progress towards transition. So when I die I'll be known as female forever. There's only a handful of people that know I was trans anyway. Most of them probably think I was just saying it to get attention, like >>17205877
>>
>>17207856
I have. He doesn't want me to of course, but he does at least agree that I should have agency over my own life.

>>17207887
Like I've said, I understand that this will have serious repercussions. That this will hurt the ones I care about deeply. But like you said, I'm insane. Why would I want to burden them with my presence any longer? I don't get why assholes like you think you're accomplishing anything by calling suicidal and depressed people insane and selfish.
>>
>>17207887
This guy is doing it wrong and is wrong

>>17208071
Besides the roleplay that you do in your head how do you actually know you're a burden? Have you actually considered things that you could do to lessen the burdens you put on yourself? Do your friends and family insult you and force that role on you? Unless you killed their dog and raped your siblings/ extorted your family for money or some other horrible thing they are lying to you.

You're also in a relationship, which if not supportive is a MAJOR drain on you. That is a lot of time not spent on yourself which it seems like you need to do.

Obviously there is still more room to fuck up right? You're on the internet right now which is pretty fucking huge compared to a lot of people (only 40% of the people in the world have access). You're literate which is also a pretty big up beating 1/6th of the worlds population. Have you eaten recently? And by recently I mean even eaten today. Doing much better then another 12% of the earths population.

You could actually be insane and hurt other people, or manipulate other people, hurt yourself, but it sounds like you're not doing that.

Also your responses to other people defending your own illness... read them. Defense is a sign of wanting others to live. Compassion is a powerful tool for healing. When you defend or heal something you care about it definitely heals others and yourself.
>>
>>17208108
Lol, you think I don't don't realize those facts? Yeah I've eaten recently. A whole fucking lot. I'm fat as fuck. I have no desire to stop being a burden. I'm a lazy piece of shit who has no desire to to stop being so.

And of course part of me still wants to live. Just like my uterus wants to get pregnant every month. But that doesn't mean I want to have children, does it? Life tries to sustain itself because its only purpose is to live. But I consider myself to be my conscious thoughts, not my body, and my conscious thoughts want to stop existing.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.