[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to the NEET rehab thread Looking for a job? Educatio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13
File: Pokemon_Center_Interior.png (11 KB, 480x296) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Center_Interior.png
11 KB, 480x296
Welcome to the NEET rehab thread
Looking for a job? Education? Training? You have come to the right thread
Invited: Helpful non-NEETs, NEETs
Not invited: blogposters, Truckerfag (filter him), shitposters
Some resources:
>http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4

What do you guys plan on accomplishing this week? What have you accomplished so far in the past seven days?
>>
Does anyone know how many applications it takes to get an entry level job?
>>
>>17205568
All of them. Literally all of them.

Then you have to physically manifest in either the store or a fucking group interview and HOPE TO CHRIST that you don't fuck up too badly and expect either hiring or another interview (that can hopefully lead to hiring).

Neither of these things happened to me. Only 4 one-shot interviews happened and nothing came of them.
>>
>>17205568
What sort of stuff have you been applying to? When I was first starting out I checked Craigslist twice daily and sent my resume to anything that I was qualified for, mostly just dishwasher and retail jobs. I noticed that there were a lot of listings for security guard jobs, so I got a license and then applied at the security agencies Securitas and us security. Had a job with both by the end of the week.
>>
>>17205514
what is the point in not being a neet? most people normal people are unhappy anyway, the only difference is that they momentarily cover it up with materialism, and drugs. most normal people are cucks, they are spending most of their time working just so they can live, what is the point? especially if they have kids, they have even less time.
>>
>>17205579
Didn't know about craigslist for jobs. Aren't they sketchy? I've applied to places like Taco Bell, Panera, Chipolte, Savers etc. Most of them I've had interviews. I don't have any work experience, but I've completed high school. So basically when they interview me they find a mumbling autist who didn't do much of anything after completing high school I imagine. I'm really eager to work, but they have been discouraging so far
>>
>>17205607
My position exactly. Someone, please save us.
>>
>>17205607
Watch some YouTube videos about interviews so you aren't a mumbling autist. And yes Craigslist jobs is fine, I got several jobs through it.
>>
>>17205514
>What do you guys plan on accomplishing this week? What have you accomplished so far in the past seven days?
Not job related, but I'm moving into a new house over the next few days. It's my first time handling every step along the way myself - finding a group, finding houses, actually getting a lease signed, and then closing out all the stuff in my apartment. Every time before now I've basically tagged along, so while I'm really stressed about moving, I'm feeling good about putting myself in this position instead of waiting for someone else to make a change for me.

Past seven days have been packing essentially, slow going but I should be able to finish the bulk of it up tonight, hopefully. If not, I still have three more days here, most of it totally free, so I'm feeling confident.
>>
>>17205607
>>17205610
I dunno if this is near you, but there are definitely temp work agencies that can provide good opportunities, even if it only ends up being useful for meeting new people regularly and comfortably. You need to provide transportation and get up early, but assuming those things are doable, it can be a good thing to do while looking for a regular job.
>>
>>17205647
Are these for long term job? What kind of situations will I be with people in? Is there a specific brand of agencies I need to look for?
>>
I'm sorry, but this is literally my first post on adv. Why you guys don't like trucking? Logically it would fit all the neets here. You nearly talk to people. Is it the pay? Or 4k to get your cdl A? I'm currently saving money to get my cdl b/c it beats washing dishes or cleaning up offices. I'm curious about your guys opinion cus it's usually like "it's a scam" or something. I need those warnings to see if I'm gonna like it or not
>>
>>17205753
Truckerfag is the name of a tripfag that shits up threads. Not related to the actual job of being a truck driver
>>
95% of adv is blogposting and shitposting, its going to be quiet here
>>
>>17205739
Not usually long term jobs, although some temp placements can turn into full time gigs if you play your cards right.

As far as people you'll be around, that's gonna vary pretty widely. You'll probably end up in labor jobs, at least based on my experience, but I suppose it's possible the same thing exists for more office oriented work.

Also worth noting that generally they'll call you the morning of the job (or you might go in) and then you aren't necessarily obligated to take any particular job. You'll want to take them often if you can, but if you have a day you can't make it you just tell them you can't do whatever job it is they've offered, you can just say no.
>>
im trying to find a job i can do just from my shitty ass laptop that i can make rent with, i looked at some data entry jobs but im a chubby trans girl with some toys and latex etc and im trying to figure out if i could cam or something, i honestly dont care as long as it pays
>>
I thought the NEET threads died
>>
>>17205591
This dissertation to be very forthright my blood relatives.
>>
>>17205768
A NEET/Shut-in is welcome after it being away for so long.
>>
>>17206322
I wouldn't do that. Once you do that those nudes are going to be around forever. So you only looked at the data entry jobs or have you applied?
>>
>>17206974
We live, we die, we live again!
>>
Do you guys find that this thread actually helps?

I went from fat NEET to a full blown normie in 3 years but I feel like I couldn't give any advice at all because it's all so individual.
>>
>>17205514
>>>/r9k/
>>
Would joining the army help with being a lazy, procrastinating NEET?
>>
>>17207463
you'll learn discipline for sure, and get a workout. dunno if you want to go die to sandpeople though
>>
>>17207463
Can you join the army at 26?

>dunno if you want to go die to sandpeople though

It'll like suicide by cop, except I'll get medals and shit after I die.
>>
>>17207463
It might, but it depends on how far on the lazy continuum you are. You might just end up showing yourself to be a shit bag and getting kicked out.

>>17207903
>Can you join the army at 26?
Yes, you can
>>
>>17205763
He was occasionally funny though.
>>
>>17205579
do you mean you got a security license or a driver's license? i'm interested in getting a security job, and in my state it says there is no certification for unarmed security, you can just do it.

also, what was the application process like for securitas and will they hire a manlet? :) i'm former military and in ok physical shape, but small.

any info you wanna share would be very, very appreciated, in general. if anyone else want to chime in, i'm all ears as well

>>17207463
i was in the army for 6 years.

if you're going to enlist, firstly, enlist in either the air force or navy. their training, quarters, and pay are better.

the biggest thing is, get a job with computers. i'll repeat it for emphasis: get a job with computers. if your recruiter tries to convince you of something else, make sure it's non-combat and that you will be able to get a job doing it civilian side. but... get something in computers. i have a few buddies who all got it jobs immediately after getting out, meanwhile i can't get a job anywhere because i didn't learn a skill.

i think the military was good for me. it taught me to live independently and got me in good shape. i just wish i hadn't chosen a combat mos. if you pick a job that you can benefit from post-military, it's a great decision.
>>
i need a job or i will be homeless in a month

i already have a cv. do i just send it to places i find in craigslist and that's it?
>>
>>17206322
where did you find at-home data entry that was actually legit
>>
>>17206322

so you're a faggot?
>>
>>17208985

Please help me
>>
>>17209009
join the airforce in a non-combat MOS.

alternatively, get a part time job doing whatever's available and within your means, and save up some money to take a cert. course of some type or go to school.
>>
>>17208836
yes completely, but me some steam games and il do what you want on cam

>>17208786
I didnt, i just googled and it looked legit enough, transcript typist jobs yanno

>>17207188
I dont care about nudes being around, i just looked at data entry stuff but im not sure if its a scam, I literally just want to make a bit of money
>>
I'm a mentally and physically disabled NEET atm. I'm doing what I can about it, but since the accident that caused me severe head trauma resulting in neuro damage and my whole physical disabilities that basically make me a potato that can perform very mild functions throughout a 4 possibly 6 hour the day then sleep or lay down from pain or other health issues. Where do I even begin healing? I can't work, can hardly function, between the meds an the damage I a social mess. I'm 30 if that helps
>>
>>17205514
What are some easy first jobs for a NEET?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453589704878.jpg (23 KB, 669x389) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453589704878.jpg
23 KB, 669x389
>>17205753
See >>17205763
For all your trucking needs head over to
>>
>>17209442
Wrapping that post up:
>>>/o/15138083

About half the tripfags there are ex NEET/hikki.

>>17207971
Well aren't you sweet as pie.
>>
Is it too soon to quit one job and start another after a month?
>>
>>17209542
It's fine as long as you get the next job.

>>17209442
There's something real insideous about tripfags.
>>
Just some friendly /adv/ice to all those non neets out there:
>you cannot kill that which has no life
>to be a true neet you must first have had a employment/education/training
>once in neetdom you must forsake all social desires and aspirations
>society is a collection of people who think they know what is best for your life, and whilst some are trained to guide you, most of them don't even know where they are going themselves
>>
>>17209549
Anything seems insidious if you want it to be.
>>
>>17209414
manual labor. if you have any friends or relatives that work in construction of any kind, talk to them, have them reach out to ppl they know in the biz etc. all kinds of construction companies are always looking for guys to just carry shit around, sweep, and deal with trash and stuff. they will love you if youre not an alcoholic neanderthal too, as most ppl who do it are just that. look on craigslist if you dont even indirectly know someone who does some kind of construction. search 'general labor'

a lot of contractors or business owners will prob want to pay you cash under the table, which can be good and bad depending on how you feel about it. when i was doing it a couple years ago, i made 100 bucks cash a day for 6-8 hours of work. if we ever worked longer than expected hed throw me some extra money, thats the norm.
>>
>>17209414
Follow >>17211360

Also, Walmart I guess. Canadafag here so I'm not going to speak about US Walmart's and them stories.. But it's good here in Canada, try to get an overnight stocker shift. Can be annoying but you'll have less people to deal with.

>>17209346
Collect disability, learn yourself some shit from internet, get lonely? come to 4chan use meds while healing, getting stronger and smarter each day.
>>
File: guys.png (128 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
guys.png
128 KB, 1366x768
Hey new here

Is it possible to develop social skills online? If so what sites would you guys recomend?

Also what's this?
>>
>>17211378
I work at Walmart in the US. It pays well for retail ($10/h). I'm second shift though, unloading trucks and stocking. Also, I do surprisingly well with customers and coworkers despite my social anxiety.
>>
I'm a NEET but I'm starting my PhD program in a few months, where I will be paid about $2600 a month. How do I prevent myself from being NEET again if I drop out or when I finish?
>>
I'm ex-NEET/ex-hikikomori. I've got a job at a school that I work at for four hours a day during weekdays and a job tutoring for two hours a week. Over the summer I'll be working at a summer camp and the hours are going to go up dramatically. I'll be working seven hours a day excluding weekends, plus the tutoring. The thing is I'm already struggling to keep everything balanced in my life with a part time job. Before getting a job I started to work on improving myself. I would take daily walks, kept up with laundry, took good care of my cat and even tried doing a couple of my hobbies. I love my job a lot and don't plan to quit. But I'm worn ragged and lagging behind on everything I need to do, and when I come home/before I leave all I ever want to do is go on the computer not take part in my other hobbies or deal with my responsibilities.

I need advice on how to balance my life better, especially with this summer job coming up.
>>
I've applied online to over a dozen places to make money while I'm in college and none of them have responded. what do?
>>
>>17211729
Keep applying until someone gets back to you. Revise your resume or consider what you've been writing on applications. Are you presenting yourself in the best possible light?
>>
>>17211737
I think it's the references that are screwing me. I don't want to put my old boss on it because I feel like it would be weird. I usually just leave them blank or put relatives on it.

Do they actually check references for shitty jobs like Walmart cashier?
>>
>>17207200
Same here, normie in all aspects except for having friends. Though it could be helpful to know that a lot of people have stopped being NEET with enough effort, it can be discouraging to be a NEET if you feel your situation can never change.

Have these threads been helping you guys?
>>
>>17211748
That's a mandatory field on most applications. They want to at the very least have non-family personal life references to prove you're not going to be stealing from them, or that you're a decent person who will get along with their staff if you can't get work references or won't put them down.

I don't know how thoroughly they'd check it for somewhere like Walmart but if they see a blank on it they're going to definitely trash your resume because it looks like you have something to hide or have absolutely no one to vouch for you.
>>
>>17211748
>Do they actually check references for shitty jobs like Walmart cashier?

Not at my place.
>>
Walking around at night right now cos there's less yuppies and hipsters.

Suicide is a sin why? Cos I can't take much more this wageslave empty existence much longer. 26 years of fucking nothing.
>>
>>17212802
Still on the bright side, I might beaten or stabbed at this time of night.
>>
Alright guys I fully recognize I have a problem but I'd like some input as to how to deal with it.

I'm not comfortable at where I am in my life (19 y/o NEET) so I spend a lot of my day thinking and dreaming about what would make it better. Getting a good physique, joining the military and going to school. The specifics aren't really important.

The problem is that while I have GREAT goals, I just can't get up and work towards them. I sit on my ass all day waiting for it to spontaneously happen.

I think recognizing that I have this problem is a good first step but I just can't get off my ass yet. HOW, please, how can I motivate myself?
>>
>>17212859
Break your goals down into small, manageable goals. If going outside for a walk is too much, then focus on getting ready to go outside. If getting dressed is too much then focus on deodorant or whatever else you do before you get dressed. If that's too much then focus on getting the deodorant or other necessities from wherever you keep it. If that's still too much, just focus on standing up. Once you complete one step go on to the next. Once you start doing something it's easier to keep going. Make sure your goals are balanced too. Not all work, not all play. Give yourself a good enough mix that you don't get worn out from something.
>>
>>17211719
Your advisor can help you line up a job. They'll have connections, and will no doubt be happy to introduce you to people in industry working on things related to your research.
>>
Im an immigrant and cant find a job without killing myself in construction or other laborous jobs full of degenerates. I dont want to illegally get crooked papers because i aint no fucking criminal. I just want to work pay some bills save up, get a car, buy my own shit, finally get laid( this is easy but no girl likes losers without cars or jobs) and i most important of all stop being a parasite to my family. I hate myself so much for not working and eating THEIR food.
>>
>>17213602
My advice to you is to apply for housekeeping jobs at any local hotels/motels and consider a dish-washing position in a restaurant. Also look at your local hospital for kitchen positions (service aide, janitor, etc.). Those tend to have high turnover and so long you can show up on time, you can handle it.
>>
>>17205514
dude, like, that paste bin is fucking useful, Thanks!
>>
>>17213862
It's a collection of links that were collected over 2.5 years, this thread is trying to resurrect a general that has been missing on this board for the past 6 months.
>>
File: 1431553868334.jpg (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431553868334.jpg
150 KB, 500x500
Whoever put up this thread is a godsend. I'm currently working on resume too. Any advice for anon with almost no experience?
>>
>>17212802
You should come to the nightwalk threads on /r9k/
>>
>>17205514

It's nice to see one of these threads again although it's bittersweet in a way. OP, you should remove the welcome/not-welcome section, it's pointless for one and two it creates tension where it's not needed. Also, you should add a subject to the thread so it's easier to find in the catalog.

>>17213952

If your resume is light don't try to fake it too much, a good manager can pick out bullshitters so don't bank on trying to outsmart them. The positions you are going to be applying to are entry level so your potential employers will be expecting light resumes. If you did well in school put your GPA down. A high GPA shows you're able to focus and get work done and take direction from someone.

I'm not a fan of social media but if you want the job you should start a LinkedIn account and add a picture if you have a good profile picture for yourself. Make sure you google yourself and clean up anything that could possibly put you in a bad light. All managers google the people they're interviewing so do not shoot yourself in the foot by having your seedy private 4chan life easily found. For the rest of it put your skills that are applicable to the position and even ones that might only be somewhat or partially applicable. Also, describe your personality and what you will bring to the position with all the adjectives they want to hear.

That should be enough to get your foot into the door at most places but you will have to perform at the interview. The interview is more or less a popularity contest followed by a skills examination depending on the position. Your resume won't be as important as how you conduct yourself in the interview. Even the best resume will not make up for a poor interview. Your personality, body language, confidence, what you're wearing, the steadiness of your voice, how you handle/answer questions and eye contact will all be determining factors.

I interview people regularly so I'm speaking from experience. I hope this helps.
>>
I'm a 23 year old NEET is it to late to fix me?
>>
>>17214097
No. I was 25 before I ever got my driver's license and first job.
>>
>>17214105
Good. I finally started mowing the lawn for the first time this year plus I'm cooking 3 times per weeks. Is this a good first step? I'm also taking art lessons, but it's for fun. I don't think going to the gym and art lessons are the same thing as getting a job right?
>>
>>17214087
Thanks a bunch. I'm very good at socialising I just hate talking to people though. I slap on a face that makes me look approachable like a smile and slightly surprised. It's actually very simple for me.

I went to school for 2 years and dropped out I thought I'd make it too but I slowly just started to become more of a shut-in/depressed. My grades arent too terrible. Think I had like a 1.8 or 2 flat.

You guys are giving me hope again and so are my small group of friends. Literally tearing up.
>>
>>17214120
At least gym and art will help when interviewers ask what you like to do in your free time.
>>
>>17214136

Did you drop out of high school? If you did you should focus on getting your GED before seeking employment. If you dropped out of college or university, that sucks, but it's not as bad. It might come up in the interview as to why you dropped out. If you have to bullshit past this question then do it. The end goal is getting the job but only bullshit it if you can pull it off and make it convincing.

I would advise against putting a GPA that's under 3.0. You might also want to look into taking classes again to try to show that you're still trying to improve yourself and give yourself a chance to put a high GPA down. You sound like you're ready to recover and have some determination. I have faith you can pull it off anon.
>>
How do I make friends while being a NEET? This seems really hard.
>>
>>17205514
But it's my parents fault because they y didn't ask me if I wanted to be born and also there is no free will and I ruined my life at age 4 when I picked vanilla instead of chocate
>>
>>17214199
you probably wont. becoming friends with people is an organic thing that happens gradually via either your job/education or your extraverted hobbies which i assume you do not have.

id say take one step at a time, get your life on track and then worry about friends from their.

this is also why the typical "normie" advice such as "just go to s bar and talk to people" does not work, you cant force it. its hard to explain because you dont declare "we are friends now" or anything, you either click with someone or you dont.
>>
File: IMG_20160603_020832223.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160603_020832223.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>17205514
Marvel at my amazing accomplishment in the previous week
I drew Steven universe, that's all
>>
>>17214212
What advice would you give me? Most of the pastebin has advice for Jobs. I don't want to get a job right now because I'm on advanced SSI / deceased benefits. If I worked at walmart or subway, a job like that, I would be making way less and I couldn't afford the rent per month with my family.

I want to go to college again and I plan on finishing my calculus book on my first before I go back to college, this way I can prove to my mom I'm determined about it this time.
>>
>>17214179
College and it was mostly because I had extreme anxiety/depression . Kinda just hid myself away for a few months in my dorm room. As soon as that started my grades dropped drastically. I was like a year behind on my major too because of things that happened the previous year. I gradually broke down and here I am. A 20 year old good for nothing basically.

For now I'm just trying to fix myself so things don't get worse . 2 years ago when I graduated for HS I planned on going to a trade school first and getting certifications but I was forced into going to college. I thought screw maybe I can get over my problems if I go and I clearly just reverted back. I want to try my previous plan and I believe higher education can wait until I'm a little more stable.
>>
>>17214234

It's perfectly fine to experience the world first before going back or finishing college. I regret not doing that myself because when I went to college I didn't have a clue about how this world worked at all and ended up picking a useless major and wasting four years of my life on a major that only served a purpose as to show that I got my bachelor's degree.

Twenty years old is super young, sp don't start panicking about time passing or anything. I think holding a job down will do a lot towards helping your anxiety at least. It should give you confidence as long as the work isn't too soul crushing.

Was your depression caused by external factors or is it something that just built up internally over time?
>>
>>17212897
Not the anon you're talking to, but I really needed this advice, thank you.
>>
>>17214232

If you desperately need social interaction I think there are still a few hold outs left in the old IRC channel from the old general. I haven't been there myself in awhile but as long as you have a thick skin you might be able to make some friends.

http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

That being said, you shouldn't get too locked into the internet. It's easy to get addicted and to get too comfortable with online friendships. Online friends will never replace true friendship of someone you can meet and see in real life. It's also easier for people you meet online to hide their imperfections (and even mental illnesses) since text based communication only shows you a small, heavily produced version of the person you're communicating with.

I think the best advice I can give you and the other people here is to limit the amount of time you spend uselessly browsing the net and social media and playing games. Try to spend more time on self-improvement and building up your real life persona instead of your internet one.
>>
>>17214256
Both I think plus my inability to get over them even with how hard I was trying. I guess the only way would be to seek professional help.
>>
>>17214280

Counseling helps... if you can find the right person. Unfortunately the good ones don't accept insurance and usually charge a fair amount for an hour session. If you can afford it would recommend giving it a try. Make sure you research the counselor/therapist you choose to see if they specialize in the areas where you need support.
>>
>>17214287
When I was back in high school when I assumed I was at my worst I joined some extra curricular activities. This was to give me something to do after school instead of just playing games + excersize. Socialising wasn't really a problem for me it was more like staying interested and not feeling like I was alienated again.

I can't really pinpoint it but I know what's caused it.
>>
>>17214232
>I want to go to college again and I plan on finishing my calculus book on my first before I go back to college

its a slippery slope anon. be careful or you might never go back. if you wanted to really show your mom how determined you are you would stop using your book as an excuse and look for colleges now. today.
>>
What are your top results from Sokanu?
>>
Have you guys ever tried using canned sparkling water like san pellegrino to imitate soda cans to quit drinking soda?

I drink way too much soda for my own good and I'm trying to quit. I think I drink it because I just sit at my computer all day and it's easy to get.
>>
>failed multiple job training programs in my late teens
>Doctor tries putting me on autismbux and tries pushing job therapy on me
>Yeah nah fuck you im not a welfare queen degenerate
>Eventually get job working weekends. It's hot, messy, wet, physical work
>I work 10-20 hours a week maximum
>I know if worked anymore I'd crash and burn, 20 is heavily pushing it
>Want to do normal person things like move out, get a car, get girlfriend. Can't really do this on grossing $360-420 a month.
I'm stuck in this place between NEETdom and being a normal functioning worker.

What the fuck is this and how do I get out?
>>
>>17214496
Help.

Pls
>>
>>17214496
find a study that you find interesting, go to university, do well, and find a career is in your study.

i would personally rather become a criminal, or kill myself than work a pointless labor job 5 times a wekk
>>
>>17214843
This but also note that university isn't the only option
>>
>>17214493
I have always been fat, whenever there is a family reunion my cousin eats 4 times as much as me and I always wandered why I'm fat and he isn't until I realized the truth
He only eats like shit and drinks soda when he is outside, actually when he is not paying for it but that's besides the point.
Try only having soda outside, no soda is allowed at your home and each time you go outside you only van have a small bottle
>>
>>17214493
There are liquid stevia drops that you can get on amazon that will make your sparkling water taste like a cola. You should try it out, one bottle lasts for a long time and only costs a few dollars.
>>
>>17205610
Help is not coming. You need to take control.
>>
>>17214843
I did quite terrible in highschool, and barely graduated with a 2.2 GPA busting my ass and a lot of credit recovery for failed classes. I think it'd be best not to waste my finances with college because I don't think I'd do very well at all.

Funny thing is, I'd make more money and get insurance on disability, but I really don't want to ever do that, because welfare should be for those with heavy debilitating issues.
>>
>>17215311
Oops, didn't even think.

My goal in life is to be self sufficient. Basically live on my own, work full time, and be a functioning member of society, pretty much. For many people this happens by 18 (like most in my family and I am constantly given shit for not moving out) or sometimes later, but I feel my progress isn't good enough, and I'd fucking hate to live at home until I'm 23/25.
>>
>work for father 2 or 3 days a week off the books
>leave the house only to do drugs
>recovering from dysthimia and yet-to-be-diagnosed personality disorder (antisocial/borderline/schizotypal, theyre figuring it out)
Where do i go from here? I really can't see myself being hired by anyone, noone wants a crazy that sat on their ass for years, on paper.
I really like music and making it, and im starting a band (again) but i need something solid, yknow.
>>
>>17215325
Play a bunch of shitty bars and ask them if they are looking for a bartender or something. Bars don't give a shit about your work history
>>
>>17211726
>>17211726
How's your physical shape/conditioning? If you don't already, some light cardio like jogging can really improve your energy levels. Meditation also helps to conserve and manage said energy by training your focus, and keeping your emotions from being energetically greedy. As far as organization goes, if you're someone who's prone to being scatterbrained and getting overwhelmed, use lists. I have a large dry-erase board in my room on which I make a loose itinerary at the beginning of each week of the things I need to do. Having some coordinates for the day to keep me on track helps quite a bit. Good luck!
>>
File: 1448484160862.jpg (81 KB, 803x617) Image search: [Google]
1448484160862.jpg
81 KB, 803x617
Just finished up my resume. Feeling a bit productive too. Thanks anons.

I'm the anon from last night btw. Is it sad it took me so long?
>>
>>17216078
do you mean it took you all night or all the neet time?
it doesnt matter anyways, whats done its done. There have been people all over history that recovered from impossible situations, not saying everyone recovers from anything but they would have never done it focusing in the past and not moving on
>>
>>17214033
>You should come to the nightwalk threads on /r9k/

Sounds sorta interesting.
>>
>>17216137
Yeah the NEET time. I'm just glad I got it done hoping I got better chances with it. Wish me luck boys.
>>
>tfw used to be NEET
>years and years of being NEET
>randomly motivated
>start working out
>dieting
>got a job
>now i just live a normal life and bitch about how I don't get as much time to myself as I need

If only I was rich, I'd live like a fucking loser.
>>
>>17216169
At least now you don't feel like a parasite right? Need the feeling to go away while I work on myself.
>>
>>17205514
What game is this from?
>>
>>17216206
Looks like pocket monsters
>>
>>17216169
most rich people work harder that you could possibly imagine
>>
>>17216206
That has to be one of the worst pieces of bait I've ever seen.

>>17216169
Did you have a social life before attaining normaldom? Did you have friends?

I personally think the key to getting out of the NEET/Shut-in ditch is having (good) friends. It's like the main stumbling block for us. Advice on this never goes beyond go outside.
>>
>>17216254
>most rich people work harder that you could possibly imagine

You seriously believe that?
>>
>>17216307
Nah, I made my first friend when I started at my first job.

I was a homeschool tier neet.
>>
File: 1462870156580.png (164 KB, 453x477) Image search: [Google]
1462870156580.png
164 KB, 453x477
>>17216311
If I didn't have my my friends backing me up if be underground right about now.

I have 6 friends who I grew up with all the way from middle school to high school. I consider them my best friends and if it weren't for them I would succumbed to crippling anxiety/depression. I recommend you get a job and actively talk with your coworkers or just get a hobby that involves you making human contact. Every bit helps I think.
>>
still lookong for advice for making money from home on the net or advice on cam whoring
>>
>>17216385
>>17216319
Meant to quote this guy.
>>
>>17216311
hahahabahabhahahaha
oh god how old are you?! thats one of the most retarded comments ive read in a long time
>>
>>17216406
You know what, forget it, I'm not going to derail the thread. You win rich people are our rightful masters and we should be thankful for the crumbs they throw us.
>>
>>17216385
I never really had friends growing up, so a lot of shit that people talk about and do seems opaque to me. And at 26 most people's social circles have already formed.
>>
>>17216506
Are you good at communicating with others?
>>
>>17216311
>neet who never lifted his hand fr anyone talking shit about people with so much power and responsability he couldnt possibly comprehend it
Im talking about most rich people, meaning lawyers, meaning doctors, meaning stem. I not talking about sspoiled brats on twitter
>>
>>17216510
I get by, mostly just a few stock lines, (even fewer with attractive girls). Like I don't have any experience in anything, I don't drink or do drugs or go anywhere or do anything besides telly and vidya. I look bland as hell, people around me have little pieces of flair I guess you could call it, piercings, tattoos, highlights etc.
>>
File: 1463940729829.png (118 KB, 330x324) Image search: [Google]
1463940729829.png
118 KB, 330x324
>>17216745
You're like a clone of me except white I assume. Practice in front of a mirror and try to make yourself look approachable.

After that try to practice some lines while keeping that face on. Make sure the conversation is steady and doesn't feel like an interview or it'll be awkward.

What I used to do was talk with a teacher or some authority figure because they react well to lines of questions. Then just respond as naturally as you can to what they say or add stories(everyone likes a good story).

I had a lot of practice with this since I started in middle school up to now. College dropout form.
>>
How do I be comfortable with myself? Every day I find myself full of anxiety.
>>
Don't be afraid to look into skilled trade jobs.
Many of them pay modestly to rather well and even allow you to start your own business eventually.
If you want to stop feeling like a leech on society being a skilled worker really gives you a sense of contribution and pride for the money you earn.
If you can be punctual and hard working that is 80 percent of the job.
Don't look for an apprenticeship straight out. Look to start as a helper. You will begin as a helper/gopher and organically you will pick up the trade and become an apprentice and then a journey man. You will gain a skill set that will always be in demand and a skill that can earn you money in any city. You will become valuable.
>>
>>17217081
>try to make yourself look approachable.

I don't think I'm that unapproachable persay, though I do tend to look down a lot, it's more I have nothing to say, no experiences to draw from.
>>
>>17218513
Cont.

Speaking of teachers, I kind of realised that I only thrive in structured environments. I took this shitty 1 week course, where inside it I was able to sort of lead it but outside, during breaks, I was invisible.

>I had a lot of practice with this since I started in middle school up to now.

I kept myself to myself after secondary school, though I met people at college (high school) but I was too withdrawn and socially retarded to make anything of it.
>>
>>17218562
I feel you man. It all takes effort and just coming here means you're trying. Don't second guess yourself and continue.

I myself just got an interview with a resume I made when I came to this thread like the day before yesterday. I'm genuinely appreciative of that guy that bothered posting to me to try.

I'm not even nervous either which I find super strange.
>>
>>17205514
I was a NEET for years before getting my job as a PC repairman at Best Buy. Now I make $15/hr which is more than I ever thought I could. I can provide tips and advice if wanted.

Also, why are we filtering Truckerfag? I haven't been on 4chan in a while but last I heard he was pretty helpful.
>>
File: image.png (101 KB, 500x601) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101 KB, 500x601
>>17218904
I applied for 2 positions like that at Best Buy but I guess I'm unqualified since 5 minutes after they said I was No longer being considered. I assumed it was like over capacity or something. I don't know.

My question is what was your history and did you get certified/hit all requirements?
>>
>>17218942
I have a college degree in Computer Information Systems, no certs. After graduating I literally lived in my parents' basement for three years with no job, and by the time I started applying most places didn't want someone with three years of unemployment.

I worked as a librarian's assistant when I was in college, so that ticked off the "customer service" box. Tbh I'd love to be a real librarian.
>>
>>17218954
Ahh I just recently dropped out 2 years in. I do plan on going back but when I'm a bit more level headed.

I have no prior work history so I guess that's what did it.
>>
>>17218890
>I feel you man. It all takes effort and just coming here means you're trying. Don't second guess yourself and continue.

I come here to vent to be quite honest.

I got a job, a wageslave one to be exact earning just under £8 an hour. I often wonder if it's worth getting out of bed for it. I mean, I have a fucking mathematics degree that's been gathering dust 5 years now.

Honestly, if I had people things would be a lot easier.
>>
>>17216254
top kek
>>
>>17219030
>im euphoric not because puny capitalism but because i broke free from material needs by the teachings of karl marx
>*tips fedora*
>>
>>17216311
Coming from a rich family, it's true.
>>
File: bubby.jpg (29 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bubby.jpg
29 KB, 320x240
I'm going into my Senior year at college.

I've applied at most places I can think of, short of McDonald's.
>Grocery chains
>Walmart
>Target
>University
>Craigslist ads
>Indeed Ads

I'm not getting any bites. Help?
>>
>>17219161
Did you visit your college's career services? I know that some colleges suck but if you at least try, it will probably be better than if you didn't.
>>
File: 1432415439256.jpg (423 KB, 2126x1390) Image search: [Google]
1432415439256.jpg
423 KB, 2126x1390
>>17219182
Well, I'm not looking for a career just yet, I do, however, need some part-time work to keep myself afloat.
>>
>>17205514
I have a job, in fact three jobs.
I am 30 years old.
I go to university, still struggeling to get my Bachelor's degree and am sure to get it someday.
I have beliefs an opinions. I care about things and people.
I consider myself to be an schizoneet, because I ain't a true neet but still sometimes, for example in my holidays, I enjoy just not caring for some days.
And so on, things are not so bad.

I had to move to my parents house recently because my landlord wants to sell the house and did not extend the lease agreement. Now I'm here for some time, till I found a new place to stay.

My father just executed one of his speeches. I should have a plan what I do with my life, I should earn more money, I should cut my hair, I should not be such a loser, Mum cries over me at night, I was a liar and a would run away from life challenges, and so on I can't even remember anymore. It was just too much.

And now, I'm 30, sitting here and just feeling ultraterrible. Just right now, there is no meaning to anything and nothing even matters to me. I had no chance and see no point in discussion because it is the same situation as it was when I was 16. If I was not so sane, I would not hesitate to kill myself now. It's not that the guilt and regret for hurting the ones who love me by my suicide was more intense than the guilt and regret I am feeling now. I know, my father is not right. But what I really do would never convince him as it never did earlier in my life. And now I keep things to myself.

I can't help but love my parents and family and I want to keep it that way. But I'm feeling so so bad for having to hear my father speak to me that way. Oh god, I can't even keep it together, can't even write about properly and all. I'm just feeling terrible, so bad and lonely. And meaningless, without purpose. When I force myself to get up and got to work on monday, I will die a little inside again.
>>
>>17216431
oh um sorry anon i was meant to quote the person you were quoting but i goofed
>>
it's interesting you're here giving advice about staying off the internet, when you're here in a forum within the darkest bowels of the internet....might want to rethink your strategy.
>>
>>17214273
I find it funny you're here on the internet giving advice about working on your real life relationships to people who obviously have none and probably don't know how to make them. i think you should rethink your strategy a bit.....
>>
>>17214087
all of this is helpful advice...too bad it's wasted on a place where everything is transient and taken with a grain of salt since we are on 4chan. you should start a blog or something instead of wasting your life posting in here...that's my advice. oh and since you are obviuosly a manager maybe you should not be on a seedy site like 4chan
>>
>>17219306
tell your parents you're tired of them putting you down, and it's not helping you. tell them that you are feeling depressed and maybe go see a life coach or something. stop feelings sorry for yourself also, there are people with no parents to cry over them and no job and no school. if you have a mental illness, go and get treatment for it and stop wining on the internet.
>>
File: 1464920830187-tg.jpg (110 KB, 565x960) Image search: [Google]
1464920830187-tg.jpg
110 KB, 565x960
>>17220267
Today I learned that websites with geographical, lateral locations exist in a metaphorical cave. This cave has depth, and a website that gets millions of viewers on a regular basis, is somehow deeper than the other websites.
>>
>>17220276
>when you're here in a forum within the darkest bowels of the internet

You're giving 4chan a tiny bit too much credit here.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.