[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get over hating themselves? I've been tense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1459070050641.jpg (57 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1459070050641.jpg
57 KB, 720x960
How does one get over hating themselves? I've been tense my whole life. Since I was a little kid I've hated myself deep down. How do I feel okay?
>>
Your brain gets better when you get a little older bud. Just try to stick it out for now. Do nice things for people. Try to be a stoic. Be generous. You'll grow up right. People who "love themselves" are not going to better themselves. You will. Be proud of that fact. When you get a little older though you'll start to feel more confident and less hateful. But you should always be hard on yourself in order to better yourself. Be tough. You're already ok.
>>
File: 1463226241855.jpg (90 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
1463226241855.jpg
90 KB, 716x960
I am 21 and this is interfering with my life.
I am just uncomfortable feeling anything in myself. Like I'm numb to emotional feeling and physical sensation as well. Except I'm physically tense.
>>
Smoke some weed and chill out. Go out with some friends for drinks. Or, more importantly, learn how to enjoy being with yourself. Read, study, or teach yourself something new.
>>
File: 1461996607461.jpg (112 KB, 750x696) Image search: [Google]
1461996607461.jpg
112 KB, 750x696
>>17205509
Haha thanks. I errday it. It's been helping a lot with me being comfortable with myself.
>>
>>17205468
Not OP but how long is that going to take? I'm already 30 and every year I actually hate myself more.
>>
>>17205641
What have you been doing to better yourself over the years?
>>
>>17205408
The trick is basically to stop being a perfectionist.
With that said I have no idea how to do that, I think of offing myself everyday because of how much I hate myself.
>>
>>17205655
Eating healthier, exercising, keep going to my therapist, keep taking the pills, trying to remain positive despite things not getting better at all. Those kind of things.
>>
I'm 26 and have hated myself for years... Will it get better?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.