[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
used to be a feminist shitlord, please forgive me daddies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Titian-New-Painting400x343.jpg (28 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
Titian-New-Painting400x343.jpg
28 KB, 343x400
Ye, so I used to actively identify as a feminist, and now deal with 4k cringe on a daily basis.

This phase of Hitler was mainly throughout my junior year of HS (now a freshman in college, see: actual life experience). I was depressed, suicidal and lonely as shit (inb4 "women don't feel loneliness"), and for some weird reason, I got sucked into really hardcore liberal tumblr-esque politics. I was never a downright shit person, I tried my best to be compassionate/reconcile being a feminist with somehow giving a shit about men's issues, but I just couldn't find a mediating ground. So I gave the shit up.

I'm just internally crying over all the people from my HS who to this day, are still probably lulzing at my stupid self. This issue can apply to general practise unrelated to feminism: how can you reconcile who you are today, with the person you used to be? Especially when the latter person was a shitlord deserving of death in a chemical fire?

PIC RELATED: It's Titian judging my dumb ass
>>
File: 1453379131659.jpg (29 KB, 550x379) Image search: [Google]
1453379131659.jpg
29 KB, 550x379
>>17205014
Nigga what do you need help with? Also tits or gtfo
>>
Are you a fucking idiot? We're all dickheads in school, you're not the centre of everyone's universe and you're fully entitled to change your mind whenever you want.

I MADE A SPELLING MISTAKE WHEN I WAS FOUR, HOW DO I GET OVER THE NEVER ENDING GUILT THAT HAUNTS ME- I BET EVERYONE ISN'T OUT THERE HAVING SEX BUT AT A MASSIVE MEETING ALL LAUGHING ABOUT HOW STUPID MY MISTAKE WAS!
>>
>>17205191
literally reconciling past cringey memories with who you are today, p much spelled it out in my original post you aspie
>>
>>17205014

Respect that your past self made the best decisions she could given her understanding of the facts/feelings/past baggage/wisdom at that time. Making mistakes is necessary for growth. In other words, try to feel compassion for your past self, she did the best she could with what she had. Godspeed
>>
>>17205281
Hey, thanks a lot. That really helped me, buddy. Hope you live a life of happiness and maymays.
>>
>now a freshman in college, see: actual life experience

loool
you live with it forever, next time dont get too deep into your 'identity', it never leads to something good
>>
>internally crying over all the people from my HS who to this day, are still probably lulzing at my stupid self.

As if people remember and/or care about what you did in HS. Everyone does stupid stuff, so don't let it get to you. Just continue learning from your mistakes, that's all.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (125 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
125 KB, 750x750
>>17205191
This is a Prosecutie thread. Please post Natalia Poklonskaya.

>>17205014
You probably have some deeper rooted issue if imaginary people having bad thoughts about your are causing you distress.
>>
>>17205014
I struggle with this still. My boyfriend, whom I started dating after high school, is still friends with a lot of people we went to high school with. And it is nerve-wracking to think that they probably still remember me being the weirdest fucking person of our high school.

I was a psycho problem child in high school that used to sneak vodka into my gatorade bottle, think I was tough shit, fought some girls, thought I was so punk. I used to frown all the time and give everyone a stank face and burn cigarettes into my arm. I used to like to piss other girls off by being cute with their boyfriends or guys they liked, just purely out of the constant need to feel like the baddest bitch in the room.

After that I crashed and burned when I got hooked on ecstasy in my senior year. And everyone likely remembers me as a psycho tweaker.

I was a terrible person with a severe demon population in my head.

I have chilled the hell out. And I'm actually doing really well for myself. I have a really good job and live on my own. My personality is the literal opposite of the manic mess I was in high school.

Over time, I just try to show the people I knew from high school how relaxed I am. I was just a fucking kid then. It feels like everyone still thinks they were not stupid kids in high school.
>>
>>17205014

>This issue can apply to general practise unrelated to feminism: how can you reconcile who you are today, with the person you used to be? Especially when the latter person was a shitlord deserving of death in a chemical fire?

Just stop obsessing over YOURSELF so much, god damn. Focus less on the past, and more on OTHER PEOPLE, right now, present day.

You'll find that people are endlessly forgiving when you're pleasant to be around and treating people well. It's only when you act like an asshole that they start remembering every little mistake you ever made.

Improve your behavior in the present, and others will forgive your past
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.