[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you stay friends with your best friend if they had been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160531_153237.jpg (335 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160531_153237.jpg
335 KB, 1600x1200
Would you stay friends with your best friend if they had been convicted of 1st degree murder? Like would you still talk to them on the phone or write them?

>the birthday card he mailed me today
>>
Yes I would, but you might not be like me. I think I have to be vague saying this, if I start comparing personalities I'll offend a bunch of people.
>>
dont have to. they stop talking to me eventually
>>
this is very tough to say because it just fully depends on what your best friend is like. He is evicted, but is he wrongfully evicted or is he guilty? Can you trust this friend after the eviction?

How much did you know about his ''activities'', did he lie to you or does he still pretend nothing happens? (so, does he show psychopatic/sociopathic behaviour or not?)

Furthermore, it might be good for your friend to have a friend on the outside. I reckon it will get very lonely in there and a safe harbour might keep your friend on his feet.
>>
>>17204853
He lied to police about it and I never asked him until after the trail and he told me he did do it. He defiantly did it, there's no question.

I trust him the same as before.

I had no clue until he was arrested. No one knew
>>
>>17204893
Thats sad man. Same thing happened to my friend. His good friend got convicted of statutory as a school teacher. I knew him too. He was a cool guy.
>>
You are all guilty of murdering the English language, holy shit guys. Like, murdered, carved up, and fed to it's mother as Sunday dinner hahaha

Seriously though? I couldn't stay friends with a convicted murderer that admitted his guilt to me. (Literally the only exception I could make was self defence or reasonable defence of another.)

I have always had problems keeping friends though, so I would say I am desensitised to the loss of friends. I could quite easily reject even the best of friends if they so seriously violated my moral and ethical standards.
>>
>>17204919
Defense is spelled with an S not a C, retard.
>>
>>17204893
>>17204853
>defiantly
>evicted
idiots.
>>
>>17204926
British English you mongoloid.
>>
thanks to everyone who commented on the English spelling and grammar.

Because that's what this thread is about.
>>
>>17204752
Of course I wouldn't abandon them. But this depends on how do you define best friend. Because there are people who have 999 "best friends".

The only reason to throw away real friends in this case is if the victim was somebody I know and even then it would be questionable.

But I would force them to tell me their reason and assure them that my value is higher when I am alive...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.