[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need adivce on how to get over wanting to be a stay at home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: images-6.jpg (25 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
25 KB, 384x384
I need adivce on how to get over wanting to be a stay at home mum and wife. I'm only 20 years old but I'm craving a family and I would honestly love being a stay at home mother with a husband, cooking and cleaning for him and taking the childs to dance practice.
I'm torn between wanting that and feeling that its being a total moocher, which is basically what it is.
How do I get over my desire for a family and wanting to be a stay at home mum.
>>
Some men want a woman like that, why not just go with it?
>>
Why do you need to "get over" it? If it's how you live and it's not hurting someone (i.e. it's someone who wants a relationship like that, which is pretty common among men), there's literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>17204106
Ive tried looking for them but have come up short. Noone that is interested in me could support a pregnant wife for 9 months let alone permanently
>>
>>17204096
Why not just doing it if it's what you want ?
>>
>moocher
>raising a family and taking care of the house
Choose 1.
Being a stay at home mom is unpopular, but it's your choice, find a man that wants the same and get going. If you don't mind an older man it's gonna be easier.
>>
>>17204111
Probably just because you're so young. You're gonna have to wait a while for men to get their shit together and get real jobs, because college takes a while. Maybe at 25 or something you can find a nice CSCI guy who'll already have a sick job and will also want love.
>>
Being an unemployed mother is horrible.

You'd get so bored.

Don't do it. It's not living your potential.
>>
>>17204123
She can work from home, or tend to her hobbies and maybe introduce her children to other things. Having 1 parent who can spend a lot of time with the children is extremely important.
>>
>>17204111

your 20 years old. Wait till later in life.
>>
>>17204108
>>17204117
>>17204116
I would prefer someone late twenties to early thirties. Been on dating websites for all that jazz and have just been fucked around.
I just really want a baby in my belly with a husband that loves me
>>
If you do this, you're literally ending the fun part of your life. Assuming you are actually enjoying the privilege of being that age. Once you have a kid and settle down with some dude that's it, that is now your life, a kid and a dude.
>>
>>17204123
I would be heavily involved in my children's school activities, bake sales, committees. All I really do at the moment is go to work and come home to watch movies. Cleaning the house would take 2 hours at least out of my day, baking snacks for when my husband is home, spending time with him and cooking dinner etc. I'm in childcare at the moment so I would spend most of my day playing and educating my child with games until they could go to preschool.
>>17204140
I go out on weekends with friends but I dont really enjoy it. Getting tipsy at a club only to come home to an empty house.
>>
>>17204096
>I'm torn between wanting that and feeling that its being a total moocher, which is basically what it is.
>How do I get over my desire for a family and wanting to be a stay at home mum.
By understanding that it doesn't have to be mooching. Homemakers (of either gender) can provide important logistical support for a household, taking taking care of tasks that otherwise tend to go undone, or which would require outside support to be brought in. This is different from a typical NEET, who provides no support at all for the household.

My advice to you is to either accept that this support role is not mooching, or decide deliberately that the support role is not, in fact, for you.
>>
The world doesn't really work like that any more. You are going to struggle because women entering the workplace has basically devalued work to the point where the vast majority of households need two full time incomes to make it work, especially at your age. Children are basically a life choice and you are expected to contribute towards 'your half' of it now and the average for having children has gone up.

I mean, very few guys at 20 are going to be pulling in enough money to support a family. Very few are going to want to at that age, if anything, ability to fuck bitches and make paper aside it'd seriously limit their long term career potential at an age when they might need to move all over the place in order to advance their pay enough to the point where they could actually give you what you want. You should be looking at older guys in established careers who know what they want or newly failed relationships with guys in their 30's where the whole 'dream' when south.

Also think of yourself and how changeable your whims might be. You are basically committing to something which might take 20 years to do correctly. That is as long as you've been alive. Think about how often people change their minds.

That said, I know two girls who did this. One with a guy she'd been with forever and who also wanted it. They are dirt poor and she is a terrible stereotype for being fat, white and trashy, but she is a good mother by the relative standards of where they live. The issue here is where they live, they cannot afford to live anywhere else and as such their 'idealised stay at home mother' image is a bit fucking messed up, enjoy the circle of poverty.

Another married a guy in his 50's earning a decent 6 figures and straight into everything she wanted to do. Fair enough, your guy is going to get old really quickly and maybe die leaving you a shit load of money for when you are in your mid 30's maybe at which point your life begins. Guys like this though can have baggage.
>>
>>17204145
If you're bored I recommend smoking weed with a past friend honestly haha. I'm just saying the age you are is supposed to be your prime, enjoy it. ENJOY IT BEFORE IT GOES AWAY.

>inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Welcome to my world OP. I'm a guy who's 29 and all my life I just wanted wife and kids. My ex cheated on me after 12 years and got pregnant and now is building her family with that dude while still texting me and telling me that she has no such connection with him like she had with me.

Funny thing is that I'm damn good looking and girls are turning their heads and complimentin me all the time but they're all cheap whores.

The question is- how to get a stay at home gf who wants kids and family life?
>>
>>17204168
she sounds like a real winner
>>
>>17204145
Spending two hours a day cleaning? Are you fucking serious? Committees? Bake sales Jesus Christ woman you can't live your life like that.

My mother just cooked for us, she spent her life in a studio she built and devoted her life to mastering pottery, she ended up creating the most beautiful things & was a pretty big deal in the scene. I will forever be amazed with her drive and I'm so proud of her.

That's what you're forgetting about. What are you going to do after your kids grow up and leave home? Are you just going to wither and die? What's the plan?
>>
>>17204150
I feel like I will have to decide the role isnt for me because I dont think I will find a partner that will want the same.
>>17204152
I wouldnt want someone my age, I said in another post that late 20s early 30s would be ideal. I wouldnt want someone 30 years older then me because I would want our child to have a father that can run along side them while learning to ride their bike. It might be unfair of me to say that.
>>17204162
I have no interest in drugs. I was on some heavy pain medication for an ankle injury and I hated then feeling.
>>
>>17204177
>I was on some heavy pain medication for an ankle injury and I hated then feeling.
>>17204145
>I go out on weekends
>Getting tipsy

>implying weed is closer to prescription opioids than it is to alcohol
>>
>>17204168
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it would be easier to find a girl to stay at home rather then a man willing to support a girl to stay at home.
>>17204176
I'm sure I would spend more time painting and such, I enjoy creating things.
By that time I hope my husband could retire and we go exploring counties in a camervan. Also looking after my grandchildren would be nice.
>>
>>17204190
Unless you are very lucky, your husband isn't going to retire with very much money if you've not been working and you plan on having children.
>>
>>17204188
You cherry-picked, I said I didnt enjoy getting tipsy at clubs either.
I tried weed when I was younger and I smoked the whole joint and felt nothing. I was probably doing it wrong though, but still I dont see the point in it.
I've also eaten a whole weed cake at an ex boyfriends house when we were together and nothing happened. >>17204197
A girl can dream. Maybe he will inherent from his parents
>>
I'm in my mid 30's and got divorced about 8 years ago. I've been with a girl for the last 6 years who had just finished university when we met, she was 21?

What do I bring to the relationship? A steady income. A house with a bit of land. A car. A bunch of practical skills.

What does she bring? She wants to work, but she basically plays at work. She wants to raise crops and garden, but she basically plays at that. She likes to watch TV and drink on the weekends. She wants to start a family sometime within the next 3 years, but I'm sceptical because while I see the value in having a stay at home parent and dislike the way the modern world has devalued this role, she isn't that motivated at the moment, she is very dependent upon me.

Like, my brain is wired up to do this shit. I'll work hard and come home and continue to work around the house, but it needs the support of an equal partner. She wanted a greenhouse for raising seedlings, I laid footings and built a glass house for her, she doesn't really use it.

We've both got strengths which could contribute to a decent family, I don't mind playing a typical masculine role, but she has to realise that she has to work, like properly work at it.

Like at the moment we are going through a weird phase because I'm creating to do lists for her and giving her orders of what I need doing. It feels old fashioned as fuck, but she seems to be thriving on it. It works as long as I hold up my end of the bargain, she has to respect and be impressed by my contribution equally in order to be motivated herself.
>>
>>17204204
A glass house sounds amazing. It would be lovely to be semiself-sufficient with vegetables.
I would like for my husband to come home and the only thing he has to do around there is fix a squeeky door or a loose window frame.
I went off on a tangent there, sorry.
>>
>>17204203
Some people don't feel anything the first time they smoke, trust me and try it again. Smoking weed is like my heaven and I forget about all problems in life and just chill out. As for what you were saying about the medication that was an opiate and is nothing like marijuana. I dont have experience with Any opiates but I believe heroin is one so yeahhh I dont think I would ever want to try one unless prescribed.
>>
>>17204203
Okay, if you enjoy getting tipsy you will certainly enjoy getting high. Getting drunk is so boring to me compared to getting high. Please take my advice and smoke again because for some people, they dont get high until the second time they smoke because of something to do with the way their body accepts something new or something idk. As for the medication I believe that's an opiate which is completely different and I myself would prefer weed over an opiate as they do completely different things. Everytime i smoke weed I just chill out, become extremely happy, and overall just enjoy life and forget all my problems.
>>
>>17204252
>>17204213
First one didn't post until I posted a second one so yeah...
Fuckin phones.
>>
>>17204252
I literally said that I dont enjoy getting tipsy... I have no interest in doing anymore drugs.
>>
>>17204265
Oh okay then.

Misread I guess, well that sucks.
>>
>>17204096
>taking the childs to dance practice
nice projection
>>
>>17204212
its called a GREENhouse
>>
>>17204096

This post makes me think that all the conspiracy talk about social marxism and destroying western values is actually true.

In short:
>You only have this life.
>It is 100% your responsibility to live life on your terms
>All your life you have been told to follow your dreams

There is no shame in wanting a traditional nurturing/caring family role, and I an thankful that my Mom took my early years off from working top stay at home. She did go back to work when I was in my early teens, but mostly out of boredom.

Also, I would like to examine the use of "moocher".
>diapers
>meals
>cleaning
>laundry
>carpool - school, ballet, karate, soccer, etc
>grocery store
>family calendar

Mooching my ass. Now, if you are a shitty Mom, then I guess you would feel that way, so it's up to you I guess.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.