[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEGAL ADVICE - can you be kicked out from apartment you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 254fgb4.png (464 KB, 721x1075) Image search: [Google]
254fgb4.png
464 KB, 721x1075
If you don't pay rent and none of your stuff is left in the renting house despite of some clothes and the contract expired and you refuse to move out, can somoone kick you out (naked)?

Wondering about this case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5gc0JVNFM

>This guy was kicked out naked from his apartment, his roommate sits there and laughs at him while the naked one is trying to get in. He didn't pay his rent for months and was not interested in solving this problem. He was sure noone can just kick him out. So the owner terminated the contract. As it expired and he refused to move out, guy's stuff were send to the location he gave at the rent contract and he was dragged out from the house from his bed. Apperently, he sleeps naked. He is being filmed via video intercom. And funny part is none of his stuff remained in this apartment, so there is no reason to open the door for him. Technically, he doesn't live there anymore so he is an intruder and should be arrested.
>>
>can you legally have a right to stay somewhere that doesn't belong to you and you're not providing any consideration for?
What a stupid question
>>
That depends on the laws of the country you're in. In most places, just locking someone out of the house naked is probably not ok.
>>
>>17203517
and what if he has no right to be there and he uses someone else's clothes and bed? Does that person have a right to say "give it back to me and get off my bed" and the owner has a right to say "leave my house" at the same time?

guess guy was a dick and had a bad luck
>>
>>17203525
ok so they're good here but recording and posting him online is not ok for sure
>>
>>17203514
not really stupid. They had right to kick him out in assistance of police, not on their own
>>
>>17203525
Whether or not he has a right to be there depends on the laws of the country you're in.
I think for sure you could be prosecuted in lots of places for something like assault or sexual assault if you force someone to go outside naked.
>>
>>17203717
it's probably a shithole in South America or South Europe where things like that are legal or at least accepted.
>>
>>17203511
Yes, and you can be arrested for trespassing, breaking and entering, and home invasion.
>>
>>17203740
what about him being naked? That's degrading
>>
>>17203740
If he was in the house then locked out, that's not breaking and entering or home invasion. If he had the right to be there as a tenant, in many places the landlord can't kick him out without going through lengthy legal action, even if he hasn't paid the rent, so it's not trespassing either.
>>
>>17203790
he'd been living there for months illegally, cause he signed the papers and then decided not to move out, he was using his roommate stuff, bed and clothes. But his roommate wanted him gone aswell. Why would anyone would let him live there?
>>
>>17203799
Whether or not they "want" him to live there is irrelevant to whether or not he had the legal right to be there, which again, depends on the country's laws and not just on the landlord terminating his contract.
>>
>>17203800
that's some shitty law then, if someone cannot decide about his property. What right does he have to be there? He signed the papers he's moving out, then he didn't. Even his stuff were sent away. I had a stranger in my house and I cannot kick him out? I don't get it.
>>
>>17203802
I don't make the laws and I don't think they generally make sense either. It doesn't matter. You can still be sent to jail for breaking a law, even if that law is flagrantly retarded.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.