[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: LDR advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: long-distance-relationship.jpg (60 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
long-distance-relationship.jpg
60 KB, 500x378
I've been dating this girl for 2 years now, and she's about to leave for a bigger city, which is like 7 hours from here by train. Even though my life is here at the moment, I'm considering moving there in 2-3 years. As of right now, we really love each other and I support her choice as it's the best for her carreer.

Obviously, we plan on having a long distance relationship but that's something neither of us did before.

How do I make it work? Is it even feasible? I really care about this relationship and am pretty scared.

Please do share your experiences in the matter.
>>
Long distance relationships suck dick. I was in one for two years. The distance, inability to touch each other, frustrations etc. make it very difficult.
>>
>>17203471
But it makes cheating easier.
>>
>>17203471
This guy is totally right. Take it from a guy who survived and came out rosy (we are still together even now) the distance is like daily kick in the boys.

You have to be more than committed (like willing to marry her level of commitment) and she has to feel the same way, and you have to put in constant work. It isn't easy.

If you think you can handle it I could give you survival tips.
>>
>>17203655
Please do, we're ready to try our best.
>>
>>17203786
Sorry for the wait, long day. Chat every day (set a time if you have to.) Exchange teddy bears (or something similar) as it helps a lot to hug anything when you are having a rough time, and it gives a feeling of closeness since you got them for each other. Do your absolute best to express yourselves (for example I sent emails and wrote poetry.)

And above all, you need to be absolutely transparent. Avoid even white lies as much as possible so you can keep the levels of trust as high as possible. Without trust it will disintegrate, I can promise you that.

Good luck and be patient. It honestly takes near saint like restraint, patience and honesty, as well as utter commitment, and it has to be mutual. If either of you isn't commited, it is liable to fail bigtime.
>>
>>17203463
Break up with her. Stay in contact without a commitment. If you're both interested in each other by the time you're ready to move, ride into the town on horseback with your thundercock, which outmatches the stallions by a yard, swinging in the wind. Charge to her doorstep and demand she come out and prostrate herself before your rod of masterfulness.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.