[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can people with no doctor education give good health advice to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Can people with no doctor education give good health advice to relatives?

I am interested in medicine, but I don't want to be a doctor. Can I study biology, read books on illnesses and tell better than a shit therapist?
(In my country you can get Fs in med school and still work)
>>
Doctors forget what they learn. They are good because they have experience with patients every day.
>>
>>17203442
>Can people with no doctor education give good health advice to relatives?

Definitely not.
>>
>>17203449
I understand I won't have experience and be nowhere to real doctor.
It's just that i live in shit small town, where you can buy doctor's degree for hilarious money.
Like retarded people, who got Fs in a shit uni on literally all subjects and know nothing.
They get kicked out of jobs where people can die, so they're mostly therapists or dermatologists. Most good doctors move to central cities and so we get health-dangerous doctors, who simply move from clinic to clinic. They get sued, pay and it gets forgotten.
Curing illnesses is all about experiences, yes, knowing what is the most common ones in the area, so it can be a routine. I don't want a routine life with people, I think I'll get into theoretical side of medicine. So will it be any help? Literally any.
Or should I get pharmacy as a second degree.
>>
>>17203453
Even if you studied physiology, pharmacology and dissected bodies.
With books on said illness?
>>
My town is so shit you play russian roulette when giving birth/being operated, because you can contract hepatitis C for blood transfusion even if the surgeons didn't mess up.
It doesn't even matter on how expensive the clinic is.

Therapists are even worse, because they don't get sued much and can tell useless shit all day.

My uncle knew his classmate who studied horrible in a medschool (really not prestigious one), always failed exams and now she works.
>>
>>17203477
If you think its that easy just get a degree, the most important thing by far is the experience you get, all the books are avaliable online or in the library of the medschool, its really not a degree where the knowledge you get is mostly state of the art stuff, most books are old as fuck, except in areas where inovation happens often. You can read all you want and get all the knowledge you want but you wont be able to diagnose shit if you dont do it with real patients with an actual doctor by your side telling you when you fuck up.
>>
>>17203805
Alright, thanks.
And how do pharmacists at shop recommend you stuff?
Is a degree in pharmacy good to learn theory of medicine and understand which pill is totally useless?
>>
>>17203812
I actually have a close friend that is a pharmacist, its fairly knowledge based but the job is very ungrateful, she gets threatned at least once a weak by people who want meds and dont have prescriptions(mainly old people who are addicted to sleeping pills and xanax-like stuff), and she is basicaly a supermarket cashier in terms of actual job, except she went to college for it. Unless you intend to do research or be a glorified cashier its a shitty way to go, and dont get me started on research, from what I understood you live in a shitty country so I assume that is either off the table or of very bad quality
>>
>>17203817
It's the town that's shitty, in the capital there are cool doctors and research going.
Yeah, I'd like research, I am pursuing physics now, though. We have some mathematical pharmacy lab though. Would it be nice to have a phatmacy degree as second or is it a waste of time?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.