[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noodz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_8062-images(2)-455164104.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8062-images(2)-455164104.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Can anyone explain the various possibilities of nudes getting leaked from one's device.

And any advice on how to prevent it?
>>
Put the nudes inside a file that can only be opened with a password (Like a .rar file), and put it onto a USB. Then lock the USB with a password. Only use that USB for nudes.
>>
The only 100% sure way to prevent nude leaks is to not take nudes in the first place.
>>
>>17203389
Well. Your logic is sound, but similarly one shouldn't carry cash while going out in the chances of getting robbed or pickpocketed. This is the 21st century where almost /everything/ is digitalized. Get over it.
>>
>>17203374
Sounds good enough. Only problem is if that USB falls in the wrong hands.
>>
>>17203339
I'm hacking you and taking your noods right now
>>
>>17203403
Should I be obliged?
>>
I'm really into programming, so what I did is made my own vault. When you click on it, it automatically goes to 0 opacity and will not become visible unless you press certain keys on the keyboard. Then in order to actually get into the vault you need 2 passwords and a .jpg file with a specific name.

Why all the security? I have some weird fetishes. Anyway, I'm sure with some Googling you'll be able to find a program similar to mine. If you end up not trusting technology, you can always print them out, put them in an envelope/small box and hide them somewhere.
>>
>>17203415
Well, such complex vaults aren't available that easily. But will search about it.
I've been thinking about using military-grade encryption.
Since you claim to be into programming, got any say on it?

And I do trust technology. Just the "correct" one.
>>
>>17203339
UPDATE: I'm not bothered about physical means of nudes getting leaked, such as someone snooping on my device manually.
What I'm concerned about is applications and malicious elements or even hackers.
Thus I ask for adivce for maximum prevention of them getting leaked.
>>
>>17203426
>I've been thinking about using military-grade encryption
I don't really know what you mean? When someone says "military-grade encryption" they usually mean off-the-shelf algorithms (Encryption unknown to the public). How do you have access to such encryption?

Well, whatever. You can use those "military"-grade encryptions if it's unknown to the public, because then no one will be able to decrypt it. You can also look up tutorials on making your own hash/encryption, it's actually very easy.
>>
>>17203438
By "military-grade" I mean algorithm used for their /basic/ stuff.
I suppose that's quite smooth enough for a casual.

Obviously their own "unknown" encryption algorithm is used for highly sensitive information.

Well, will look up how to make my own, if that's possible.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.