[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Better to stay quiet or try to explain myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: hands on face.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hands on face.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
This is a somewhat long story that took course over four months, but I'll try to sum up the main points.
>18, senior year of high school
>girl I've had in some classes, but hardly talked to, starts talking to me a lot, goes out of her way to run into me
>graduation day, she takes a picture of us together and sends it to me, she gave me her number
>after the ceremony, she ran over and hugged me really tightly and told me she wished she could see me more
>I asked my friends for advice and they said "she wants the D", and then I asked my older sister who said she was definitely interested, and probably hurt that I hadn't made a move yet
>I decided she'd be a pretty sweet first GF, and that she probably would stop talking to me if I didn't initaite contact at least this time, and decided to ask her out the next day
>I called her and explained that I did like her (I'm a pretty closed book and figured she might not know), and then asked her out. She replied
"... Anon, I think you're a really nice guy, and you shouldn't get in a relationship with me, I'm not a good person, but we should still be friends"
And then my autism took grip and I just said okay, I'll see you around and hung up. I was quite shocked she turned me down, and I'm still not sure if she was trying to say no nicely, or actually felt like she couldn't have a relationship.

Now I feel bad about putting her in a tough situation, and possibly making her think I just wanted to go out with her. I would be completely comfortable with a platonic friendship. Should I call her again and try to explain this? Or should I wait for her to initiate contact again (although I've got a feeling she might not now), as she always has before? If she does talk to me, should I even try to justify asking her out, or just try to ignore that it ever happened?
>>
>>17203284
Text book emotional manipulator. Only continue to be her friend if you understand that she will most likely try and play games with you. DO NOT DATE... EVER!!!
>>
>>17203299
I've really not gotten that feeling from her before. I also don't think I'm a likely target for that because people usually describe me as emotionless.
>>
>>17203284
If someone tells you that they're not a good person or that they aren't worth dating, or any bullshit like that, you should believe them.

She knows herself better than you do and she knows if she acts like a completely shitty person. Someone who recognizes that they act poorly and yet still elect to be like that is someone you really want to avoid.

Yes, it's possible that she just has really low self-esteem. It's still a good idea to not get involved with someone like that as this is just going to cause problems and make any potential relationship much more difficult than it needs to be.

Sure, be her friend if you can avoid catching feelings for a girl that you spend time with. Otherwise you should avoid her like the plague.
>>
Huh. That's a weird situation. If my knowledge of girls is any good, I'd say she was into you. She showed no signs suggesting other wise. Then you decide to nut up she shuts you down. Fuck it man. That to me would make me never show any emotionally vulnerability towards her. If you genuinely think she's work keeping around as a friend, do so. If not, cut off all contact.
>>
>>17203372
>>17203373
I don't think she truly is a shitty person, she doesn't make enemies. Low-self esteem seems probable, she's mentioned her favorite hobby being anime and binge-watching somedays, and she's told me she's jealous of my fitness (I'm lean, she's ~10 pounds overweight).

I think I'll keep quiet, but I'm not afraid of hanging out with her if she contacts me again. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>Anon, I think you're a really nice guy, and you shouldn't get in a relationship with me, I'm not a good person, but we should still be friends"

Do you know what happens when the guy says "I don't care" or "But I think you are worth something" in response to this?

He gets played and gives the girl a free pass to become a shitty person at any given moment. Women who call themselves broken do so to absolve themselves of responibility, the few women that do have emotional problems (were raped in their childhood) or something similar to that end generally do not so brazenly tell others that they are not worth anything or that theyre a bad person, they will bottle it up.

Move on, ignore her, she likes to be desired by you but doesn't care enough or respect you as a person to think that leading you on is a bad idea.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.