[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So here's the deal My roommate's frumpy girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: babby.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
So here's the deal
My roommate's frumpy girlfriend has basically been staying at our the house for months. She recently got a place around the corner but still chooses to barely leave here. When she does, it won't ever be any more than like 12 hours. This wouldn't be a problem if she hadn't started to outstay her welcome
>Roommate is out, she invites a couple of friends round to my house with none of us knowing
>Hear banging on door. Open it to have two people storm in to shout at her for some drama (for some reason at my fucking house)
>Woke up this morning to find her inviting her sister in

She doesn't even pay rent
Tell me I'm not going crazy
>>
What the fuck, kick that bitch to the curb.
>>
>>17203229
>mo bitches mo problems
ho fo sho

>paying rent for a place you barely live at
waste of money right there you're all irresponsible as fuck
>>
You're being a spineless bitch right this second by posting about it here and not talking to them. You know what you have to do, nut up and do it.
>>
>>17203229
1. Talk to your roommate
2. Explain that the current state of affairs is unacceptable
3. Cite the drama and inviting people over without your permission
4. ???????
5. Cuck your roommate
>>
>>17203258
I will when I can get her on her own. I just wanted to know if I was being unreasonable.
>>
>>17203229
Dude you gotta nip these things in the bud. Like with the drama yelling you should have sjouted thst you don't want this at your apartment and asked her to leave, yes you can do that especially when the bf isn't around. Not heing passive aggressive just exercising your rights. Hell you could call the cops if shit goes down since she's an unwanted guest and that's not her legal residence.

Anyways, you should have laid down some ground rules with your roommate so now would be a good time to get that going.
>>
>>17203266
You're not. As soon as you see your roommate, you need to lay down the law, firmly but politely, "If [girlfriend] is going to keep staying here so much, she needs to start paying rent. I like her, her visiting is fine, but staying the night (/staying past 10, whatever) needs to be a more occasional thing, and she absolutely can't be inviting friends of her own over here without asking." You get the idea.

I'd say three nights a week is about reasonable for sleepovers. Your roommate can stay over there too, of course, if they can't bear to be parted.
>>
>>17203229
she definitely shouldn't be inviting people over or answering your door unless you ask her to.
>>
>>17203229

Anon, a man's home is his castle.

It's the original for real "safe space".

You should have total control over guests coming and going, with in grown-up levels of compromise with roommate.

You have two options:

1) Talk to roomie, get on same page. Make sure you are a united front of boundaries and such. Frumpy should get the same, polite, message from both of you about what is acceptable and what is not. You guys should make clear and concise rules that work for both of you.

2) Steal something valuable from roomie. When he misses it, say that you can't help but wonder about all the strangers Frumpy invites and such.

Seriously, I get the gf who is always there, and there isn't much cure for that unless you move out. However, the rando's are unacceptable, and a genuine liability. Maybe get a key-lockable door-handle.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.