[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm beginning my GRE studies and I'm looking for opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I'm beginning my GRE studies and I'm looking for opinions on the best books to begin my review. I am looking for books/materials for both review and for practice tests. I did some research on book reviews but still couldn't come to a conclusion on the best ones so I'm looking for some more opinions.

Thanks.
>>
All those books are useless
>>
>>17203205
So how would you recommend I prepare?
>>
I used the one by Kaplan when I studied and it was fine.
>>
>>17203201
You do as many practice tests as you can possibly stand. You don't even have to buy the books, you can often find them in libraries (if your regular public library doesn't have any, check your local public colleges and universities).
>>
I took the GRE last year, got bretty gud scores, and made it into a top-tier MA program with funding.

As far as books, you'll want a variety of them. Each book is written by a different author who will have different strengths/weaknesses in comparison to others. You mitigate getting taught geometry by a poor geometer by having multiple people teach you geometry, ya dig?

If you want to go hardcore, by a vocab app for your phone and study the top 100 words or whatever they'll test you. Take full practice tests only once per week (to avoid getting burnt out) under the exact same conditions the real one would be taken. Try to keep studying to a minimum (avoid burning out), something like 1-2 hours a day maximum; taper this off as the text day approaches.

I'll be going to bed in a bit but I'll stick around a little longer if you have questions about the test.
>>
>>17203219
google what topics are on the exam.
>make sure you understand those topics
google the topics to learn them
>most of them are not going to be overwhelming
google gre practice tests and or old exams
>take those so you are used to its format
>>
>>17203295
Too late, OP. I'm off to bed.

Just study for a few months ahead of time and you'll be fine. Use a variety of sources.
>>
>>17203295
What's the best source practice exams? I.e. The ones that are most realistic and will be like the real thing. I'm assuming the ones from the ETS are good but what about the ones from publishers like Kaplan, Manhattan, etc.
>>
you gotta go fast on the math part
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.