[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to start making your own opportunities? It seems that opportunity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_53794117.jpg (650 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_53794117.jpg
650 KB, 1000x667
How to start making your own opportunities? It seems that opportunity falls into the laps of people around me, and it seems whenever an opportunity does come around, I fail to stack up. I'm kinda tired of waiting for the best case scenario to come around. I want to make an opportunity for myself where I'm in control for once.
>>
>>17202945

opportunity is such a broad term man htats like asking 'how do i talk to people' there are a million billion ways it depends what you actually want.

asking
>how do i make opportunities

is kind of like asking
>how do i get married.

you are missing the actual point, you are asking the wrong question.

what do you want to do? or rather 'what kind of opportunities do you want?'
>>
>>17202981
>what do you want to do? or rather 'what kind of opportunities do you want?'
Music composition in some form. I know, wannabe musician #1,175,227. I'd be fine playing in a rock band, writing for school bands, or even doing jingles for businesses. I've done music for almost 11 years now. I've had a formal education in it. I'm not going to say that I'm incredibly talented in it, but I'm more dedicated to it than my peers are.
>>
>>17203004

>wanna be musician

im pursuing film, so were in the same boat man. imo its all valid, people dont need to be good at something to pursue it. i mean in a career they shoudl, but i thikn even horrible artists and horrible writers should make comics and books just so that they can express themselves in that way.

digressions aside, do you feel oyu need more opportunities in this field specifically? is thats whats grinding your gears?
>>
>>17203010
>do you feel oyu need more opportunities in this field specifically?
Not really. There are opportunities around, it's just that the competition is tough. I'm in uni right now. I'm surrounded by people far more experienced, and far more talented than I am. I won't stand a chance if I try to become successful through traditional means here, e.g. composition competitions, festivals, etc. so I'm cutting my losses, and going to find a way to make my own opportunities. I want to be able to guarantee my own success.
>>
>>17203037

>GUISE HELP HOW DO I MAKE MORE OPPORTUNITIES
>proceeds to talk about music
>do you nee dmore opportunities in music
>'not really'
>all that other stuff

i think you need to go make sense of your life.
>>
>>17203044
I think there's been some misunderstanding. I never said there weren't opportunities. My problem is that the odds are never stacked in my favor, and instead of waiting for the planets to align, I want to make my own path where I can guarantee my success, or at least give myself a fighting chance.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.