[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So as I'm maturing more I'm starting to understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-03-20 09.37.17.jpg (288 KB, 664x675) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-20 09.37.17.jpg
288 KB, 664x675
So as I'm maturing more I'm starting to understand and see the true way people feel. And throughout my journey I've discovered just how selfish and unloyal their motives can be. It's truly a terrible thing, you can never 100% trust anybody. I've tried my hardest to be real with all of my peers but even the most seemingly kind of people can end up doing you wrong: best friends, role models, significant others. I feel like social media somehow has part of the blame for this, but before I come off as one of those "social media is bad" people I need to know if it has always been this bad or if it has just become worse during this generation. Everybody just seems so self absorbed
>>
it's human nature
>>
btw you being more honest doesn't actually make you much different
you can see this best when you think about how you would react to certain bad stuff happening to someone else or you / something like that
normal humans just have better social skills
and they also have different instincts/ everyone lives for themselves
every gpod thing you do is actually just for yourself (feeling good about something "good" you did is an example)
>>
Man I know how you feel. It's weird knowing that no matter who you meet, what you do, or who you think you know, no one is completely honest all the time. Even if you try to be. It's kinda scary actually. But yeah all you can do is just roll with it. When someone does something shitty with shitty motives then call them out on it, or let it roll off your back.
>>
>>17202527
with instincts I actually referred to morals and goals but w/e.
>>
>>17202528
the best thing you can do is just think logically and use the information you just gained it to your advantage
If you want to be a crybaby and "not accept your own nature and the nature of the people you live with" then go ahead
>>
>>17202527
I mean, I know how human nature works, I took philosophy. And yes humans are truly selfish bastards. But what I was getting at was that I didn't know if it has always been this bad. Like, was it this bad in the 80s persay. You know?
>>
>>17202527
>>17202527
The whole any action is a selfish action is stupid and out the window. I've hurt myself so much to help others, have no regrets, no remorse, and I'd continuing doing it, I in no way sleep better at night though because of this.
>you just can't seperate the emotions, blah blah blah
I know my intentions and my beliefs, I have my morales figured out. Every action is a selfish action is literally an idea created by lazy selfish people to justify their morale deficient lives.
>>
>>17202549
>I mean, I know how human nature works, I took philosophy
level 2 troll. Sage
>>
>>17202547

>>17202549
what I'm getting at is
maybe you should start looking at it more scientifically
maybe you should have taken some biology classes instead
if you pay attention to humans at economy classes it could help you notice that they actually automatically do their best to get what they want
most of the time you can look at it as if this is based around feeling good about themselves
with "get what they want" I refer to what he/she is hardwired to try to accomplish
how people do it and what they try to accomplish is different from person to person
but I'm gonna sleep now bye
oh and protip: search"humans need not apply" @youtube
b
y
e
>>
File: 1392747143920.jpg (50 KB, 805x674) Image search: [Google]
1392747143920.jpg
50 KB, 805x674
>>17202486

>It's truly a terrible thing, you can never 100% trust anybody. I've tried my hardest to be real with all of my peers but even the most seemingly kind of people can end up doing you wrong: best friends, role models, significant others.

You're looking at this all the wrong way. Trust, like faith, is not based on how genuine, factual or legitimate the person/god you are putting your trust/faith into.

The fact that people can be fickle, selfish and unreliable, in the end, has nothing to do with how much or how little you decide to put your faith into them.

Yeah, you're maturing, but you are focusing on the wrong thing. You trust people because you love them. You trust people because even if they do fuck up or make mistakes you put faith in them to do the right thing.

You'll get hurt, things will get fucked up, people will abandon you but thats not the end destination of trust and faith, its just a side-effect. We keep trusting people because knowing what its like, even for a moment, to give yourself to someone wholly and completely to someone you care about is a hundred times better than living a life closed off in fear.

Maybe its just the people you decide to socialize and invest yourself in. If you are subconsciously attracted to toxic people and are prone to being kind of pessimistic its easy to see how you would come to the conclusion that everyone is awful and untrustworthy.

I think maybe you should do a tad bit more maturing before you make such definitive conclusions about human nature because you definitely have one piece of the puzzle, you just don't have the rest.

>I mean, I know how human nature works, I took philosophy

Also, don't be THAT GUY. That college guy that swallowed a bunch of imperatives and mod mentality statistics and uses those lenses to view the entire world through. You need to view these things with a grain of salt and appreciate that while humans can be awful, a singular human can mean the world.
>>
>>17202587
ahhahaha w/e

>>17202574
are you saying you didn't do those things because that's what you wanted?
Our whole point is that this is in fact for your own self
YOU wanted to do that
that you hurt yourself or w/e and helped someone else is off topic
I really have to sleep now sigh
>>
>>17202591
>philosophy is shit

>cries out some emotional shit
topkek
(btw I do partly agree with you on the philosophy thing)
>>
>>17202628

>philosophy is shit

That isn't what I said. I said to take philosophy with a grain of salt. Its a useful tool but its not a universal framework. There are so many different philosophical principals out there that interpreting one or even a few as an absolute truth is just silly.

>cries out some emotional shit

Life is emotional shit. Is there a more convenient way you'd like me to explain it? I'm not here to convince anyone to think the way I do. OP asked a question and I gave him my opinion.
>>
>>17202591
Well I live in a small community so I'm kinda limited on friends. Basically what's got me feeling this way is that whenever I'm hanging with my friends or w/e I always end up pulling all the weight. But yeah this makes sense. I wasn't using the college class as a lense but more as an assistant to my point of view. Because everybody really only does stuff for themselves, no matter how selfless it may seem. If you think about it, that person feels a satisfaction from satisfying others. Therefore that person did it for themself
>>
>>17202486
oh and before I finally go to sleep I will answer your initial question
in today's society people are just less oppressed and more free to do "what they want"
that together with the public social media just makes it easier to see how people are
nothing has actually magically changed about how humans are
oh and ofcourse in different situations different aspects of human nature can be observed (researching human history as an example can show you this very well)
>>
>>17202486
it took you long enough.
>>
>>17202591
Dude, that was a fucking excellent post. Thank you.
>>
>>17202778
>dude, that was a fucking excellent post
Agreed
>>
File: 2uh9t9z.jpg (287 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2uh9t9z.jpg
287 KB, 1600x1200
>>17202649
>life is emotional shit
Life as we know it consists of a very infinitesimally small part of space and time (infinity so if you take into a account the multiverse). We as carbon based life have partially evolved beyond fight or flight based reasoning( response driven hormone release temporarily changing the way we think), we also have pheremone and proximity based emotional reasoning stemming from herd and reproductive mentalities. Whilst not under the effect of the afforementioned we have developed science, mathematics, and monolithic engineering abilities, whilst not "crying out emotional shit" we have touched the black void of space and thrown our collective voices and imagination into the ether of the cosmos. Whist under the effects of our emotions we physically clash,make sounds to activate pleasure centers in the brain, rub genitals together, huddle for comfort or protection, kill millions of our own kind, but at least we feel good whilst were doing it. I know how I would like to spend my time in this plane of existence.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.