[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need emergency advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
A girl I know is in a psychiatric hospital after a failed suicide attempt.

She really really wants to die. She told me she has a plan to escape and it's very plausible. Should I call the hospital and tell them she wants to escape or respect her wish to die. Her life is really shit and has been absolutely terrible for at least 15 years.

I'm in a fucked up position. Please give some advice.
>>
Let her do what she wants. Who are you to tell her what she should do with her life?

To be honest, it's very unlikely that she will escape anyway
>>
>>17201975
Tell someone important about her escape attempt. If she ends it now there is no chance of recovery - if she tries recovery and still wants to die, she has all the time in the world.

Do what it takes to give her a second chance. She doesn't have to take it, but she deserves the option.

Trust me, I went through some fucking rough times, but I got my second chance and here I am.
>>
>>17201995
>To be honest, it's very unlikely that she will escape anyway

This. If you've ever been to one of these places you would know security is pretty tight to prevent lawsuits.
>>
>>17201998
She's going to be be send to a hospital for her broken arm and wants to run away during this time. She's very fast.
>>
>>17202004
Well that is the time to "escape"... I've waited with someone at a hospital before they were admitted to a pysch hospital and you can easily get away.

Anyway, don't give her any attention. If she really wanted to die she'd be dead. She's just crying for attention.
>>
>>17202004
So tell the police. If they havn't already, they will put her on suicide watch (possibly handcuffing if they deem her a true risk.)

Are you really ok with letting a friend die without giving them a chance to recover? Death is final. Treatment is at worst a waste of time.
>>
>>17201975
Can you tell us more about her current situation? It's kind of hard to tell you anything solid without details when it comes to these things.

In any case for her own safety you should mention this to her doctor or people in charge.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.