[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone at work hates me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1462098137392.gif (1 MB, 281x151) Image search: [Google]
1462098137392.gif
1 MB, 281x151
I was courting this girl at work. Long story short, it didn't work and we had a falling out. The problem is that she's always been the type to misinterpret a lot of things, not confront me about it and just get angry while blowing me off everytime I try to talk to her about it. Now, I fear she's been telling people. Just yesterday, I had three people from work block me off FB.

It's a personal matter so I don't know if I should go to my boss about this. But isn't this slander? I still like her but I'm obviously pissed that I've been thinking of going to a lawyer.
>>
>>17201634
Talk to your boss about it
>>
>>17201642
OK. How do I go about it?
>>
>>17201642
Wouldn't OP just get fired if three employees are telling his boss that he did something bad?
>>
>>17201634
This is why you don't date co-workers. This is why many work places forbid it. It just fucks everything up every time.
>>
>trying to date someone at work
this is where you fucked up, relationships fail all the time and you never have to see that person again, if it happens at work you still have to see them every day
>>
Just hang back, keep communication professionally short and to the point, only talk about work topics. Don't "court" people at work.

"Court" makes you sound like a creep.
>>
What did you do and what do you think she's been telling people?
>>
>>17201656
That's what I'm doing now but that would also entail I just let her destroy my reputation.

That said, I've never been close to many of them. I'm rather an introvert who's minded only his job. She's the exact opposite in that she's very extroverted and friends with everyone (which is part of the reason I liked her). I.e. she's got a lot more hold over my co-workers, not to mention most of them are girls.

My main problem is that they never even gave me a chance to explain myself.
>>
>>17201677
>they never even gave me a chance to explain myself.
what did you do that needs to be explained?
>>
>>17201656
>"court" makes you sound like a creep

And pray tell me good fellow, wouldst thou share thine thoughts if op were indentured at a renaissance fayre?
>>
is this you OP?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cs63s
>>
>>17201654
>>17201655
Yep. But I thought we could've kept it professional.

>>17201664
>>17201681
Like I said, she misinterprets a lot of things. I admit, it stems from our personal falling out but the problem is that she's let it affect her professionally.

But as far as I'm aware of, there was a time we got into an argument while working together. I was auditing her procedure and she took that as me questioning her competence. I know that because it came up in my evaluation a few days later. I never got to talk to her about it because she was blowing me off everytime I tried.

And a more recent one was when we were somewhat making up. I walked up to her to ask how she was doing, she didn't respond and just walked away while staring me in the eye i.e. blew me off again. I confronted her about it and she said she didn't hear, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and told her I'm sorry but she stopped talking to me again.

Now I think she's trying to stare me down i.e. I walk into the room, we make eye contact, she tries to eye me down. Idk, I don't normally back down and just walk away.
>>
>>17201730
None of that explains what happened when you were 'courting' her that is supposedly the cause of all that is going on.
>>
>>17201740
Oh you know, stuff. But I think it's irrelevant to the fact that she's behaved inappropriately. It's not an excuse for her and it's unfair to me.
>>
>>17201767
If you're not going to tell us what you did, then we can't really help you. We need to know if what she's doing really is unreasonable, and your evasiveness suggests that it perhaps isn't as unreasonable as you're trying to make it sound.
>>
>>17201775
>We need to know if what she's doing really is unreasonable,

Is it reasonable to go around telling other people about a personal affair, or even professional problems with someone with the intent to ruin that person's reputation? Note, this isn't with just a few close friends.
>>
>>17201786
What did you do? I didn't ask what she did, I'm asking what you did.
>>
>>17201793
We had a miscommunication that's really hard to explain. But, like I said, she's upset at me and using that as a reason, to get even more pissed off at every interaction, which I think is unfair, and to go around ruining my reputation.
>>
>>17201814
What was this miscommunication? The more you try to avoid telling us what happened, the more inclined I am to believe that you're the creep that she says you are.
>>
>>17201833
Sounds like you've got an agenda.

Like I said, it's long and hard to explain, and even if I did, it's irrelevant to the fact that she's using that as an excuse to not be professional because of that, and she's doing inappropriate, unethical things.

My problem right now is that she's not behaving professionally.
>>
>>17201862
If you've done something to make her feel uncomfortable in the workplace, then you may well be in the wrong here. Seeing as you're not cooperating and I don't even have one side of the story, there's really not much else I can tell you.
>>
>>17201862
What did you do creepzoid
>>
>>17201868
I'm uncomfortable at work too but I don't go be unprofessional about it.

The personal affair was the cause. That's just how it started. But the problem is that she blew it up at work. I've already told you, she has a lot of grudges against me that's work related and unrelated to the personal affair.

That's it. I just need advice on what to do with the situation now.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.