[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to not feel pain touching fire? What could cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 2001.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Is it normal to not feel pain touching fire? What could cause someone to touch fire with their finger, roll it around in it and not feel any pain or suffer any burns? I know someone who did this, how is that possible?
>>
its not, idk what you think you saw but it wasn't that

it is possible to have non-functioning pain receptors but there is no such thing as immunity to fire, even if he couldn't feel the pain the tissue would still be damaged. Infact after you've suffered burns to a specific area it is MORE sensitive to being burned in the future rather than more resistant. A friend of mine in the fire department was telling me about that.
>>
>>17201453
It was my next door neighbor who's a little kid using his moms lighter. He flicked it on rolled his finger in it for a while like it was nothing. I was curious so I watched
>>
It's easy to do if you move your hand while over the flame. Skin doesn't conduct heat too fast for that. Done this soo many times. Can even make my hand black from the flame without pain. (think it's called sut in english). Looks like my hand is burning, doesn't hurt a bit if done corectly.
>>
>>17201427
There are magicians' and circus tricks for this. DO NO TRY THIS AT HOME, but essentially fire burns upward, and there are ways of approaching it from the sides that are relatively safe IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
>>
Because hot air rises, the heat is concentrated on the top of the flame and the air above it. You can easily pass your finger through the middle of the flame and not burn yourself.
>>
>>17201816
Is the center of the flame not hot enough to cause pain or burn if you left your finger in it and rolled it around?
>>
>>17201816
Your science is wrong sir, I lose faith in science and go back to religion.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.