[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got drunk, cheated on my girlfriend with my ex. I feel ambivalent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1464233731585.jpg (526 KB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464233731585.jpg
526 KB, 1500x2000
Got drunk, cheated on my girlfriend with my ex. I feel ambivalent about it (or could still be in shock at myself, unsure), am I an awful person?

The situation is a lot more complicated but I don't know what's wholely relevant. I can go more into detail if needed.
>>
There's never an excuse to cheat on anyone. It doesn't matter what's going on, it's just not right. It's a pretty cold thing to do if you guys aren't on the same page about it.
>>
Your gf isn't that important to you, should ditch her.
>>
no detail is needed, you're a shithead that fucked up. accept it and move on man, because I don't think you're salvaging your relationship.
>>
>>17201387
>>17201400
Both these guys are right.

You're a faggot OP, you should give a heartfelt apology to your gf and then move on. Maybe even learn from the experience.
>>
File: 1461345353094.jpg (66 KB, 700x601) Image search: [Google]
1461345353094.jpg
66 KB, 700x601
>>17201387
>>17201412
I'm not justifying it, it was wrong regardless of the fact I was drunk, or even if I feel awful about it. We're so incredibly important to one another and I betrayed that.

>>17201400
I love her. This isn't bullshit. I really, really do love her.

>>17201412
I can't tell her. She's so emotionally dependent on me that she is heavily at risk of suicide. I don't know if that's selfish but I can't bear to bring that onto another person, especially one that I love.
>>
>>17201449
>I love her. This isn't bullshit. I really, really do love her.

Come on dude, then you would feel bad about cheating on her.
>>
>>17201456
Apoligies, I probably worded it in a less-than-straigtforward way.

It's not that I don't feel guilt, I fucking do but I can barely process it. I try talking to her and the only thing on my mind is what I did. It isn't fair to her, and it's just eating at me slowly
>>
>>17201449
>high risk of suicide
You still need to tell her. If you're really that concerned then keep the police on speed dial. Tell her family you're worried
>>
>>17201493
I don't know. I personally wouldn't tell her just because it would create a big shitstorm for no reason. Especially if she's suicidal.
>>
>>17201514
We're in a LDR. How do I call the police from 2000 miles away?

>>17201528
This is somewhat how I feel. I don't want to ruin her happiness for the rest of her life (this could be me rationalizing), and I certainly don't want her dead. Then there's the selfish portion of it that I do ultimately still want to be in a relationship with her.

There so many variables fucking me up right now, I don't know what's right.
>>
Let your girlfriend know you cheated on her, and attend some AA meetings.
If you just move on like nothing happened, you've done the wrong thing.
>>
>>17201547
>LDR
Why are you "dating" someone 2000 miles away? That's absolutely silly.
>>
>>17201554
I don't drink often, that was maybe my second or third time being extremely intoxicated and maybe my 5th or 6th time ever being drunk.

I think anything I do at this point still be wrong in some way, I don't know.

>>17201558
We've visited each other twice and she's scheduled to come back in a couple months.
>>
>>17201547
>LDR
Okay then her family. Friends. Idk bro you fucked it up. Now make your bed and face it. There's always something you can do. Otherwise you're just trying to save your own ass by using this as an excuse.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.