[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty unfit and have never done any exercise. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg (194 KB, 563x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg
194 KB, 563x800
I'm pretty unfit and have never done any exercise. I'm not morbidly obese, but I'm lacking in every physical aspect. 21 years old male.

I've always liked Tennis and I want to play but always felt insecure. Have never touched a racket but I've read books and enjoy watching pro tournaments.

Should I go straight to a tennis club and ask about classes, or should I do exercise in my own for a while before going there?
>>
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (37 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
37 KB, 600x400
bump
>>
I think it's harder to start on your own, so better just start classes and there you'll be told how to exercise properly, what to do etc. Go for it anon.
>>
I recommend the classes. You won't be the only one out of shape, and you'll get to meet and play with people who have similar interests and are at a comperable level.
>>
its a physically demanding game since you have to chase the ball around so much, but that said there are lots of people out of their prime who play it

it'll be hard at first but if you stick with it you'll get into shape. And yes I recommend going to a tennis club and taking a beginner class if you've never picked up a racket and you don't have a friend to teach you.

btw you can start preparing right now by doing a little cardio, go outside right now and go for a walk
>>
there's a couch to 5k app that's dogdick easy. i recommend it for cardio
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.