[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tattoo price
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Tree1.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
Tree1.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
Roughly what price are we talking on something like this, maybe with a little more trees like an actual forest?

I also want behind it grey mountains up to my bicep or so, and the moon and sky behind that, but I plan on starting with this.
>>
at least 1k for good lineart that won't blow out in a few months desu

it's a sleeve, so you seem to understand that it's broken in sections. tell me about yourself op, is this your first, where are you located for recommendations to shops, that sort of thing
>>
It really depends on where you are and the local economy, but yeah, youre gonna be dropping a decent amount of cash, I'd say at least $750 for high quality
>>
>>17201008
Complete tattoo virgin, and I live near Memphis, TN. I haven't shopped at all.
>>
Depends on
>where you live
>how good the artist is
>how much experience they have
>how much time it takes
>how much pain you can handle
>>
>>17201029
nice okay i'll see if i can get you some places to look at

with something like trees, you want someone who has very steady linework and probably a good attention to detail for the little things like individual branches and shit

bring this in - not on your phone, print it out - and then let your tattoo artist go off of this + what you want with the mountains and stuff. any good guy would draw it out and not copy someone's direct tattoo, thats p shitty ngl

overall finding a good artist who's style you like and working with them to get what you want is key. this is gonna be on your body for life, have fun but also be smart about it

good luck my guy
>>
>>17201050
I appreciate the advice, thanks :)
>>
>>17201061
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEZZ2CRStRr/?taken-by=cole_pittman

found this dude in memphis! look through his pictures here (theres a lot of personal photos, it's a little hard to nail a more direct portfolio, but his linework is pretty solid) and then maybe see if he seems like someone you're okay with tattooing you + what his prices are

a couple of tips when you actually do it:

don't drink the night before shit thins your blood out and it might make things harder for your artist. also get some sleep the night before

it's definitely gonna hurt, just know you can take breaks, and something like this (you seem to be set on blackwork, which is having everything like this filled in, which as you can imagine is especially painful) is best split across sections. pain is subjective though! i got some stuff on my calves and it burned more than anything

like i said before, communication is key! the process of a tattoo is kind of unavoidably painful and uncomfortable, but if the atmosphere doesn't feel okay or you have a bad feeling about the artist, you're allowed to speak up.

and for the love of god listen to your artist about healing times
>>
>>17201090
Omg thank you so much for finding him. Saved a layman like me a ton of time. If he doesn't feel right I definitely will keep digging though.

Usually I'm pretty pain tollerant, so hopefully it wont be that bad for me. I'm also an incredibly introverted straight edge, so lol won't be drinking.

Again, thank you a ton.
>>
You know you don't HAVE to get a tattoo to apply for welfare.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.