[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you really get pregnant even if you use condoms? The thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x335
Can you really get pregnant even if you use condoms? The thought of that is seriously scary.
>>
>>17200776

The only thing that is 100% is abstinence.

If you can't handle the consequences of your actions, perhaps you should rethink what you're doing.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 278x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 278x368
>>17200783
>The only thing that is 100% is abstinence.
might be overstating things a bit
>>
>>17200776

condoms are what, 99% effective? generally if you keep good care of your condoms in a not too hot room, they shouldnt go bad.

girls should be using birth control as well even with condoms. you should also have a talk with any girl you've been banging regularly about what would happen in case of pregnancy. if the answer isn't abortion you shouldnt be fucking them regularly, that simple.

consider being gay and just using PrEP.

the chances of catching hiv while on PrEP and topping are virtually none. it is safer than a condom. And if ur partner is also on PrEP you have nothing to worry about
>>
>>17200789
Not that guy but he's not overstating it. Only thing 100% is abstinence from vaginal intercourse. You can still do oral and anal as much as you want of course with no worries
>>
>>17200776
That's why God invented butt-sex.
>>
File: what.jpg (16 KB, 286x306) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
16 KB, 286x306
>>17200796
>consider being gay
lolwat
>>
>>17200776
With a condom, improper usage is what can get a girl pregnant. A lack of lubricant can make the condom tear, if you accidentally put it on backwards, then flip it over, and put it on correctly, sperm may have gotten on the outside, and is now on the tip of the condom that you're about to put in yo girl's vag.

If the condom slips off during intercourse, and you have to pull it back on, precum may travel out.

My boyfriend and I take further cautions. I take birth control, but we also use condoms when I take off my patch (for the last few days when I'm waiting for my period). We use spermicidal lubed condoms too. And when we're just going bareback (with me still on birth control), he always pulls out. Or if he wants to "feel safe" we use condoms while I'm also on the patch.

I'd say to go the extra mile to reduce your chances by using spermicidal lube, and not busting in the condom, inside your girl, because the rush of ejaculation may also make the condom tear inside her.
>>
File: tumblr_lrnv86zANm1qdwy1io1_500.jpg (41 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrnv86zANm1qdwy1io1_500.jpg
41 KB, 500x481
Yes. Absolutely. Condoms can break, slip off, and many other things. All why even bother having sex if you use condom, its like cuddling in a jumper and sweats, utterly pointless and takes away the most intimate part of the act.

The fact that abstinence is the only effective contraception is why I will probably never have sex, because I never want kids. It amazes me how most people who also desire childfree lifestyle still have sex hoping that contraceptive malfunction or human error won't result in pregnancy- or resort to surgical mutilation or murdering an unborn child just so they can be a degenerate hedonist having carefree sex. Also birth control gives women cancer, and changes their entire personality, including affecting what and who they are attracted to.
>>
They're coming out with a shot for guys that's 100% effective called vasagel, I'd recommend that after it comes out if you have a girlfriend.
>>
File: 1464502430518.gif (4 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464502430518.gif
4 MB, 480x480
>>17200776
I can't get pregnant, I'm male. Condoms have 98% percent success rate if you're using them on a fertile female. 2% chance she'll get knocked up. And an even higher chance if you're dealing with a woman who would poke a hole in your condom in order to entrap you into marriage.
>>
>>17200826
It's 98% when used correctly. If used incorrectly, it drops down to like 70% (from what I've heard in those sex safety classes)
>>
>>17200826
Derp. Condoms have like 98% success rate is probably research funded by condom companies so you buy condoms. Even if they do have 98% success rate that would only be if used property and their are lots of ways to use a condom improperly
For ex:
http://www.mensfitness.com/women/sex-tips/10-dumb-mistakes-that-can-get-her-pregnant
(using no lube, wrong kinda of lube, tearing condom open in hurry/improperly and tearing it, her poking holes in it, not getting right size, not applying it properly, not using condom bc youre drunk or so horny you don't care at the time, no lube i side condom, condom too old or too cheap, taking condom off too early etc)
>>
>>17200776
if you use them properly, the failure rate is pretty low. it is very uncommon, but yes, it does happen. shit, a friend of mine knocked his wife up while she was on the depo shot. no birth control method is 100%- except natures birth control (see: anal)
>>
>what is tube tying?
>what is birth control?
>what is female condoms?
>what is the morning after pill?
>what is abortion (in the most extreme cases)?

The change of becoming pregnant when using a condom is small anyway.
>>
Condoms are 99% effective. In reality, they're more like 99.9% effective but people fuck up and cause tears or don't use them right.

Birth control is 99.9% effective, but in reality again more like 99.999% effective, but people forget about taking their pills and then lie.
>>
I'm sorry everyone I didn't reply because I was at work. I am home now. I didn't clarify in my original post that I was female; didn't think it was relevant.

I asked this question because there's someone on /adv/ who made a thread talking about how she just got an abortion from becoming pregnant while using condoms. And I thought what the fuck, that can happen?

Some of you suggested birth control. Does that require health insurance to get? Because in a year or less mine will run out. I haven't considered birth control seriously because I'm afraid of it fucking up my hormones or making me lose libido or making me more emotional. Those are the last things I need....
>>
>>17201519
>Does that require health insurance to get? Because in a year or less mine will run out.
your health insurance wont just run out, you'll stop being covered by your parents and you'll get your own plan

the ACA has been out for years, there is literally no excuse to be uninsured
>>
>>17200776
>Can you really get pregnant even if you use condoms?
Not if you use them properly, and if no accidents happen. But those can be some pretty major ifs.
>>
>>17201539
So it's obamacare

Oh god
>>
>>17201637
do you actually know anything about obamacare other than /pol/shit and memes? If you don't want to deal with that maybe you should try getting a job.
>>
>>17200776
Condoms are for STD's, get your girl on the pill and make sure she keeps taking them.
>>
>>17200815
i like to fuck my friends pussy with nothing and cum inside her
>>
>>17201648
I have a job. It's retail but I work full time, but my privileges probably don't allow benefits of those kinds
>>
>>17201637
>oh no I qualify for healthcare
libruls takin our freedoms
>>
>>17201519
>And I thought what the fuck, that can happen?

This is a major area where sex ed is failing right now. They have gone from abstinence only to "just use condoms kids". When in reality, the truth is NO birth control is foolproof. There is ALWAYS a chance of pregnancy when you have sex, no matter what.

Knowing this is what allows you to make the most educated decisions, like being more careful about when and who you have sex with, as well as minimizing your chances of pregnancy as much as you can by using the best contraceptives.

Here are the straight facts, as I'm seeing a lot of misinfo in this thread already:

Condoms, when used PERFECTLY every time, have a pregnancy rate of 2% after a year of use. 1 out of every 50 women who use condoms perfectly will get pregnant after a year. This is because latex isn't perfect and can have microscopic perforations.

This increases to 18% with typical use, meaning it wasn't used perfectly every time (not put on correctly, breaking, tearing, ect.) People aren't perfect, so expect to mess up with contraception. That's why you want to go by TYPICAL use stats and not rely on perfect use stats.

So condoms really aren't great contraception at all. They are on the bottom tier along with pulling out, in fact. Condoms should be used for STD prevention, but not relied on for contraception.

Look instead towards the top, or at least mid, tier of contraceptives. For example, the arm implant is the most effect form of contraceptive on the market, even more so than sterilization. It has a typical pregnancy rate of 0.05%. That's only 1 out of every 2000 women get pregnant after a year of use.

Here are some helpful sources:
http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/contraceptive_methods_508.pdf

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control

http://m.scarleteen.com/article/sexual_health/the_buddy_system_effectiveness_rates_for_backing_up_your_birth_control_with_a_
>>
>>17201713
I use both spermicide and condoms at the same time. Yes the spermicide says its safe to use with condoms. What is my percentage?
>>
>>17202281
>Male Condoms + Spermicide = 99.7% effective with perfect use - 96.1% effective with typical use

http://m.scarleteen.com/article/sexual_health/the_buddy_system_effectiveness_rates_for_backing_up_your_birth_control_with_a_
>>
>>17200815
>With a condom, improper usage is what can get a girl pregnant.
As well as general defects and age.
>>
>>17200776
>Can you really get pregnant even if you use condoms?
Yes.

There's more than a million and one fulfilling things to do with your life that isn't sex.

Be productive, not reproductive (kek).
>>
>>17200776
Sex is shallow bullshit anyway.
>>
>>17202524
thanks bro
>>
>>17200796
What are the effects of being on PrEP long term? Seems like a bad idea
>>
>>17200868
What if you want babbies
>>
>>17200868
>what is female condoms?

Don't use those along with male condoms, they make both less effective. If she's on the pill AND they use a condom you should be fine. http://m.scarleteen.com/article/sexual_health/the_buddy_system_effectiveness_rates_for_backing_up_your_birth_control_with_a_
>>
>>17200776
my ex I dated was on birth control and I came inside her all of the time no creampies just really deep inside and she never got pregnant
>>
>>17200776
Why doesn't yout gf just take the pill? It's easier and safer than a condom. My mother took the pill for 30 years after having me and she never got pregnant again. All one has to do is make sure to take the pill regularly and follow the gynecologist's instructions/advice.
>>
>>17200783
Abstinence isn't an option for people who love each other, the need for sexual intimacy can destroy your health and your relationship if unfulfilled.
>>
>>17203054
Honestly that doesn't negate what the anon said in that post. No matter how much you love each other or how much you want/need sex, pregnancy will always be a possibility, so prepare yourself for that risk.
>>
>>17203054
You can be in an intimate relationship without ejaculating. There are yogic traditions such as tantra and taoism that have much better ways of physical bonding than intercourse. Besides, why not just cuddle, or if you must have genital arousal, probe her G spot while she sucks your dick
>>
>>17200776
condoms have over 99% effectiveness, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>17203108
if used properly, which you won't because you are a human bean and make mistakes
>>
>>17203060
I have prepared myself for that risk. I take the pill regularly so I'm not too worried, but if I still got pregnant when I don't want to be I'm going to abort it. Worst case scenario I abandon it at the hospital.
>>
>>17203069
I don't care for that stuff and I don't want to just cuddle, I want to cuddle and have sex with my bf. No point being in a relationship if I can't have sex with him for me.
>>
>>17200776
some oils used as lube will dissolve the condom
>>
>>17200797
>missing the joke this badly
>>
>>17201519
>I asked this question because there's someone on /adv/ who made a thread talking about how she just got an abortion from becoming pregnant while using condoms. And I thought what the fuck, that can happen?

Jesus christ, how bad was your sex ed?
>>
>>17203178
Wow that's disgusting
>>
>>17200868
>>what is female condoms?

Didn't know these were a thing. Anyone ever used one, guy or girl? Sounds like it'd feel really weird.
>>
>>17203225
I guess you won't complain about being put in the friendzone then.
>>
Pregnancy stats always make me so glad I'm gay. Don't even have to worry about AIDS or fag drags, lesbian master race.
>>
>>17203178
Do there even exist straight women who just want to cuddle and stuff but not have intercourse?
>>
>>17203108
No they don't. They only have up to 98% effectiveness.
>>
>people use condoms when they're taking birth control
Why? Birth control is effective. I dated girls who had various forms of birth control and finished inside them. Fucking a condom shouldn't even be considered sex desu, I don't know why people wouldn't chose the alternative
>>
>>17203242
Are you legitimately autistic?
>>
>>17200776
i once had 2/3 trojans break on me... condoms fail sometimes
>>
>>17202806
not as bad as the effects of hiv long term
>>
>>17203291
yes actually

I understand that it is an autistic point of view to not want to have sex because its not worth the risk of unwanted pregnancy, but doesn't make it invalid despite how abnormal it is. I also resolved to abstain from sex in addition to fapping because to me they are 2 sides of the same coin, and the ultimate acheivement is liberating myself from addiction to sexual release. It doesn't even feel good afterwards when I ejaculate due to natural mechanisms, and all I rally desire is close physical and emotional bonding without having to ejaculate. Unfortunately it seems most women's self esteem seems to depend on making guys cum, and then they can just abort it, safe surrender or sue for child support if he doesn't want to have a kid and it happens accidentally.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.