[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People, is being attracted to sense of humour, speech defects,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image%3A402372.png (316 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
image%3A402372.png
316 KB, 500x418
People, is being attracted to sense of humour, speech defects, gestures shallow and a result of infatuation?
How do you draw a line between love and infatuation?

>ask boys girls has too many questions
>>
People get too hung up on classification and compartmentalizing this shit.

If you are ONLY attracted to their sense of humor, speech defects, and gestures then yes it's PROBABLY infatuation - but these attractions can obviously also exist if you really do love someone.

IMO the line between love and infatuation comes when you can come to really understand and accept someone's flaws yet still care deeply for them and when you can honestly think "This is my partner (in life)." Marriage and all of that other stuff is when you formalize it, reinforce all the bonds and ties, and make it official.
>>
>>17200534
Okay, next question then
Am I still not gotten over if my heart instantly warms, when I see a different person acting similar?
Is it simply because of good memories?
>The person I talk about was the first to be truly nice to me
Or is it some duckling syndrome?
>>
what is infatuation
>>
>>17201114
Crushing hard on someone, seeing bits of them in everything, focusing on all the qualities that attract you
>>
I think you need to split the problem in two. Infatuation typically refers to having a short term crush. Shallowness typically refers to being attracted to a superficial trait. That's two different subjects to discuss. Someone can be infatuated by both shallow and non-shallow traits. Whether something is shallow is, of course, quite subjective. Typically, traits which depends on physical appearance are considered to fall on the shallow side.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.