[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How not to be socially retarded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
This is probably not gonna make any sense, I just need to get this off my chest.

I'm ugly as fuck, and was bullied in elementary school. Then I went to technical high school, which meant no girls. Then I went to technical university, which meant very little amount of girls.

I'm 23 now, and I lack social skills to talk with girls and shit. When I talk to a random girl, all I can talk about is school or work (because everyone does either one of those, and I kinda enjoy and am knowledgeable about both). I'd say I'm fairly intelligent, and I can talk about tech, science, politics and economy for a long time, and even make it iteresting, but not a lot girls like that. For example, when I'm in a pub with my lawyer guy friend, we can talk about interesting shit for hours, but I don't find that skill applicable to girls.

I think being ugly is a big part of the problem, since I don't approach girls just because I know they won't be interested. I plan to get fit soon, I know a lot about lifting, and I run regularly, just had to stop lifting because of school lately, but I think getting fit will help (so I'd have at least something physical that is good).

Anyone was in comparable sitation, and got better? Any tips?
>>
>>17199647
There really needs to a be a megathread that deals in this kind of 23+ social retardedness.

And no OP, I've never seen anyone successfully escape this situation, it just gets worse and worse. And I'm talking about sociability as a whole and not the just "no gf" part.
>>
Ask about them then use your knowledge to ask more specifics about them. Have they travelled? Do they want to travel? Where? Why? Replace travel with anything you pick up from them at first glance. Did you meet them at the gym? A social event? etc. Ask a girl about her and then give opinions of your own about their ideas.
>>
>>17199672
Sounds good. My problem probably is the low selfesteem, seems like I could do this shit, if I decided to approach the girl first.
>>
You are a techie ... make something smart ... sell it .. make a fortune .. then they will come to you.
>>
>>17199707
I already make a decent amount of money. And will probably get a job at Google/Microsoft type of a company by the end of the year. Money doesn't seem to be the problem or solution.
>>
You make a DECENT ... not a Fortune. Stop working for Google/MS ... build something of your own ... sell it .. make a FORTUNE ... and they will come. They come .. when the Porsche/Ferrari comes ...
>>
>>17199702
If you are worried about that you can try something like online dating. At least there you can be fairly sure that both parties are after a relationship, rather than just going up so some chick you like the look of and winging it.
>>
>>17199672
Watch and read sherlock holmes movies and books, and try to understand his charm. Maybe you can come up with something similar?
And I would suggest that you start watching popular/mainstream series etc like Game of Thrones so maybe you may find a common point.
Another way is not suitable for everyone but works always, Lear about girls like their girly stuff, Lear about skin care etc so maybe you can give them tipps etc.
>>
>>17199647
Damn, at first I misread the title and though someone finally wants to train in the arts of assburgers.

As for actual tips, it's super cool you're working out, but if you don't package yourself nicely, no one will know your torso looks like a huge, rock hard, disfigured cock. Actually, even if you're lil husky, you will look cooler than a fit guy that dresses shittier.

So research what body shape do you have naturally->what clothing would fit you. What colour complexion you have->what clothing colour would fit you. What face shape you have ->what hair best fits you. Keep your skin nice. Shower with a refreshing but not overpowering stuff. You don't need the body or the money, but you need to look like you have your shit together.

So then people find you approachable and you feel way less shit.
>>
>>17199647
I love the part where you several times say you have no experience with women yet you know what girls like and what they don't. I can bet you had more than 1 vagina in that school besides the cleaning lady, a vagina studying what you are, and you didn't even fart in her direction. Get out, talk to as many women as possible, even the cleaning ladies, and move to the next one if they are not into the same stuff you are into.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.