[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
plshelp.png
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: people are such sad creatures.png (137 KB, 242x395) Image search: [Google]
people are such sad creatures.png
137 KB, 242x395
>recently started therapy for social anxiety and possible personality disorder
>dont really understand therapist half the time and they don't seem to understand me either sometimes + can sometimes come across condescending
>been feeling worse if anything since I started
>been even worse since they've been in contact with my school bc school sends glowing reports to them every time I do something minor because im pretty sure it looks like im just bullshitting my way through it all
>been crying and shaking and covered in heat rash + short of breath all evening because of this whole situation
>very close to breaking my clean streak from self harm due to the resulting excess stress and invasive thoughts

Anyone have any experience quitting therapy? or that had similar experiences but kept pushing on with it and it got better?
>>
posted on my homeboard with no responses in close to half an hour but im pretty sure im having a drawn out anxiety attack so it feels like its been literally hours and the few irl friends I have arent online on fagbook or aren't responding if anyone has anything no matter how small that they think could possibly help in any way it would be much appreciated
>>
File: 4139223776_8f842cc818-1.jpg (127 KB, 388x333) Image search: [Google]
4139223776_8f842cc818-1.jpg
127 KB, 388x333
Perhaps you should find some hobbies. Like cooking
>>
Not sure what the problem you want advice on OP? You're saying therapy is boring and a waste of time? Yep that's pretty normal. It's rare to find a good therapist.
>>
>>17199212
cooking/baking is nice but difficult with binge&purge problems
>>
>>17199245
no, more that therapy is making me feel a hell of a lot worse and making my anxiety skyrocket but I have no idea how to quit it assertively and effectively, just tried to muster up the guts and work through a particularly bad bout of panic to talk to my grandmother who I live with and she pretty much blew me off instead of offering support, just suggested that I go for inpatient and stopped listening I dont know what to do or how to do it
>>
also, rarely venture out of r9k, is there possibly a better board for me to be asking about this on?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.