[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"get a shitty McJob so you have experience to put on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: mariayeskie.jpg.jpg (145 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mariayeskie.jpg.jpg
145 KB, 640x480
>"get a shitty McJob so you have experience to put on your resume!"

How long do I have to keep that job in order for it to "count"?
>>
>>17198674
who told you that nonsense?

you get a shitty mcjob so you have some money in your pocket while you look for something better
>>
>>17198674
I applied while entering. Mc.Donalds is the most suicide inducing job I've ever worked. Between the pay, the stigma, and the actual WORK itself combined with the fact that at mines you either ate their shit for lunch or dinner or you didn't eat during your 8 hour shift, it's a purgatory, unless you lack ambition or are a high school kid.
>>
>>17198674
approx 2 months is enough to put on a resume

although >>17198683
is right of course
>>
>>17198689
and there's something about making a sandwich out of ingredients pulled from tiny cabinets, and patties that were literally cooked on a conveyor belt that makes you never want to eat again

I worked at burger king though, might be slightly different from mcd's.
>>
Actually getting a shitty McJob has been proven to reduce your likelihood of getting a higher paying job later if you put it on your resume.
>>
File: Pepe_Anarchist.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Anarchist.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>17198706
>Work the grill at Mc.Donalds
>Mr.Shuckleberg advises to look at grill settings before cooking patties to make sure it's on beef for burgers and pork for sasuage patties
>mfw accidentally a whole batch of sausage on beef seeting
>didn't say anything and gave them out as normal
>>
>>17198674
Nobody will actually hire someone with McDicks on their resume, you've been trolled.
>>
>>17198724
billy badass over here look out guys
>>
File: Pepe_Hangin on teh bed.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Hangin on teh bed.png
688 KB, 460x628
>>17198745
>Working on fryers
>Have one specifically for chicken and one specifically for fish to avoid allergy
>drop fish one on floor during rushhour because they're kept in a small tin cup that tips over
>run cold water over it and use it
>Still make sure to not use it for the chicken, though
>>
OP I want you to listen carefully. 6 months is about enough for the skills you learn to count. a lot of people here are going "mcjob won't boost your resume, if anything it could hurt etc"

that's just not true. what you get from a mcjob:
-cash handling experience
-customer service experience
-working in a team experience
-food handling experience

Higher paying jobs that will hire you with just a HS degree and the above mentioned experience:
-Restaurants
-Front desk positions at any office building
-BANKS

Ask any bank employee what they were doing before they got in the banking industry, they'll say waiting tables, mcjob, something cash handling and customer service related. As long as you can sell yourself, 6 months work experience counts.

Source: Work at bank, previously scooped ice cream at a parlor
>>
>not just selling drugs and staying NEET forever.
>>
>>17198756
they aughta nail you to the cross senpai
>>
File: Smug Pepe.jpg (8 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
Smug Pepe.jpg
8 KB, 249x249
>>17198788
>Work in 15 minutes
>Really horny
>Fap out a quickie and rush to work
>Rushing so much, I forget to wash hands and immediately get in teh kitchen
>People working the grill don't work with gloves for whatever reason and we don't use the tongues because they're useless
>>
>>17198791
Honestly, as long as I didn't know about it, I wouldn't care if I ate your cum famhai
>>
>>17198779
You also forgot to mention business employers respect someone who's tougher it out at a shitty job like McShits and got a good reference than degrees and other crap like that.

Experience > qualifications and titles
>>
I've had over 20 jobs and I'm only 21. here's my tip. volunteer! before I had any working experience, I volunteered at the la convention center for an anime con. I've also volunteered at a film festival. volunteer to help you help build your resume/experience. help you stand out as well.theres a website to search for volunteer opportunities. don't remember doe
>>
>>17198689
>the fact that at mines you either ate their shit for lunch or dinner or you didn't eat during your 8 hour shift
Can't you bring in your own lunch?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.