[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone falsely accuse you of rape after a year since you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 625x625
Can someone falsely accuse you of rape after a year since you last had sex with them?

A girl messaged me angrily about how bad of a person I am and just used her for sex.
>>
>>17198673
>Can someone falsely accuse you of rape after a year since you last had sex with them?
yes
>>
>>17198673
look up what the statute of limitations is, I think it's more than a year but she'll have a hell of a time proving you did it after this long, even if you did do it.

basically she's feeling shitty about her decision to have casual sex and wants to put the blame on you now. do not say anything at all to her.
>>
sure, you can accuse anyone of anything

kinda hard to prove though
>>
File: bill cosby.jpg (13 KB, 480x254) Image search: [Google]
bill cosby.jpg
13 KB, 480x254
>>17198673
Yes they can, Bill.
>>
File: 2740194891.jpg (67 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
2740194891.jpg
67 KB, 540x534
>>17198673

>be american't
>have consensual sex
>go2 jail 4 rape a year later

lmfao
>>
>>17198693
did you miss out on the whole bill cosby thing?
>>
>>17198701
Well it's been like 11 months. She thought i was still in love with her for 3 weeks after so she probably waited. I haven't heard any knocks on my door from the police.
>>
>>17198673
Is it rape if you lie about your intentions/feelings, but you both consented to the sex?

On the one hand is consensual, but on the other hand it's misrepresentation which can be a crime.
>>
>>17198701
>look up what the statute of limitations

*claps*

Yes, anyone can accuse you of rape at any time, but your state's statute of limitations will determine if it is still possible for them to initiate legal action.

Here in Virginia it never expires. Save those texts, though, because if she's accusing you of being emotionally manipulative and using her for sex that's quite different from you raping her.
>>
>>17198847
>Is it rape if you lie about your intentions/feelings, but you both consented to the sex?

Good question - some states have laws that specifically do say that rape or sexual assault includes intercourse induced by deception. I think Virginia used to have this, but I can't find it right now. I think in some states it's specific that you have to be pretending to be the person's actual spouse or lover (someone else). I've heard in some South American country you can have sex with kids down to age 13 if you intend to marry them, but it's statutory rape if you lie to them about your intent to marry them.
>>
>>17198847
Depends on the seriousness of the lie. It definitely could be, considering it would quite obviously be rape if your twin brother impersonated you and fucked your wife.
>>
Trick: digital recorder in a pocket or some shit. Before you start it up, press record. Get her talking before you get at it. Leave it recording as much of the night as possible. I don't know the legal problems with recording w/o permission but it sure as fuck isn't as bad as getting destroyed for false rape.
>>
>>17198673
yes, ask Bill Crosby
>>
Colleges will believe her and ruin your life
If you're out of school you're good
>>
>>17198847
you have to pull an Uther Pendragon, and disguise yourself as her husband, for that to apply.
or propose, get engaged, and then call the wedding off.
>>
>>17198673
>Can someone falsely accuse you of rape after a year since you last had sex with them?
They can try. Getting it to stand up in court is going to prove rather difficult, though.

>>17198847
>Is it rape if you lie about your intentions/feelings, but you both consented to the sex?
This depends on who you ask. I would expect most courts in this day and age to do whatever they can to punt on the issue: there are no jurists who want to be the ones to pin this down in law. Personally, I would call it a type of aggravated fraud.

>>17199573
>I don't know the legal problems with recording w/o permission
Depends on the jurisdiction. In "ome-party states" you have to have permission from at least one of the parties to the conversation (which can be you, if you are also a party to the conversation). In "two-party states" you need permission from ALL parties to the conversation. Both types have their ups and downs.
>>
>>17198673
While you will quite likely be able to do it because you're a female (males have to deal with these issues), I would not recommend that from a moral PoV

People who falsely accuse of rape should be given the sentence that would have been given to a rapist otherwise
>>
>>17198816
I doubt they would have evidence past this point.
>>
>>17199829
I hope so I mean she never said she would accuse me of anything and she said she said he had a good time after sex and I stayed the night. I doubt so but would they even press charges if she one day decided to go to the police?

Would it go to trial is my question.
>>
>>17199783
>People who falsely accuse of rape should be given the sentence that would have been given to a rapist otherwise
If it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that there was intent to deceive the court? then yes. But I suspect that in practice, this would prove to be almost as difficult to demonstrate to judicial satisfaction as rape itself often is, and maybe even harder. Ultimately it wouldn't change the outcome or even act as deterrent.
>>
>>17199843
>Would it go to trial is my question.
Tough to say. Prosecutors are subject to the same kind of weaponized statistics as lawyers and teachers these days, and because of that, I suspect that many of them would be reluctant to bring your case before a grand jury. Even if they did, convincing the grand jury would be difficult this far after the fact, assuming no hard evidence. But this could happen.
>>
>>17198673
>falsely accuse you of rape
Oh boy, the MRA have arrived
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.