[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life went from horrible, to amazing, to "I want to die"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 2C2epOI.jpg (32 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2C2epOI.jpg
32 KB, 480x270
Life went from horrible, to amazing, to "I want to die" in less than a month

>22 year old virgin who has never kissed a girl because of sheltered lifestyle growing up
>Meet cute girl at college who shares many similar interests
>Month or so goes by and we become really good friends
>Honestly the only real friend I've ever had
>Share each others most personal secrets
>I fall in love with her

At this point I thought I had a chance to be happy for the first time in my life

>Hanging out yesterday
>Tell her I love her because if I didn't I would have imploded
>She tells me shes not looking for a relationship because she is scared of heartbreak due to past relationship troubles
>Told her I understand and let her know I just want her to be happy and I'm always going to be here for her
>Find out today she went on a date with a guy today she literally met for 5 minutes while we were hanging out the day before
>Find this out minutes ago

So here I am shaking with rage and drowning in sadness while my head feels like a war zone, the first person I've ever loved or felt a connection with and then all that happens.

The one time in my life that I was happy, and it was devastated.

What do I do now?
>>
>>17198646
Ask her why she lied.

It's fine she doesn't have feelings for you, but if she was a real friend she would have been honest.
>>
>>17198646

Take the red pill and go down the rabbithole of depression and social anxiety like the rest of us.
>>
>>17198712

this. don't overcomplicate things and drop the histrionics.

and if she's a flake, better to find out now.
>>
>>17198712

I did, she said she wasn't jumping into it.

What she is doing is base jumping.
>>
>>17198712
don't do this, just let her go man. she doesn't feel the same way about you and thats the best reason she could come up with to let you down easy

LET IT GO
>>
>>17198729
She is trying to corroborate her previous lie so she doesn't have to admit to you that she isn't attracted. Attraction is important, and as you kiddos are discovering for the first time every single day, women are generally less confrontational and prefer a "white lie" over making you feel like an ugly worthless shit to the person you're infatuated with.
>>
>>17198735

How do I let it go? This is the first time I've even been in love and I don't even know what I'm doing. Nothing even feels real anymore.
>>
>>17198744
the best method is to not see her again or talk to her ever. it will be hard at first no doubt but after a year you'll begin to forget what she looked like
>>
>>17198646
I guess I'll be the one person to offer a different take on the situation - while it might have just been an excuse, you did tell her you love her, which is a world apart from a first date with someone you've just met. Going out on one date with a stranger is dipping your toe in the water, going out with someone who has already decided they are in love is a dive into the deep end. If I was looking to ease myself back in after a bad breakup it wouldn't be with someone ready to devote themselves to me, I would be looking for something much more casual.
>>
>>17198757

That's kinda hard when I see her every day to do classes and dropping her from my mind when it's been the only thing on it for a month.
>>
>>17198762

Why would she risk heartbreak with someone she doesn't even know? Something is not adding up.
>>
>>17198764
Dude, it's someone you've known for a month, you have super intense feelings because to you this is some special relationship that you've never had before, but I'm sure she's had plenty of close friends before, especially ex boyfriends. I would recommend going on a vacation and try to have a little fling, usually they are super intense due to the understanding that they will not last more than a week or something. You need to learn that those feelings of love are just a biological response to a certain set of conditions, and that you are just more thirsty for love than the average guy
>>
>>17198773
Dude, what fucking heartbreak. It's a first date with a stranger. Maybe after 5-6+ dates she'll catch real feelings, but adults generally don't fall in love after hanging out with someone a handful of times
>>
>>17198764
like i said it's hard but nothings going to change her mind and you clawing desperately at something thats not there is just going to cause you to lose confidence. once classes are over it should get easier
>>
>>17198646
Very similar thing happened to me today, but I didn't say love and she said she wasn't the type of girl for relationships.

The truth is that a girl saying they aren't looking for a relationship is just a girl trying to turn you down easy and remain friends. It comes out mean and dishonest, but she wasn't trying to hurt you, she's just not interested in you in that way.
>>
>>17198775

How do I even find someone to have a fling with? I have 0 experience with these things. Literally the only reason me and this girl connected at all was because we both had a shocking amount of things in common.
>>
>>17198797
Maybe try a cruise ship, chat with people in the hottub or the bar at night, if you meet a single girl she is probably open to a super short term romance. Definitely never use the word love again with anyone you are not already dating for a few months - that's a number one way to scare people off. I'm not saying you had any chance with this girl, but if you had approached her with - hey, I'm kinda into you or something casual like that, there is a possibility that things might have turned out differently. Think of your relationship like a scale. If you put a small weight on one side, the other side would move upwards a bit, if you drop a massive weight, whatever is on the other side will go flying.
>>
>>17198811

Any ideas for something cheaper than a cruise? Working on a college student budget.
>>
>>17198735
I didn't say to explode at her, just ask a simple question.

He should leave because she's already proved to not be interested and not a very good friend, but it's nice to have closure and know exactly what she was thinking. If see was actually his friend, should would have just been honest
>>
>>17198818
they may be cheaper than you think, especially a 4-5 night. check groupon for some cheap vacations. All inclusive type spots are good too - the point is to go somewhere that people are sort of "stuck" together for the duration. I recommend vacation flings for getting over a broken heart, but in reality your problem is that as a kissless virgin, your romantic emotional maturity is probably at the high school level at best - you are bound to get super attached to almost any somewhat attractive girl who will spend time with you. I would recommend trying online dating - whether it's tinder or okcupid or whatever, you can get a feel for romance without having to throw all your feelings into it. I recommend a dating site that costs actual money, since girls are more likely to actually reply and shit. Again check groupon, you can sometimes get a 1-3 month deal for match or some other site. Do some casual dating and you will mature. The best way to get over this shit is to get some romantic experience.
>>
>>17198842

>but in reality your problem is that as a kissless virgin, your romantic emotional maturity is probably at the high school level at best - you are bound to get super attached to almost any somewhat attractive girl who will spend time with you

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a pity fuck out of her to at least fix the first part of that issue.
>>
>>17198881
Honestly, I don't think that a pity fuck from the girl you love before cutting you out of her life would be a great solution. It certainly wouldn't help you in maturing. There are other ways to lose your virginity that will not forever be a bitter memory. You do probably have chances with girls, you just need to meet them. try the online dating - even if you don't really like the girl, you can at least try to get laid.
You can earn some pussy in a fun way instead of a heartbreaking one. On Halloween I went out to a beer festival, on the way home I met a group of guys who lived in my neighborhood who had been at the event, we took the subway home together, then wound up heading to a beer garden. We were there a while without much luck, but then met a group of people, where there was only one single chick. the subject of one of the guy's virginity came up(older than you), and the chick who was cute and had a nice body took him into the closet and relieved him of it. It wasn't a pity fuck, she enjoyed being able to be his first and got off on how into it he was and shit. At college, parties would be the place for that kind of shit I guess, although you are above drinking age, so maybe not? Try and make some male friends I guess, I never met any of them again, but some men act brotherly when drunk and plenty of dudes would probably give you an assist for the awesome story or comraderie and shit. I was 100% in that guy's corner despite being a complete stranger.
Just don't mention being kissless, virginity is ok, and will get certain kinds of people on your side - they want to do a good deed, but it's weird to people from outside the internet. It wouldn't make a difference to me, but it makes you seem more like a weirdo than a nice guy who just hasn't had a chance. Make up a story of some kind if necessary, even just a pity kiss at the prom or some shit. Sorry to be so down on this, but you really don't want to evoke the Elliot Rogers type stuff.
>>
>>17198646
Are you sure you're not in highschool?

The biggest mistake is becoming friends with a female first, and then trying to go out with them. You see someone you're interested in? Ask them out. Kind of like what happened with that guy that your female friend just met and went on a date with

Anyway, you're friendzoned, there's nothing you can do about it. Move on.
>>
>>17198646
Dude, I wrote a lot of shit without even mentioning the very best solution. You are a college student. Your school most likely has some sort of on campus counseling service (in the sense of free therapy). Go talk with a professional, ask them to help you set goals for exploring romance. Talking about depression and anxiety is all well and good, but having an outside force pushing you towards your goal is the key thing to getting through tough times like these. Good luck, Dude.
>>
>>17198646
>So here I am shaking with rage

Stop. Just stop.

I'll tell you this, you'v got no right telling her what to do. That said, she's a lying skank.

Talk to her once about her date. Ask her how it went then ask her if she was already over past relationship troubles. Make her feel morally inferior for lying.
>>
>>17198646
Your life went to shit in a month, it can go back to happy in a month. As for the girl, the fact that she couldn't even understand her own emotional state or have the courage and decency to give you an HONEST rejection is a huge red flag.

You are angry as she hurt your pride, but she herself probably isn't much to begin with. Go hit the gym and make friends to regain your confidence and don't initiate contact with this bitch again. If she talks first just give brief replies and try to let the friendship die out.

Move on, you deserve better.
>>
File: DSEga2b.jpg (50 KB, 552x615) Image search: [Google]
DSEga2b.jpg
50 KB, 552x615
>>17198646
Block her on everything and avoid her. She doesn't deserve you. I know it hurts I had the same expierence.
>ask girl out
>said "she will think about it"
>not given a answer for three weeks
>knew she never cared about me in that way
>asks me to get her booze and cigarettes
>Fuck that
>she eventually comes back with an answer
>"no I've been dating someone this entire time while I made you wait haha. Can we still be friends? XD"
>WTF.EXE
>be pissed for a while and decided fuck this cow I'm never engaging conversation with her
>Block her on everything
>move the fuck on
>self development, study and longboarding
>life is going great
>hear after a while that people are pretty annoyed with how she treated me
>hear "OP is such a kind guy and actually had great compassion for you and you fucked him over you bitch
>get rekt m8
>qt 3.14 comes into my life
>she likes memes
>Said she wants to go out on a date next Monday
>feelsgudman.exe
>>
>>17198646
She just doesn't like you like that, get over yourself and just enjoy her company
>>
sometimes people just dont like you and that's totally ok
the best thing to do is move on because eventually you wil find someone if you keep looking
>>
>>17199370
>>>she likes memes
like literally everyone on reddit? wew

Anyway, OP, this is standard and happened to a lot of us including myself. Just understand that she doesn't have feelings for you and she lied to you cause she didn't want to make an (even more) awkward situation and this was the best response she found. I wouldn't hold it against her, and I would try to slowly moving on by focusing on other hobbies and other people. It'll take time but you'll have to deal with it, and try not to be an asshole in the meantime
>>
Thanks for the advice everyone. I slept on it and woke up feeling a bit better.

I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow, but at least I don't feel like it's the end of the world anymore.
>>
>>17198646

How does her going out on a date with someone else means she's looking for a relationship? Sometimes people just go on dates for kicks
>>
>>17198646

>Falling in love with someone you've known for only a month

You can like someone or think they're cool, but generally it is never advisable to just fall in love with everyone who shows interest in you.

In this case you only like this woman cause she was your first ever real friend. You already admitted this so chances are she picked up on this when she found out you don't have that many friends to begin with.

Please do not make the mistake of latching onto women just cause they showed you positive attention.
>>
>>17199370

Is this what kids on /b/ fantasize about all day?
>>
>>17198646
I know this is a copypasta, but I know there are people out there just like this, I used to be like this during high school at 13-17 and I had to learn the hard way.

>Girls WANT something they can't have
>Girls NEVER want to hear "I'll always be there for you, I just want you to be happy"
>Girls LOVE a guy that's selfish, they love trying to meet his demands
>Girls LOVE guys that aren't afraid to make fun of them and fuck with them
>Girls LOVE guys that have girls already into them
>Girls LOVE guys that don't care, BUT are seductive and charming with their words
>Girls LOVE a challenge
>Girls are literal whores (not even in a bad way, that's a good thing for you)

Once you hook 1 in, you can hook more in and the pussy pile continues.

There is no beta and alpha, there are only guys that don't know shit and guys who know BECAUSE they have experienced it. Love is a lie, there is only lust, girls are easily tempted and have no self control. Girls want a man that is in control of his life and KNOWS what he wants. Girls will cheat faster than you can imagine when they encounter a man who is "exciting".

TLDR

>Get in the best shape possible (no excuse)
>Go outside and make friends (connections)
>Learn to flirt
>Learn to not give a fuck and have fun
>Love isn't real, you're just horny
>Never say I love you to a girl
>Never give her the feeling that she "has" you, she should always feel like shes chasing after you

Honestly, you fucked up at
>Month or so goes by and we become really good friends

Should've asked her out on a date and immediately you would've known if you guys had chemistry, if not, you wouldn't have been dragged on this long, you probably could've fucked her, but you fucked up.
>>
>>17199941
just wanted to let you know you're an idiot
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.