[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when your bf is depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: received_1108781912495627.jpg (152 KB, 1701x1080) Image search: [Google]
received_1108781912495627.jpg
152 KB, 1701x1080
What do you do when your bf is depressed?
>>
Quick, suck his dick!

Just kidding, that won't help. If you were the right person for him you wouldn't have to ask. He wouldn't be depressed because your very existence would flood him with joy and the motivation to live. But well.. you're you.

Maybe forcefeed him some antidepressants.
>>
>>17198363
nice troll
>>
Be supportive, don't overwhelm him either.
I guess there is a point where you really have to step in.
>>
He tells me that I do wonders for him, that before I came into his life he had absolutely no one he cared about.

He just gets into these moods where he feels worthless and that nothing he does matters. I used to worry about him committing suicide, but he promised me that he wouldn't do that to me because he loves me too much and wouldn't want to hurt me like that. I do believe that.

It really breaks my heart to see him so sad, and sometimes he lets me hold him while he cries into me, but other times he pushes me away because then he feels worse when I feel bad too.

When he's happy, it's the best thing in the world. He makes stupid puns with me and is just so much fun to be around and we just talk about everything and anything. I tell him that he deserves to be as happy as he makes me.

Sometimes it's all good days and sometimes it's all bad.
>>
>>17198388
You have to decide if it's something you can deal with. He might always have ups and downs. You might not be able to do anything to fully stop that. It isn't a failure on your end or his end, depression is just rough.
All relationships have ups and downs. Just need to decide if the bad times are worth the good.
>>
>>17198401

Part of me is terrified that he will either fall into a deeper darker depression or kill himself. He's not dependent of me for happiness, but I do bring him more than when he was alone. When I was single, it was just a constant state of mediocrity. With him, have times where I feel awful and times that bring me so much joy. I'd say my overall enjoyment of life is better with him. He has made me more understanding and more caring towards others.
>>
Lol, just fuck him
>>
>>17198388
M is this you? A here
>>
>>17198357
Your initials wouldn't happen to be B.D. would they?
>>
File: 077.png (261 KB, 463x361) Image search: [Google]
077.png
261 KB, 463x361
anal
>>
>>17198447
Make him start therapy and encourage medication. Make him exercise. Make him get out and do something.

View his depression as a man that WANTS him to crumble, and become lethargic and inactive. You are being a crutch by letting him cry bitch tears on your shoulder. You could be helping his depression. Depression beats you by making you want to stay in your comfort zone as it saps your energy.

Don't be cruel or inconsiderate, just encourage him to seek methods of help. My gf forced me to go into therapy when I was having regular episodes and it's one of the best things to ever happen to me. I'm grateful to her to this day for that.

Exercise is also probably more effective than any medication, therapy, or combination of both you will ever try.
>>
Google spanking therapy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.