[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to go to college but I can't afford it, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1441403868571.jpg (96 KB, 682x518) Image search: [Google]
1441403868571.jpg
96 KB, 682x518
I want to go to college but I can't afford it, especially if I switched to part-time hours. My family can't help me.
I'm afraid to take loans because something bad might happen and I'd be in debt for the rest of my life, like my mother.
What do I do?
>>
have you ever considered joining the military?

join the navy or air force so you don't have to worry about getting shot at (or shooting people), pick a job that teaches you a trade that seems interesting, learn some discipline, see the world, grow up a bit, and make some friends. Then in 4 years when you're done with your enlistment the government will pay for your college.
>>
>>17198240
This. I'm in the Coast Guard now. When I get out I'll have all kinds of benefits and free college. Almost done too. Prior service looks good on your resume also. Not to mention I've been to some really cool places.
>>
>>17198270
yeah would have mentioned the CG too but they have like a 2 year waitlist atm
>>
>>17198240
>>17198270
Can you become a doctor this way?
I don't know if I want to see the places the military would take me to.
>>
>>17198290
your undergrad will be completely covered but I'm not sure about after that, you should talk to a recruiter about it

>I don't know if I want to see the places the military would take me to.
what do you mean? When I was in the navy I went to all sorts of cool places like Singapore, Thailand, Japan, South Korea a whole bunch. I was mostly in the far east but I went all over the world. As long as you don't join the army/marines you shouldn't have to worry about getting sent to war.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.