[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really sad, because I really like a close friend of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: sad pepe.gif (826 KB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.gif
826 KB, 696x478
I'm really sad, because I really like a close friend of mine, so I decided to ask her out, she rejected me and said she isn't interested in dating or relationships, what should I do? I can't cut her out of my life.
>>
You took a gamble. And you lost. You should have prepared yourself for both outcomes
>>
>>17198157
Yeah, been there, don't be a bitch and CUT HER OUT.
Not necessarily permanently, but you have yo cut her out for awhile to reset properly, otherwise you'll harbour feeling for her for god knows how long.
>>
>>17198159
Probably, but I need to know what I can do now, she somehow doesn't find this awkward so it's not her, it's just me having a great feeling of longing.
>>
You have to cut her out of your life, at least temporarily. I've been in the same situation senpai
>>
>>17198157
this isn't directly related to your question but something to get you in a proper frame of mind

she said she's not interested in relationships but what this really means is she's not interested in a relationship with you, saying that would have been cruel though. In the future when she gets into a relationship with someone else don't start thinking THAT FUCKING BITCH LIED TO ME WHEN SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T WANT A RELATIONSHIP.
>>
>>17198191
If that's what she would actually be thinking, that would make me seriously hate her.
>>
>>17198193
Lol, that's definitely what she's thinking. That's what all girls are thinking when they say that.
>>
>>17198212
That really does make me not want to talk to her anymore.
>>
>>17198176
Well, it looks like you have two options, keep her in your life by being her friend, or remove her from your life. Life sucks, OP. It hardly ever works out the way we want it to.
>>
>>17198193
Time to grow up, kiddo. Women are afraid of hurting your feelings. Brutal honesty does not come easy to them, and blaming her for that is childish.

>>17198220
At least it'll help your current problem.
>>
>>17198221
She seems to want to keep being friends in that she's still chatting me up and things, and we do have a lot invested into each other in a friendly way. I might just not have to talk to her for awhile is what it may come down to.

>>17198228
So I shouldn't blame her for not liking me like that?
>>
Have you ever had somebody ask you out, and when you turn them down, they suddenly start demanding what amount to a 5-page essay on every single reason why you won't date them and either giving you tons of shit for declining to answer or forcing you to be honest and then blowing up when you are?

Have you ever had somebody not take no for an answer and become exceedingly invasive and creepy and start stalking you or forcing themselves on you because you're "playing coy" and you obviously want them even when you said no?

Have you ever had this happen with somebody who is normally larger than you, stronger than you, and who you have had everybody warn you about since you were young (carry your keys as a weapon, carry pepper spray, never walk alone at night, always lock your car doors, never meet a man you don't know well alone, never accept a drink from a man at a bar, always keep your drink to yourself to make sure nobody drugs it, etc etc etc)

Women are evasive like this as a measure of protection.
>>
>>17198235
I don't blame women for protection, a lot of men are only out to get into their pants.
>>
>>17198234
>So I shouldn't blame her for not liking me like that?
You're goddamn right, how would you feel if someone you found unattractive asked you out and threw a fit when you tried to reject them without being insulting? I can imagine if you're not an asshole you would consider lies too.

>I might just not have to talk to her for awhile
Sounds like you've got it mostly figured out now. Continuing friendship is nice but sometimes your mind can fuck with you.
>>
>>17198255
What if she gets shitty, that I don't talk to her or respond to her texts?
>>
>>17198276
Buddy, you should be more concerned about your own mental health over whether or not your friend gets mad at you for not talking to her for a while. Continuing to be friends with a girl after being rejected can seriously fuck with you. If she doesn't understand that, then you need to find a new friend.
>>
>>17198965
Yeah you're right, I don't want to go nuts or suicidal over this shit, it's not worth it.
>>
>>17198157
Keep asking. Be smooth.

>still don't want to go out with me?
>c'mon let's go to the movies
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.