[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Tinder work well for a guy? I'm average looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Tinder_logo_070214.jpg (36 KB, 1460x913) Image search: [Google]
Tinder_logo_070214.jpg
36 KB, 1460x913
What makes Tinder work well for a guy?

I'm average looking and 29.
>>
Oh and I don't care for anything other than sex, really.
>>
learn to take good profile pictures and how to write better profile descriptions
>>
>>17197782
Better is subjective. There's a certain type of thing that works well, clearly.

One suggestion is "Take a picture with your cat" which I would do if I still had one.
>>
>>17197782
>>17197784
And I should mention I've been using it for less than an hour.
>>
Used to be really average looking and insecure.

I put so much effort into my profile and was constantly looking for advice from other people. I even had someone take like semi-professional photos of me doing cool stuff just for my Tinder profile. I did alright but it was always a struggle and never got anything above a 7.

Couple years later of me getting into crazy good shape, I created a new Tinder profile. This time I just put a picture of myself wearing a really tight shirt accentuating my huge arms as my main picture and then a bunch of shirtless pictures showing off my abs.

I was getting matches with 9's and 10's left and right and even started getting superliked by thirsty bitches.

Tinder is a meat market. You will only be as successful as you are physically attractive. All those girls saying they're not looking for hook ups or they just want intelligent conversations blabla are so full of shit, every chick on there is just trying to get dicked by someone with rock hard abs and big arms.

If you're average looking you need to set your standard to below average girls, e.g. chubbies.
>>
>>17197774

Call yourself "Wife_beater29", Post a semi-/pol/ / /r9k/ rant about how you need to teach a woman her place in lieu of a bio.

Go a couple of days without shaving, put on a dirty shirt and if you are skinny, stuff a pillow under the shirt too. Take a picture and post it.

Lastly, leave a rather hateful message in your profile about you're only "here because my friends been bugging me to try online dating... I think it's fucking pathetic".

I promise you, they'll contact you first.
>>
>>17197787
>You will only be as successful as you are physically attractive
I sorta heard the opposite of this. Like a guy who thought himself a 4/10 and was 5'4' got a lot of sex.
>>
>>17197803
>got a lot of sex

There's tons of fat and ugly girls on tinder so having a lot of sex doesn't necessarily mean a lot.

If you want to have sex with an attractive female you are going to have to be more attractive than her.
>>
>>17197787
time to get some roids...
>>
Put "not looking for anything serious" in your profile.

Offer girls weed or alcohol.

Be good looking.
>>
>>17197851
>Be good looking.
I'm decent looking. I guess. I've never been that social so this isn't something I've focused a lot of attention on. But all my friends that have seen me say I'm cute. But they're friends, so you can't trust them.

I wish I had a way of showing it to any of you without turning this into a troll thread. Like I know I'm not bad looking.

If there's any strike against me, I'm certainly not ripped, or extremely tall. I'm 5'7". MEH.

But as for
>Offer girls weed or alcohol.
Never smoked weed. And alcohol, sadly, just makes me sleepy. And that's just boring.
>>
>>17197864
>no weed or drinking

Too bad dude. Sluts love to party.
>>
>>17197865
I dunno what weed even does to me. I'm not opposed to doing it, I just don't have it nor know any sources of it.
>>
Move to San Francisco.

Most guys on Tinder here are Asian guys who no one wants or out of shape techies. Most of the jacked, attractive dudes are gay. Very little competition here so you'll pull a lot as an average looking guy, especially if you are white. Thirsty asian girls everywhere.
>>
>>17197874
I am quite broke.
>>
>>17197824

I went from average to looking like zac efron in neighbors in 7 months thanks to roiding
>>
And I guess that's another thing.
>>17197875
I'm not technically what most people would call employed. I'm a freelancing artist. There's nothing you could say to me that stings worse than my every day life.

Obviously this doesn't help my chances, but if I'm just out there hook up, how much does it really hurt it?
>>
>>17197774
>average looking

You already lost.
>>
>>17197901
Nah I'll be fine.
-These other anons tell me.
>>
>>17197810
>If you want to have sex with an attractive female you are going to have to be more attractive than her.
Eh. I can see it as making it a lot easier, but as a prerequisite?

And let's be real here, girls are more attractive than guys. We can't out-attractive them. That's sort of their thing.
>>
1) Be attractive.
2) Don't be unattractive.
3) However, see below.

The thing to understand about Tinder is that it is not a dating app. It's a hookup app, designed for casual flings and one-night stands, not for starting relationships. Its creators have been quite open and honest about that. But when that's what you're going for, it really is all about looks. They make a few shallow nods to personality, but no one pays any more attention to these than is necessary to figure out that you aren't clearly dysfunctional, obsessive, or politically opposed.

Where the redpillers go wrong is that they don't understand the difference between hookup culture and dating culture (or anything else, for that matter). They think all interaction between men and women works this way. And so they get into their bullshit over what really just amounts to sour grapes over failing in the hookup culture (as most people do, but most people get the fuck over it and move on).

But within the context of Tinder and kik and their ilk specifically, they have slightly more of a point. Still only slightly -hypergamy is not a thing and evopsych is bullshit- but in this one narrow area, it really is all about looks.
>>
Who knows I have never got a single match on tinder and I liked every single picture and person on there.
>>
>>17198134
What were your pics like?
>>
>>17198134
Has anyone aside from this guy got no matches on tinder?
>>
>>17198088
I'm a virgin so take what I say with heaping handfuls of salt, but doesn't sexually attractiveness serve as a prerequisite for almost all of dating?

If someone doesn't like your looks but they like your personality you usually end up in the "friendzone". People of like-attractiveness end up with each other. The only thing I see different about Tinder is that standards for all women shoot way up. They want to fuck up, not across.
>>
>>17198134
I'm going to give a little tip here that I never see anywhere but makes a huge difference for me.
If you want maximum possible matches you have to open tinder every 1-2 hours and like the first 10 women that show up. Make sure the app is completely closed before you do this. If it's running in the background it won't load new matches. If you've been liked by anyone between that time they will show up in the first 5 usually.
Blowing all your likes in one sitting is the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>17198258
>If you want maximum possible matches you have to open tinder every 1-2 hours and like the first 10 women that show up.
Why does this work?
>>
>>17197774
>29 year old male
>Is on tinder and not married with kids

Lmaoing @ ur life
>>
File: 1463951236517.gif (607 KB, 187x220) Image search: [Google]
1463951236517.gif
607 KB, 187x220
>>17198296
>marriage
>with our current divorce rates and courts in place
>>
>>17198296
>fell for the "jump into commitment asap or people will make fun of you" bandwagon
>part of the reason divorce rates are so high
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.