[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one ever initiate socially? I have acquaintances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-05-22_1249.png (125 KB, 420x233) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-22_1249.png
125 KB, 420x233
Why does no one ever initiate socially?

I have acquaintances who won't speak to me, they simply reply. This extends to girls as well. I'm pretty sure I could disappear tonight and no one but my boss would notice. Is it me? Am I don't something wrong? I'm not a charismatic master, but I like to think I can hold a conversation.
>>
It's because you're a weeb
>>
They're just not that into you, stupid animeposter.
>>
File: 65437.png (66 KB, 358x275) Image search: [Google]
65437.png
66 KB, 358x275
>>17197765
>The hundreds, if not thousands of people you've met and socialized with aren't interested in what they saw in you.

O-Ok...So, how much are guns going for these days?
>>
>>17197786
armslist.com
>>
>>17197786
Why did you delete your other post?
>>
>>17197755

Because you're a whiny, depressed pleb with a defeatist attitude and I'd literally prefer beating my own shins to mush with a cricket bat then spent 5 minutes letting your pitiful energy turn my day into garbage.

Your shitty attitude leaks into every aspect of your life and people avoid it like the plague. How can you expect people to view you as significant and engaging when you are dead set on believing you aren't?

Your confidence is shit, kid, and everyone can see it.
>>
>>17197791
Bad spelling. I re-wrote it the same, just with fixes.

>>17197793
Who's confident with no friends?
You need friends to be happy, you need to be happy to make friends. Once you fall through and have zero friends, there's no going back. Literally no one wants to be friends with someone who has none already. It's "weird".
>>
You trying to befriend the wrong people
>>
>>17197755
Im on the opposite end of it

I got a friend who i used to talk a lot but i wasn't able to reply for a few months and he used to send me messages every day

Now he never does, im not sure if i did something wrong or if he thinks im ignoring him or whatever because i was pretty much his only friend

Both sides are fucked
But come on someone has to talk to you sometime, join a club where people like whatever you like
>>
>>17197755
Is this in person or online? If it's online, 99% of the people are afraid of initiating conversations. People online are scared, shy and incredibly passive, so you're gonna have to do it yourself. Once you solidify your friendship then it all goes back to normal; they're gonna have you in their minds, so they're gonna seek you out.

If this is in person then there's no way to answer this without more information. It could range from you being unpleasant to people around you being complete assholes.
>>
>>17197906
I haven't had a friend since I dropped outta high school. I'm 24 now.

How do you make friends? I only really enjoy video games and other dumb media stuff. I was thinking of joining a table-top gaming club near me, but I've never played any of those games and idk if I'd enjoy it.

I talk to people at work and coworkers a lot. But I don't understand how you go from an acquaintance to a friend. Like do they invite you somewhere or you them? That seems weird to me.
>>
>>17197799
Pretty much in the same situation. Once you reach zero and are beyond a certain age you're just fucked.
>>
>>17197993

okay, you see that wierdness when you imagine that?

thats normal.

thats your social sense telling you "i have not achieved a significant enough familiarity to place this person in a different classification than they are now in my mind."

so if you're in that space, stop to think why before you ignore this important safety mechanism.

sometimes you don't want shit to do with a co-worker and you'd be better off meeting people cold with similar interest, like a TTG group.

sometimes its the other way around. too many factors to get into.

but quit being so fucking down on yourself and spend some of that brain power on critical thinking about your problem.
>>
>>17198204
That's not true
It seems harder but you have to just keep getting out more and trying
>>
>>17197755
Stop thinking people will be nice to you because you ARENT a retard. They will only initiate with you if you provide them something.

What is your Value to them. Are you a great listener when they need it, do you give good advice, do you make them laugh, do you make them cum, do they enjoy being around you?

Provide value to them and they will initiate contact. It can be as simple as inviting them out first and being a good and reliable friend.

Not being a japanophile boring fucking weeb might also be to your benefit.
>>
>>17198748
That might be the case in your area, in mine there's really nothing to go out for. Plus add the elements of social awkwardness and anxiety and you've got a fun mix.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.