[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm feeling more and more depressed with the idea of going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1336242561924.jpg (49 KB, 400x364) Image search: [Google]
1336242561924.jpg
49 KB, 400x364
I'm feeling more and more depressed with the idea of going to university and getting a job as the sole plan of my life. It seems like there's no alternatives.

What could possibly be done instead? Not going to school just results in a shitty job, and no job results in homelessness.

All I really want is to grab a backpack and hit the roads. Wander the world until I find a place where I can be at peace.
>>
>>17196102

u sound miserable. it's because you're low on serotonin and that happens when you have a leaky gut. fix your leaky gut so you can absorb all the nutrients you need and produce the serotonin. that will make you feel normie enough to wanna go to school and get a shitty job just like all the other normies out there.
>>
>>17196102
if you simplify it to such extremes then yes those are the only things in your plan. However, if you look at it this way: University will let you meet like-minded friends and discover hobbies/interests that you might not have done otherwise

Getting a job provides you with a steady income that allows you to fund those hobbies (such as road trips), not every job has you working from 9 AM to 9 PM 7 days a week with no downtime. There are plenty out there with very reasonable hours that give you a lot of time to do what interests you.
>>
>>17196102
Create an alternative path. Yes, you need a job to make money, but that doesn't have to be your sole plan. During my time in uni, I have found a very like-minded person who plans to enter the same career field as me. We plan to work for roughly 10 years to compile enough money for a startup plan for a business.

Want to know where this begins? It starts by majoring in a certain field and choosing a career to get experience.

A year ago I had the same attitude that you did. I didn't know what it was that would make me happy, until I found my own sense of purpose. Uni is the perfect time to chase after your ambitions and discover your passions.
>>
>>17196102
>All I really want is to grab a backpack and hit the roads. Wander the world until I find a place where I can be at peace.

>I'm more special than everyone else, so I don't have to work to make my way in life! I'll just coast through the world mooching off people's generosity when I inevitably start to starve and perish in the elements

Grow the fuck up, you child.
>>
>>17196197
>Grow the fuck up, you child.
Why?
>>
>>17196197
Nice advice, bud
>>
You should plan a trip, leave for summer in a cheap place like Asia. And after that try to travel each year or something... That will help you cope with daily life I guess.
>>
>>17196102

>Not going to school just results in a shitty job, and no job results in homelessness.

You could learn a trade?!

>All I really want is to grab a backpack and hit the roads. Wander the world until I find a place where I can be at peace.
Then sell your stuff and DO EXACTLY THAT for a while. Doing that now doesn't even prevent you from going to uni/ learning a trade later on.

May I suggest the way of st. Jacob. It is a easy start for someone who just want to hit the road for a while.
>>
>>17196197
looks like someone bought the corporate agenda hook line & sinker :^)

OP, if this is what you want, then make it happen. Find a way. I can't tell you what your path is. Make your own.
>>
>>17196197
what's the point of dedicating your life to work, might as well just kill yourself
>>
>>17196102
The world will always need plumbers. And carpenters, auto mechanics, mailmen, barbers, garbage men, truck drivers, etc etc etc. Honorable and high paying professions all.
>>
>>17196102

This is me basically
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.