[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(I posted this in /b/ but it didn't get much attention)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: soho_darkgrayfelt.jpg (402 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
soho_darkgrayfelt.jpg
402 KB, 1500x1500
(I posted this in /b/ but it didn't get much attention)

I'm assembling/thinking about assembling a badass backpack and I need your suggestions for useful stuff

For context I'm doing some urban exploration and bokken sparring w/ some buddies for exercise. And also general day stuff

I don't want to have everything for every time I go out, just need some ideas for some stuff on the side that I can have ready to go.

But no prepper survival things pretty pls

So far I have:
-A small first aid kit
-A small bluetooth boombox, no more than $40
-Soju (or a few of those little $5 plastic vodka bottles you can buy)
-Some extra cash in a secret pocket
-A pocket version of stimulating reading material (I'm thinking Hagakure or Marcus Aurelius' Meditations)
-A waterproof notebook and a two pens
-A small knife/Leatherman/Swiss army knife
-Chewing gum in a little plastic box that fits in your pocket
-Deodorant
-A couple of loyalty cards for some cafes etc. nearby
-A waterproof flashlight
-A small amount of weed
-A few glowsticks
-Permanent marker
-Coffee-tasting chewy things
-A lockpicking kit
-A pair of headphones with wires threaded through shoelaces

And /b/ added:
- a powerbank compartment at the bottom of the bag with a hole for the usb chord (like those holes made for earphones)
-a flashlight on the strap to light up the way ahead of you at night
-a solar charger

Anything else? Welcome to unique suggestions
>>
Ah yes, the "one year in jail when a cop searched because I was trespassing" backpack.
>>
>>17195970

Two jars of peanut butter
Fish oil. High calorie, and Omega-3s are one of the only nutrients you can't synthesize internally.
Vitamins
Potassium iodide pills
Water purification solution
Physical water filter straw/cup
Sunscreen
Tarp/Poncho
Lightweight (under 5lb) tent
First aid kit
Epinepherine pin
Instant coffee
10,000 dollars cash
10 pairs of socks
One change of clothing
Twenty feet of nylon cord
>>
A water bottle?
A lighter and some kind of cord.
A blanket.
Sanitizer and one way gloves in the medical kit. Also add antihystamines and pain killers. And steri-strips! Those are crucial.
There's more, i'm sure.
>>
>>17195970
>A waterproof notebook and a two pens
Pencils mate, pencils. Pens don't work when they're wet, pencils work underwater.

>A small knife/Leatherman/Swiss army knife
Leatherman.

>usb chord
Nothing helpful to add here, but a chord is something you play on an instrument, you're thinking of cord.

>a flashlight on the strap to light up the way ahead of you at night
Having spent nine years as an infantryman I can tell you that right angle torches are the single most useless device ever known to man. They sound good on paper, but in practice they will shine in the wrong direction 100% of the time, 80% of which will be directly in to someone else's eyes.
>>
>>17195970
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos about cool backpack kickstarters. I saw one where the back of the backpack was all strong velcro, and you stuck a sheet on your skate board. Makes it so you can just wack your board on your back, rather than fussing with straps.

My 2 cents would be

>Somehow to smoke that bit of weed you're taking
rolling papers, lil pipe, lighter, whatever you prefer

>Separate GPS
The one on your phone saps battery and uses data.
>>
>>17196003
>Nothing helpful to add here, but a chord is something you play on an instrument, you're thinking of cord.
thank you for this, it rustles my jimmies when people talk about "vocal chords" as if you're using them to sing 3 notes at once or some shit

anyway OP if it were me, I'd have 2 separate backpacks, one for everyday/bokken and one for urbex.
>>
>>17195970
>-Soju (or a few of those little $5 plastic vodka bottles you can buy)
>-Deodorant
Ditch. No liquids. Too heavy.

>-Chewing gum in a little plastic box that fits in your pocket
Altoids tins. Good size, tougher, lighter.

>-A small amount of weed
Ditch. You don't want that shit on you if you're caught.

>-Coffee-tasting chewy things
Ditch. If you don't know what it's called, you aren't going to need it.

>-A few glowsticks
Replace with a tritium keyfob. Smaller, lighter, no liquids, lasts for years.

Add the following:
- A copy of "Pocket Ref", by Thomas Glover.
- Paracord, 50ft. Pick this up from a surplus store if you possibly can; the stuff they sell at craft stores is often not as strong.
- Small grappling hook. This is NOT for climbing walls (the pocket-size ones won't hold your weight); it's for retrieving things out of reach and pulling things across floors you're not sure are safe to walk on.
- Camping mirror
- Nitrile gloves, two pairs
- Rubber bands, wrapped around the Altoids tins.
>>
>>17196088
>Paracord, 50ft.
I always hear people taking about these huge stretches of paracord, but what do you even use it for?
>>
>>17196116
Depends on the situation, but if you're doing urbex, it's most likely going to be used with the grapple. Gotta have something to tie it to.
>>
>>17196126
Anything other than that?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.