[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the "grass always looks greener on the other side",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 604x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 604x454
If the "grass always looks greener on the other side", does that imply that there's no such thing as an objectively worse or better decision/situation? I'm talking when it comes to life decisions like "oh I wish I lived in a nicer part of the country vs. where I am now" or "I wish I was that guy he's so much more successful than me etc."

I'm in entering my mid 20s and adulthood (like real adulthood, getting a real job, making payments, seeing friends get married and relatives did, etc.) and I'm trying to get a handle on my expectations for life in general at this point.
>>
Wherever you run to you will always find yourself. Deal with your problems as you stand.
>>
>>17195606
The grass always looks greener because you nu-males don't know how to maintain their fucking lawns.
>>
>>17195606
we are never fullfilled anon-friend what you (and I) have is a curse because you get something and you want more and more, be patient and keep working on it and you will find a wife, have children and all the stuff.
Try to improve yourself every single day, learn something new, get fit or save money for something that would make you happy.
>>
>>17195606
You misunderstand the saying. It is NOT about other choices being better. It is about the human habit of never being satisfied, so that even if your choice is objectively the better one, you'll still convince yourself (however wrongly) that the alternative would have been better.
>>
>>17195621
Is that you just being cheeky or is there a deeper meaning to that
>>
i always thought the saying meant is that if you worry about what other peoples grass is like, you'll always find something that will make you think that your grass isn't as good.
like with what you said about 'i wish i was that guy', you could see a rich business man and you being in a average job like a sales job or tradesperson. then you'll think how he has all that money etc. so it would be better if you were in that position.. where as he could also be working so much that he hardly has free time and is always stressed. your work could be less stressful and you have more free time, but you don't get paid as much

for me i'm almost mid twentys and haven't had a stable job/career. i'm probably in worst position then most people i went to school with ('life' wise as in a job, house, family etc). but for me it's alright in that the job i do at the moment is good to me and i can do things i want hobby wise/in free time (though with different circumstances like not being able to live with parents then it wouldn't be).
but my 'long term goal' would be to own a block of land (something with some room, like a small farm) away from city and that's probably one of only things that's hard to achieve, besides a stable job/career, the career i want is just a trades job. i don't want kids by 30 or to be a CEO of a successful company. other 'goals' i can work slowly at in time, i don't need to achieve them by the time i'm in mid 30s
>>
the difference between this side of the fence and the other side is: YOU

it means that you are pulling down your perception of your side. it means that you think poorly of yourself.

Yes, those kind of life decisions don't change a thing and it's basically unimportant.

As the saying is:

Happyness is not a place or goal, its a way of living.

I don't care where i live, or if it's the nicest place on earth i am focused on what is important: What you are doing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.