[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be better for me to just sequester myself in my apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 146350477630.png (1 MB, 1626x917) Image search: [Google]
146350477630.png
1 MB, 1626x917
Would it be better for me to just sequester myself in my apartment for a year, or continue to let peoples words and opinions of me have a negative affect on my mojo in general?

I am schizo on SSI, but I will be taking online courses once I get on metro housing and have the ability to pay for them.
>>
I like online courses myself, but I'm not sure that they should be used as a means of avoiding interaction with other people.
>>
isolation won't do shit except give you motivation to kill yourself.
>>
>>17194752
Don't isolate yourself, dumbass. I know it's hard to resist the urge as a schizo (schizoid myself, could say we're distant cousins, did it for 5 years until now), but don't do it.

It reduces your social skills (which are necessary for most jobs) and lowers your emotional IQ (necessary for any relationship). Also tends to make you feel useless and unnecessary, a waste of space and oxygen.

Stop caring what other people think about you. They can fuck right off with their opinions.
If they think you're crazy, good. You can get away with more shit that way.
It's worse when they think you're sane and then expect you not to do anything weird.
>>
>>17194803
>It reduces your social skills (which are necessary for most jobs) and lowers your emotional IQ (necessary for any relationship). Also tends to make you feel useless and unnecessary, a waste of space and oxygen.
Not schizoid but holy fuck this. Worst thing I ever did to myself and I'm still trying to start over and fix it. 27 and my only life skill is knowing calculus.
>>
>>17194808
schizo is not schizoid. Schizo is SCHIZOPHRENIC. Two very different things, and I highly doubt OP meant schizoid when he called himself schizo.
>>
>>17194839
Not that anon, but i'm pretty sure we all knew that.
Schizoids don't need disability welfare.
>>
>>17194752
I can't answer that question.

However, if you find a way to live your life financially--sure isolate yourself.

Unfortunately, economics is based upon other people and your interactions with them.

So, you may have to man-up and play the helicopter game with your dingus.
>>
>>17194847
Clearly that guy didn't since he called it schizoid. This is an error I see from people all the time, and it drives me crazy.
>>
>>17194886
I used the more minor of the two as they had both been put out there. Sry.
>>
>>17194886
not that anon but I interpreted
>schizoid myself, could say we're distant cousins
to mean that he's aware schizoid and schizo are not the same thing, just share some general features in common.

OP, depressedfag married to schizoaffectivefag here. just gonna say, isolation is not good for any mental illness - thought disorder, personality disorder, mood disorder, all are made worse by excessive isolation. learning to cope with other people's opinions of you, and learning when you should actually worry about them vs. when you should blow them off, are skills that everybody should learn. with a psychotic disorder, you may have a harder time learning it. but you should make it a long term project to improve your skills in that area. just take it 1 baby step at a time, man. things will be ok.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.