[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you name a company after something it does't actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1413587271964.jpg (229 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
1413587271964.jpg
229 KB, 835x773
Can you name a company after something it does't actually do? For example, if you wanted to start a photo agency and name it something like "Faggot Industries" instead of "Faggot Photography".
>>
>>17193878
You can name a company anything you want - you can call a photography studio The Pretzel Factory if you want. The only thing you can't do is use a name that's already being used or one close enough that it might mislead customers. You can't call your computer company Apple or even Ample.

Generally speaking, though, the more a name tells the potential customer about what you actually do, the better
>>
File: 51590728.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51590728.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>17193951
I see. I thought there would be issues with false advertising, but I'm actually naming mine the way I am because of another company having the same name.

Thanks.
>>
>>17193976

you might get shit from customers or have a hard time if you call yourself 'the faggot moving company' when in reality you take photos.

but calling yourself 'the faggot company' or 'faggot industries' or 'faggots incorporated' or 'holy siht i love sucking dick i need more LLC' is fine.
>>
>>17193976
>>17193982

also going generic with 'faggot industries' as opposed to 'WE DO YOUR PHOTOS LLC' is good in case you ever expand into something else. you really never know.
>>
>>17193985
Yeah, the idea is to expand into other things. It's actually an effects and animation thing, but I'd also like to do live action production as I go along, since I know some people that work in that.

As I said, I needed to change the name of it, and the "industries" name thing was a friend's idea. I thought it sounded kinda silly and misleading, that's why I asked.
>>
Dude just call it 'Faggots, Inc'
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.