[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bf seems upset by me working more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 137x137) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 137x137
>have long term bf
>used to work more hours at one job, but this was short term, im permanently part time
>when i made more money, my bf and i thought it fair that (since we made about same amount of money) we generally go dutch on dates

>then i started making less money
>if we wanted to cont this lifestyle of going out often, bf had to pay for at least most of the dates, i contributed what I could
>at times bf was frustrated with this, but still did it
>i found ways to ease this and repay in what I could, since I didn't have the funds, I'd make dinner for him and kinda cater to him when I could so he knew I still wanted to have fun with him

>it has been hard for me to keep up with rent and general cost of living so I sought out another part time job

>im in probation period and really want to stand out, so i take most substitute work and my reg schedule at this second job to show i am good employee

>bf is now kind of skiddish to my new job
>i personally love it, despite working full days and it is split shift, so it can be an all-day work day for me

I don't understand, I want to make more money to live comfortably and go out and do my share with bf. But it feels like no matter which way I chose (having bf pay for most things, or getting another job), bf seems unsatisfied.

How to help him adjust? Is it something we'll just have to get used to? I mean, if we were older and living together this would be the fair norm anyways, both of us working and seeing each other less in general... As much as I wish we could totally do whatever we wanted with each other all day for free, it's not realistic... What do?
>>
>>17193860

>has a bf
>uses jim from the office as a reaction image

you're already planing to cuck him
>>
>>17193869
I actually just picked a random image. its not related, but once I saw it posted, I realized it seems like it adds a negative connotation.
>>
>>17193860
Perhaps it's not so much the money but more the fact that he will be spending less time with you now?
>>
>>17193883
I assumed that, but I had to make a choice. He knew I was struggling to even pay rent and fill up my tank... And it's not like I was gonna ask my bf to pay for things like that, things I'm responsible for...

We still spend all weekend together. But during the week we used to spontaenously go out or I'd randomly bring him homecooked lunch at work. So I can see how those things being gone could make him feel a little upset.
>>
>>17193860
>On average how many hours do you per day/week?
>>
If spending time together is so important, you should probably just move in together. Seems like you would be able to afford it with both of you working full time.
>>
>>17194654
I work 8-9 hours a day. 4 hours at one job (8am to 12pm), 4-5 hours (start time either 2:30 or 4pm ingeneral end time somewhere between 6 and 8) plus driving time. And I am in college, but I have class twice a week in between my two jobs.

My boyfriend also works 8 hours a day too. He has college class 9 to 11am, then works from 1 to 9.

So he's busy too, I mean, he's not waiting around on me to get home. We're generally out and about at the same times.
>>
>>17195768
>doesn't like paying for meals
>doesn't like you working the same amount of hours as him
Sounds to me like he's going to complain no matter what you do. Why are you with a child? He should learn to express himself, not just for your sake, but so he has the chance to think about what he actually feels.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.