[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My manager threatened to smash my skull in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1450307513633-pol.jpg (35 KB, 320x454) Image search: [Google]
1450307513633-pol.jpg
35 KB, 320x454
Today was a pretty regular day. When he put up the schedule for next week, I was angry. My hours were being cut, again. I was well aware the decision came down from ownership, but he wasn't around so I took it to my manager. He didn't want to talk about and just tried to absolve himself of it.

I **lashed** out after that. I can admit that. I handled it poorly. I tend to do that. He handled it just as bad. If not worse. We argued for about 40 seconds, then he got in my face and was trying to intimidate me or provoke me into hitting him. I pushed him off me and told him I quit.

I called my boss and told him I quit and why. Manager continues to run his mouth for the next half hour. Threatens to smash my skull in, push my teeth in - generally just acting like a dope head going through withdrawals. I'm not scared of him. He could probably beat me up, but I'm no pussy bitch and can handle myself. He called me every name in the book. He wanted me to throw the first punch badly. I didn't see the point in fighting him over it. I have a son. I have a life to handle.

Owner comes back. Convinces me to come in tomorrow so we can hash everything out. Sends my manager home. Thing is...I'm not sure I can work for this guy anymore. It's not the first time we've argued. We both have some anger problems. We've always worked it out like adults, though. This just hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't see it coming. I find myself nervous about going in there tomorrow. He says he won't work there if I do, but I imagine it's a bluff to make me not come in. I don't care if he works there or not. The guy is just insane. He's attacked an ex-employee once before and threatened him in a similar manner. I'm not confident he won't just jump me or some shit. I will defend myself. I just don't really know how to feel about the whole thing.

I don't know why I wrote this or even what advice I'm looking for. I guess just some outside, unbiased input would be nice.
>>
>>17193853
If you play your cards right you might be able to make something of it. Raise, promotion to your managers position perhaps? If anything it would give you some time to look for another job.
>>
>>17193853
Report his threats to the police.
>>
>>17193881
I'm thinking he won't even come back. I know I can do his job. Short order cooking isn't fucking hard. Hardest thing he does is the food orders. Big deal. I know the owner wants me to be in a spot to move up, so really this all works out for me.

I'm just worried he's gonna attack me outside of work. Who knows. I'm probably over thinking it.

>>17193903
This is what I would be doing if I was actually quitting. I still may be. There still may be things to come from him in this altercation. He's fucking psychotic and addicted to opiates.
>>
>>17193912
>He's fucking psychotic and addicted to opiates.

You're worried about getting beat up by a junkie? What are you, ninety pounds? Man up, keep your mouth shut, keep your job so you can feed your son. Adulting really isn't that hard...
>>
>>17193853
Go to HR and make a formal complaint about his threats. If you don't have a HR dept then go to whatever fair work practices dept your government has.

But.. When you say you 'lashed out' what exactly did you do?
>>
>>17193925
I weigh like 175. I'm not the biggest guy. He has the weight advantage on me. I don't think he can throw me around or anything. You are right, though. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of. Hmm. Whatever happens, happens. Good point.
>>
>>17193932
>when you say you lashed out what did you do

I was just pissed. Audibly and visibly. He didn't want to talk about with me at all, so I told him to start looking for a replacement. Like I said - I absolutely handled it poorly. I just don't think it warranted such a violent response. I would have rather took it up with the owner, but he wasn't even there.
>>
>>17193942
>I weigh like 175. I'm not the biggest guy.

Fucking fatass. I weigh 175 and I look like a "big fucking guy". But I go to the gym and you're a faggot so fuck you
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.