[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I stop smoking weed? Long story short I started smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Should I stop smoking weed?

Long story short I started smoking weed pretty late (age 23) after being pretty straight edge throughout HS & uni. It was fucking awesome and blew my world open. My buddies and I moved into a place together a little while after that and it didn't take long for it to become a stoner nest, which was pretty sweet for a bit, but soon I noticed I had real trouble talking to people when I was high. Like even answering the door for pizza or having a roommate come home when I was high was torture. I noticed that nobody else seems to have this problem and that made me wonder if it was something wrong with me.

It made me incredibly self-conscious and I started thinking about all the shit I missed out on by not smoking earlier in life/all the stuff I could have done differently/all the reasons I was lame or whatever. It'd happen each time I was high and started to bleed into when I was sober, too. I figured it was time to take a break so I tried - like once every month. But all my friends smoke and nobody thinks weed is anything but a miracle drug and I always end up caving to the pressure.

I guess does this sound familiar to anyone else? I just need some advice because I feel really confused about it. The idea of quitting weed forever makes me sad, because on the occasions when it doesn't affect me poorly it makes me incredibly creative and I like examining the world from that new perspective.
>>
>>17193766

If you have to ask whether or not you should quit smoking weed you should probably stop smoking weed.
>>
Smoking weed is degenerate. You will make it a personality crutch if you don't cut it out.

I started smoking everday at 16 and only stopped recently. I am 21. I feel legitimately better. Keep it out of your life. If you really have to, I'd recommend not letting it get habitual. You will stagnate as a person. It's not worth it.
>>
>>17193766
I'm the same way. Makes me socially autistic and I get all introverted and can't form sentences to save my life.

You don't have to stop, just cut back on it. Make it the thing you do when you're alone and just playing vidya or whatever. Don't partake in social situations. If your friends are stoners, they'll probably pressure you about it because for some reason it's not fun to be stoned around sober people.
>>
>>17193766
Well OP I can say from personal experience smoking weed for me was such a waste of time. I smoked it for years, letting my talents fade away and my personal growth stop.
I remember the first couple of years of high school I was top of my class in English Literature and Drama Studies with high hopes from all my teachers. But sadly I wanted to try pot and didn't stop until I was 22.
>>
>>17193766
weed for me is best done alone. In fact, i've only smoked alone for the past 5 years now. I too am kind of awkward socially when I'm high unless everyone is getting high with me. I too am quite self-conscious when high which is why i started doing it alone so i could immerse myself in things without distraction. Putting on a record, playing a video game, watching a movie, surfing youtube. A big reason why i stopped smoking socially is because i'd need to keep smoking in order to maintain my high, because when i start to come down i tend to lose my enthusiasm. The loss of enthusiasm is easier to deal with alone because no one is counting on you to be good company besides yourself.

As for what to do, your highs don't seem all that fun, and that alone should be a reason to stop or at least change when or why you do it. Getting high should be "fun", so if its not fun then just think about what you can do to either make it fun or just kick it.

As for your friends, I get that. Most of my friends still smoke but I just don't smoke with them and because I'd rather not hang out with stoners while I'm sober i don't hang with them as often. It happens, but if you try hard enough you can find people who don't use weed as a crutch for social interaction.
>>
How much are you smoking? I get like what you describe after fatty bong rips or smoking blunts or just smoking quite a bit. Smoking lower amounts/less potent weed doesn't really smash you in the face with a hyper self aware high but instead just flows through you without really altering your state of mind but gives you the feeling and high.

Also, have you tried edibles? It's a different high, more of a body high than a mind high. I prefer edibles simply because it's the high from smoking but without the brain stutters
>>
>>17193843
>for some reason it's not fun to be stoned around sober people

Yeah, I know. That's why I usually cave and smoke, I don't want to be the reason they're not having fun.

>>17193937
because I'd rather not hang out with stoners while I'm sober i don't hang with them as often

Yeah, I understand that there's probably gonna be some fallout if I stop, which kinda sucks.

>>17193944
Edibles/strains/amounts don't seem to change my high all that much. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it or whatever, or smoking so heavily these last few years have changed the way my brain handles weed.

The vibes I'm getting from all the answers seem to suggest quitting as the best option. I'll try to see if I can do the entire month of June to start. Your stories/experiences are encouraging, though. If anyone else has any they'd like to share, it'd be appreciated.
>>
>>17193803
Don't listen to anyone that uses terms like degenerate or cuck, any buzzword is an automatic ignore.
>>
>>17194360
>>
>>17193766

Don't smoke for a month and see if things improve. If they do, then maybe step back and reconsider your relationship with weed--it may be time to quit entirely.

If things aren't any better, then maybe weed is just forcing you to deal with shit you haven't/don't want to deal with. At that point it might be time to talk to someone about your feelings.
>>
>>17193766
>long story short
>posts long story
>weed

Just give it up man.
>>
>>17194165

If you're having trouble saying no when everyone else is just tell them that you have a drug test coming up at work and you need to be clean, they'll stop bugging you then.

I haven't smoked weed for 6 months man and I don't even want to. I agree with some posters in here that if you smoke on your own and then go and do something afterwards, it's well worth it. Smoking so much that being stoned becomes the default state is when things become very antsy.

Just give it a rest for a bit. It's hard to say No at first but it only becomes easier each time you do.
>>
>>17193766

You should stop smoking, OP.
Cannabis is something miraculous indeed. It existence has been linked to human existence. We've been toghether for thousands of years in pure simbiosis.
Smoking irritates your sinus, your eyes, your throat and lungs. Smoke is hot and burning your entire respiratory system. It is not something you want to mix with something that makes you feel so good. Otherwise you are creating encountered feelings. First you smoke because it makes you feel good, then you feel bad because of adverse reaction to smoke.
Try vaporize, try eating it cooked or raw. Raw eating is not popularized but it is the best way to incorporate cannabis to your body.

If you do this you will feel that every negative effect of consuming cannabis has gone. Because you erased the negative aspect of consuming it.
>>
>>17193785
First post, best post. Listen to this, OP.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.