[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you speak with a filter when talking to most girls? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Activate it.jpg (52 KB, 468x309) Image search: [Google]
Activate it.jpg
52 KB, 468x309
Do you speak with a filter when talking to most girls? I'm usually afraid to act like myself around girls. It took me pretty much all of highschool to realize that a girl doesn't give a shit if you use profanity in a casual conversation.
>>
Only when I'm looking for a one night stand. I'd go insane if I had to filter my words around someone with whom I'm in a long term relationship.
>>
>>17193475
Yes, I filter my words around women. I am a woman. I curse less to fit in.

However, I don't filter my words around men. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.
>>
>>17193475
Only thing I won't say is nigger and nigga, also I won't talk about my interest in the Syrian war or history. Other then that it's no hold bar
>>
>>17193528
Why worry about fitting in women are psychologically no different from guys you dipshit.
>>
>>17193475
Typically, no.
I curse like a sailor and have no problem talking about offensive things, fetishes, ect. Just be open about stuff. It's a good way to meet like-minded people, so long as you're not shoving these things down their throat the second you meet them.
>>
>>17193556
Nah. Women don't curse as much as men. At least where I live. I guess I have more behavioral standards in my career.

> Women are psychologically no different from guys
That's just not objectively true.
>>
>>17193475

you ever watch scrubs? they did an eipsode where the janitor (a crazy person) got a girlfriend. and they were trying to figure out why. It turned out he was lying about who he was and they convinced him she only loves him and its only worth it if he tells the truth.

so he went up to her and unloaded all of his crazy in one monologue. thats when the gang learned that any time you meet someone, you are lying about who you are, or rather holding yourself back.

you got to let your crazy out in tiny little doses so that people can get used to you.

that being said i recently met a girl and let out ALLLLLLL my crazy in one night and it was pretty nice.
>>
File: 500x500.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500x500.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>17193556
>women are psychologically no different from guys
>>
>>17193582
>17193475

i shoudl have read taht last sentence, didnt know we were talking about profanity strictly.

nah my dad was a sailor so i swear a lot
>>
It's okay and normal to have a filter in almost any interactions, like John Locke wrote about this, he said that personal identity is based on conciousness not on the essence of the person, or the soul or something like that. This lead us to the fact that we are not expressing ourselves as we are, rather we are expressing to the world according to what we think is the best for that situation, however, certain charactheristics of our personality take us to use certain filters more often than others.

In the end what matters is not what we say when interacting with other people.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.