[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I'm 26 and don't know what I want to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1453602081602.gif (24 KB, 245x443) Image search: [Google]
1453602081602.gif
24 KB, 245x443
Hey /adv/

I'm 26 and don't know what I want to do with my life. I think I may want to travel around and view the country/world but I don't have any skills to do something that doesn't anchor me down in one place.

What would you suggest learning in order to travel freely while not being completely poverty stricken?
>>
can you cook?
>>
>>17193282
I can not, but I'm willing to learn.
>>
>>17193257
freelance web developer, freelance anything.
keep in mind if your trying to be nomadic nothing will be reliable and youre likely to struggle. be a petty thug similar to a gypsy if you really want to make big
>>
>>17193257
try learn to cook from cooking shows and recipe books. Get good enough and earn money for a truck, convert it to a food truck and travel around in your country

long process but not impossible if you ask me.
when you already have the truck converted, its easy from there
there's a movie about a traveling food truck if you become interested, i think the title is "Food". You can learn stuff from that movie. Advertising yourself is an important thing too once you're in business

if not a food truck, then maybe a chef/cook?
>>
>>17193308
I'll look into web development. I've heard that field is expanding pretty rapidly.
I don't think I have the attitude to be a swindling gypsy. I feel bad at my current job for having to charge people large amounts of money for a bed to sleep on. It's something I can work at though.

>>17193333
That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Might be a long process but it should be possible in under five years. I'll check out that movie. I suppose good chefs are always in demand so that would at least give me something stable in every city.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (57 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
57 KB, 313x470
>>17193257
Chef was the title of the movie sorry
Robert downey Jr and scarlet Johanson is in here holy shit. i didnt notice the avengers were here
warning about the movie: It'll make you hungry af

anyway op, goodluck!
>>
>>17193378
Hab u seen a chef, b0ss?
>>
>>17193257
26 is too old to be a wistful traveling vagabond, what have you been doing with your life until now?
>>
>>17193381
as in a real chef?
Yeah, my girlfriend's mother was a chef. Tho i havent seen her cook in person
>>
>>17193381
That actually looks pretty good even if not for study material. Damn, thanks man.

>>17193383
I spent a year or two wasting time around college without actually learning much. Then I spent a few years being a depressed NEET and for the last couple years been working at a menial job.
Why the age limit?
>>
>>17193383
>26 is too old to be a wistful traveling vagabond
Says who?
>>
>>17193426
the economy, it's okay to go backpacking around Europe when you're 18-20, but at some point you can't pass it off as immaturity to your employer.
>>
File: 1448929874551.png (11 KB, 381x381) Image search: [Google]
1448929874551.png
11 KB, 381x381
>>17193257
I have no advice for you but kudos for the clementine pic op
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.