[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to just, stop having friends? It sounds retarded,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: o4d435O0fm1v3hnido1500.jpg (69 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
o4d435O0fm1v3hnido1500.jpg
69 KB, 500x491
Is it possible to just, stop having friends? It sounds retarded, but I really find myself better without friends. Like I can do more, feel better, and be happy without any friends. I do have friends, and i think they like hanging out and shit. But I really don't want to be friends with anyone, no matter how good of best friends we/they are. I know I sound like a attention seeking loser, but it's a serious question. Any ideas?
>>
i thought this same thing and totally disconnected from my friends. it feels good for awhile but soon you just get lonely. stick with your friends man
>>
>>17193213
It's very possible to stop having friends. Just flake on them, don't return calls. It can get a bit lonely though.
>>
>>17193213

some people yes.

if oyu believe you can be happy iwhtout friends, take a month off. if you go through the month not feelign sad or yearning, consider keep going.

for some people its not that they dont need friends its that they need different friends.
>>
I feel the same way. I am alone for long periods of time, but when the opportunity arises to hang out with friends or whatever, I can't resist going along. Sometimes I regret agreeing to their demands, thinking of all the productive things I could have done. Sometimes I regret nothing.
>>
>>17193213
After high school, I dropped both groups of friends I had. We really didn't have too similar of interests and I always felt somehow worse after having hung out with them, so it never bothered me. I feel a lot better having no commitments and a ton of time to develop hobbies and interests.

Before you do it though, be certain that you're okay with basically no social interaction beyond basic stuff with coworkers and the like. Most of my hobbies are solitary and I stay at home when I'm not working, but if you enjoy going to the theater or out to eat, be sure you're not too spergy to go alone.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.