[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you give advice on/adv/ anons and anonettes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1451373267878.png (129 KB, 314x278) Image search: [Google]
1451373267878.png
129 KB, 314x278
Why do you give advice on/adv/ anons and anonettes?
>>
Coming up with some of the answers is a nice exercise in introspection and raises social IQ.
>>
>>17192773
I like to help people, and I can't do it in real life because all the people around me (med school) are normal and well-adjusted and don't need any help.
>>
Makes you think
>>
File: 3.jpg (75 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
75 KB, 451x600
>>17192773
it's a two way street. my perspective might help people while their perspectives might help me. I also like to help people in general.

Have a flower, friend
>>
>>17192821
>all the people around me (med school) are normal and well-adjusted
Oh boy, you're lucky. You chose your medschool well. 7/10 of my classmates need help.
>>
>>17192801
This. Also I genuinely have a caring attitude in life
>>
I frequently feel really lost and I like to ask for help. I like to extend the kindness I'm shown to others.
>>
>>17192773
It's nice to help others and I've been through/going through a lot. I just think that someone on the other end is smiling or feels better.
>>
I do it because I feel like the return to investment is high. I spend what? 2-3 mins to type out a well thought out response and that gives anons in need much needed perspective to an issue. 3 minutes of my time might go a long way for someone thousdands of miles away.
>>
It helps me understand my own problems. When I take the time to write and re-write an advice over and over, looking for the best way to explain the issue, it helps me understand my own situation in life and how to improve it. Often I start to write something and then delete it, which makes me realize I need to reconsider my perspective and approach a problem in a way that is more positive and constructive.
>>
I've seen and got some good advice here so I like to give back
>>
Because giving advice anonymously is one of the most selfless acts of kindness that can be performed. There's nothing to gain from helping someone in this way except for maybe the occasional "thanks". This is what makes this board a special and unique place on the net.
>>
I'm here because when I get drunk, I feel emotional and I want to express some of those emotions through sympathy.
>>
Some of us oldfags stay here to fight the impeding hordes of Reddit and Tumblr, and keep them contained to this board.
>>
masturbate as little as possible.
>>
>>17194026
There is something to gain, people dont live in separate worlds from eachother. Every action has a reaction. When you do a kindness for someone they are more likely to do good themselves, You see it all the time, some people when they are having a bad day they spread their suffering around.
>>
I do it because I hope that karma will come and I will get good advice when I make a thread, but I rarely do lol.
>>
>>17192821
>>17192840

Ahaahaha. I'm with anon whose classmates don't need help. Except I'm not here to help people but to slow down the process of me going insane. (Or help it. ..?)
I'm a complete recluse and this is bad for a future doctor. :(
>>
To give advice to the millionth teen who thinks they need sex to feel better about themselves when in reality they don't.
>>
>>17194107
Choose a profession away from the patient or where you only interact with them anaesthetised. My cousin's a pathologist, mother's a transfusiologist, I'm training to be an anesthesiologist. Seeing my classmates vomit blood after getting shitfaced after a successful exam makes me wonder though.
>>
>>17192773
Call me an asshole, but I like seeing people dealing with their own problems, as it makes me feel better about my own.

It also helps that there's not a lot that I haven't dealt with in one way or another, so I might as well help stop other anons from making stupid decisions.
>>
>>17194121
My boards are soon. ... wish me luck...

hahaha.....
my mother's a radiologist and I want to follow in her footsteps. That's my ultimate desire.
>>
>>17192773
Different questions and their answers give me new perspectives on things.
>>
>>17194260
Good luck!
>radiologist
That's perfect for a reculse. You'll be examining images all day with minimal interaction, and all neccesary data will be written down or on the computer. I wouldn't worry about being a reculse if I were you.
>>
>>17192773
I normally come on here because you can help a lot of people at once. I still help people in real life, only it's fewer because nobody really likes to talk about their problems for fear of being disliked.

On here though, I can be reflective and don't have to worry about the advice I give coming across as harsh and losing a friendship over it.

Some people only want advice because they want you to agree with them. On this site, though, especially when the person asking something is able to get feedback from multiple people saying the same thing, it's easier for them to come to a conclusion that yes, they need to reassess how they're handling whatever issue.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.